Yeeeeeee haaaaaaa

Another great win by the boys!!!!!!

:test: :test: :test: :test: :test: :test:

Peterson is outstanding!!

Rogers going better then ever!!!

Preston again set up some tries !! :hissyfit"

Anyway, we on 18 points and doing fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Every Newcastle fan complaining about the strip near the end?

What about the blantant strip punch forward toward his posts against Preston first try??

That was a knock on, i have no doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Evening everyone,

Well what a fantastic roll the boys are on now - congratulations on a safe return to Preston and 'Chalky', and I hope Laffranchi's injury is as serious as first thought.

What a difference Lewis has made to the Titans attack, and his chip and chase in the first half deserved a try for the sheer audacity alone!

Look out Warriors next week, because if Preston regains some confidence on his knee, than the Titans little men could have an absloute field day against the Kiwi giants.

If anyone missed the match, here is a copy of my match report -

http://www.league.net.au/titans-hold-off-knights/

Cheers,

Parra Petty

I knew it was going to be one of those games and thankfully we got the points. On to 18 points now, only a few more wins and we've pretty much sealed a finals spot. Top 4 still an excellent chance if we can stay consistant. Good win by the boys

Regards, T-J.

Full Time Score:

Titans: 28

Knights: 22

Rogers rescues Titans

June 23, 2007

FORMER Australia rugby player Mat Rogers pulled off a try-saving tackle in the dying seconds to ensure the Gold Coast secured a hard-fought 28-22 win over Newcastle Knights at Carrara.

Rogers held up Knights back rower Cory Paterson over the line in the last play of the match as the visitors desperately tried to send the match into extra time.

It looked like the Titans would cruise to victory leading 28-18 with nine minutes left after winger Matt Petersen bagged the club's first-ever hat-trick of tries.

But the Knights never gave up and almost pulled off an unthinkable win at Carrara, where the Titans have won five out of six matches this season.

Gold Coast cemented its top eight spot, while the Monday night football curse continued, with both Newcastle and Canberra suffering defeats after playing at EnergyAustralia Stadium just five days ago.

A serious knee injury to New South Wales Origin hopeful Anthony Laffranchi took some gloss off the Titans' five-tries-to-four win in front of 15,306 fans who braved the rain to watch their team record its fourth consecutive victory.

Laffranchi's chances of making his NSW Origin debut in the July 4 dead rubber in Brisbane have seemingly gone up in smoke after he suffered suspected medial ligament damage to his right knee in the 24th minute.

He hurt the knee when he was gang tackled in a charge towards the line after five-eighth Josh Lewis sparked an attacking raid with a neat chip and chase.

The home side was leading 16-12 when Petersen set up a 55th minute try for Rogers in a 70m movement started by Preston Campbell, who was solid in his comeback from a seven-week lay-off due to a knee injury.

Petersen looked to have sealed the win in bizarre circumstances nine minutes from full-time, jagging the club's first-ever hat-trick of tries.

New recruit Ian Donnelly appeared to be contained near the line when he attempted to off-load to Petersen but the ball bounced into the legs of Knights five-eighth Jarrod Mullen and went backwards as Petersen picked up the crumbs to score.

The Titans led 10-6 at half-time and extended their buffer in the 46th minute when halfback Scott Prince set up Petersen's second try.

Knights forward Daniel Tolar, though, scored a soft soon after to peg back the deficit to 16-12.

Gold Coast enjoyed a 22-12 advantage after Rogers' try but an Adam McDougall four-pointer off a Mullen bomb in the 66th minute kept the Knights in the hunt.

It appeared all over when Petersen grabbed his third try but the Knights launched a final assault and were only held out by Rogers' late try-saver.

AAP

good game but hope lafranchi is fine
    i hate these games where the opposition almost beats us in the dying seconds
    too much strain on the heart

Yet again Rogers, Peterson & Prince standout, but all the boys played well. As I have written before Gavin Cooper is very underated and proved so again tonight I thought. Very deserving of being in the top 4.

Now let's hope we roll the Warriors. Hope Laffranchi & Campbell pull up OK from injuries.

kahlar did nothing like normal
    nfi y he still picks him?
    surely grahman is fit again, he was great for us at the start of the year
    if campbell was still on, patterson would of steam rolled over him, good coaching by carty

webster didnt do anything bad but nothing outstanding
    peterson basically has celmented his wing slot, just webster wing is still a bit iffy
    he needs to find his foam from the storm

Lafranchi is gone for 2 to 4 weeks
    btw who was MOTM?

I am going to write to the Titans (even though the security company contracted is probably more who I should complain to) about one of the security guards. I won't go into detail but basically she was just plain rude and violent.. spoiled the end of the night for me..
    Last edited by Nathalie; 24-06-07 at 01:47 PM.

iam guessing peterson was motm with the hattrick
    wat happen nat
    tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by RLfan View Post
    Yet again Rogers, Peterson & Prince standout, but all the boys played well. As I have written before Gavin Cooper is very underated and proved so again tonight I thought. Very deserving of being in the top 4.

Now let's hope we roll the Warriors. Hope Laffranchi & Campbell pull up OK from injuries.
    Your right about Gavin Cooper...he's creating havoc down the short side.
    I think his football skills are now outshining his hair cut.

copper will prob slot into laffanci's place with stosic, hogdeson n granhman all coming onto the bench with kahlar droped, PLZ DROP HIM, made an average of 5m per run... with he big bull 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Your right about Gavin Cooper...he's creating havoc down the short side.
    I think his football skills are now outshining his hair cut.

Yeah and with Dallas Johnson possibly injured, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Maroon jersey.