Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Laffranchi to shape up for Bulldogs clash

TITANS forward Anthony Laffranchi has declared himself a certain starter when the Gold Coast attempt to get their season back on track against the Bulldogs on Friday week.

The former NSW and Test back rower has been sidelined for the past six weeks with ankle ligament damage.

After a long and at times frustrating rehabilitation, Laffranchi said he was ready to rip as the Titans fight to salvage their finals hopes.

"I am pretty certain I will shape up against the Bulldogs," Laffranchi said.

"With ruptured ligaments it is a six-week healing process and the bye weekend falls on six weeks.

"The bye has come at a good time, giving me that extra week to be fully fit."

Nearly mid-way through the season, the Titans are anchored near the bottom of the ladder with Canberra the only cushion between them and dead last.

They head into the Bulldogs clash coming off back to back losses against the Warriors and Manly.

"It has definitely been frustrating," Laffranchi said.

"After a couple losses I am itching to contribute to the team and help out in any way I can.

"It is hard to pin point (where things are going wrong).

"There are areas in the game that are costing us.

"In the past when we give away a penalty or an error we defend it and bounce back.

"It seems teams have been getting the full benefit and scoring and putting us in the deep end on the back of them."

Laffranchi said he was even more determined to play against the Bulldogs to help ease the burden on Origin stars Ash Harrison and Greg Bird, who will attempt to back up for Queensland and NSW respectively.

"There is half a season still to go and hopefully we can push on a bit further," Laffranchi said.

"They are the elite players in your club team and you always want them to get through and back up.

"Hopefully with myself coming back I can help out their situation by carrying a bit of the workload of the guys backing up."

Assistant coach Steve Murphy will hold the fort while John Cartwright is in camp with the Blues.

"Murph has done it when Carty has been away with City and Australia," Laffranchi said.

"He is great to have around and definitely a skillful coach with aspirations of being a head NRL coach one day."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gee that would be a big boost for the Titans if Anthony returned.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

QLD Cup Titan

Definitely a boost for the team if Boof can return - esp with Harro and Birdy in origin teams that week!!!!!

Would love for him to come back but if there's any doubt whatsoever, he should rest another week

Esi v Idris should be worth the price of admission alone. I'm finally going to get to a game an I get two for the price of one and two quality encounters I hope. The number 9 is a real problem for us. Could Bird or Harrison perhaps plug the gap, Bird is certainly built for the caper, not sure if his passin is good enough though.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE DOUBLE HEADER

Try and get tickets for Bays 312 or 313.

Junior

Tomane wasnt named for ipswich, does anybody know if anything is going on there? Is he just having a rest, or is he in cartys plans against the dogs?

1. bird and harrison will be at origin probably not backing up
    2. tomane hope so but unlikely
    3. esi vs idris, idris is likely to play origin with gasnier probs out with his baby been born

this is who will be for us next week
    1. capewell
    2. michaels
    3. tonga
    4.tomane
    5. mead
    6. zillman
    7. prince
    8. bailey
    9. brown
    14. henderson
    11. bodene
    12. minichello
    13. o dwyer

8.white
    15. laffranchi
    16. campbell
    17. james

almost garantee it

Junior Titan

What are you basing that on?

I hope Tomane gets another shot cause being dumped from a performance where you know you played bad would be horrible to the youngster.

It wont get any easier marking up on Morris/Barba corridor.

dw u know carty. he wont drop anyone unless they are injuryed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lonely Turtle View Post
    1. bird and harrison will be at origin probably not backing up
    2. tomane hope so but unlikely
    3. esi vs idris, idris is likely to play origin with gasnier probs out with his baby been born
    Bird & Harrison will have to have BrokenArms & Legs not to back up on Friday night

The good news for us is Aiden Tolman will be out for 4-5 weeks after suffering an injury against the Raiders
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The good news for us is Aiden Tolman will be out for 4-5 weeks after suffering an injury against the Raiders
    Haha Pete you are evil. But the loss of Aiden will help us win the forwards battle. Hopefully they can follow his lead. I just love you Bull.

Junior

If anyone needs confirmation that lawton needs another shot, have a look at the highlights of the tweed vs sunny coast game from last week (on qrl.com.au). He had a blinder.