Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Who wrote that?

That was a well written piece
    We all should quote the author of articles added to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Who wrote that?

That was a well written piece
    Correct me if I'm wring, but I think it's from the Big League magazing, and on the nrl site for their match previews...

GO THE MAROONS!

yeh got it from nrl.com

seems our team is really starting to gain respect after reading that article

Bailey ready for big night

By Daniel Pace
    June 21, 2007

GOLD Coast co-captain Luke Bailey has sent an ominous warning to Newcastle - he's feeling "fresh as a daisy" and ready to rip into the Knights at Carrara on Saturday.

Bailey missed the Titans' courageous 16-14 victory over Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday, due to a pectoral muscle injury he carried into last week's State of Origin match in Sydney.

But the Kangaroos and New South Wales prop has trained strongly this week, and is confident of being fit to face the Knights, who defeated Canberra 22-18 at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Monday night.

"I trained pretty well and it felt good," said the 27-year-old.

"I didn't even think about it today.

"Normally, after Origin, you back up and you struggle during that week, but having the weekend off and getting the body right, I feel fresh as a daisy and ready to take it out on the Knights."

Livewire fullback Preston Campbell is booked to make his return from a knee injury this week, a timely return after losing British replacement Richie Mathers to a knee problem.

Bailey said the return of Campbell, combined with the recent recruitment of five-eighth Josh Lewis, would further ease the pressure on chief playmaker Scott Prince.

The Titans' leader said it was tough watching his old club, St George Illawarra, thrash the Titans 28-10 in round 10 last month, when he was in camp with the Blues, Campbell was out injured and Lewis was still playing for the Sydney Roosters.

"Princey touched the ball every tackle and it was frustrating watching how much ball he was getting," said Bailey.

"Now we've got three blokes to go to. All three of them are small blokes but they like having a crack in defence.

"You want to play with blokes like that.

"Josh Lewis is getting better each week and his confidence is right up there for a young kid coming into a new squad."

Only nine teams have savoured victory in their next match after playing Monday night football, but the alarming statistic for Newcastle hasn't made Gold Coast coach John Cartwright any more confident of a win for the fifth-placed Titans.

"I don't really buy into those voodoos," he said.

"We've had a little longer to prepare (than the Knights) but we've had six blokes not at training (on Tuesday) so it'll be a tough game."

AAP

I'm getting pumped up for this game...the Knights played well to beat Canberra last weekend (especially Buderus).

I'd say this is the best Titans team to run on the paddock together, so far.
    We haven't seen Bailey, Preston, Lewis, Donnelly and Stosic all play together yet.

Come on you Titans!

Nervous about this one. I think Newcastle have been generally underestimated since Joey's departure and we'll need to be really switched on to get the points. I sense they're primed for a top notch performance.

I see us winning or losing (hopefully winning) by 4-10 points.

Regards, T-J.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan John View Post
    Nervous about this one. I think Newcastle have been generally underestimated since Joey's departure and we'll need to be really switched on to get the points. I sense they're primed for a top notch performance.

I see us winning or losing (hopefully winning) by 4-10 points.

Regards, T-J.
    Your going to have to pump yourself up for this one Titan John.
    I agree Newcastle will be ready for this and did perform against a strong Raider pack last weekend but the Knights are away from home...so they can't rely on the crowd for the ref's decisions.

I just have a bad feeling Newy will really pull something out of their rears. Just a really bad gut feeling. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Regards, T-J.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan John View Post
    I just have a bad feeling Newy will really pull something out of their rears. Just a really bad gut feeling. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Regards, T-J.
    I think Newcastle are gonna get smashed! A bit like the first half of the Titans Vs Raiders, but for 80 minutes. Just hope the weather is good.

who u rkn they going drop from the 6 man bench?
    kahlar prob a given, but the last one is to hard to pick, got to be amos or hilder, but who :S

Junior Titan

I am very confident for this one just on the theory of the Monday night curse.. Very few teams have won backing up from Monday night games so my tips tonight are Cowboys and Titans are specials.. I must say I have been wrong before.. HAHAHAHAH

Headed off now, looks like we might have some rain, gonna pack the raincoat!

See you down there or enjoy it on tele Titans fans!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

he drop amos n stosic
    left kahlar in...
    dont really understand the stosic drop
    amos yeh ok, we got campbell who can slot in at hooker, n hilder aswell
    but kahlar :S
    hasnt had 1 good game all year

Junior Titan

Great win boys, well done sideshow, first titan hat trick! pity bout laffranchi, any obvious replacement guys? Odwyer perhaps, but with the big warriors pack next week, i wouldnt mind someone with a bit of size. Lucky rodgers was at fullback in the end, i love presto, but gee, i think paterson might have gone over the top of him at the end. Hey guys, how bout we wrap the warriors up by half time next week, no heartattacks please