Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Songs

This is my favourite song at the moment (I posted it in video form because I think the video is great too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hcp-zDpg4

Well, being summer i've gotten into a lot of Dub such as The Black Seeds (Wellington 8 piece band) and Shapeshifter (also NZ band). Also Trip-rock (The Gathering, Massive attack) and some nice chillin music like Prince, Lacuna Coil, Sigur Ros and Faith No More..

a quick look at my ipod shows these songs...

The Gathering - Rollercoaster, Jelena, Saturnine
    Faith No More - Zombie Eaters
    A Perfect Circle - Three Libras
    Tool - No Quarter, Vicarious
    Lacuna Coil - Unspoken, Circle
    Prince - When Doves Cry
    Iron Maiden - Where Eagles Dare
    AFI - Days of the Phoenix
    Sigur Ros - Flugufrelsarinn
    Alexisonfire - This could be anywhere in the world
    Last edited by ryan_oss; 16-02-07 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aspher
    Mm...It would take me a while to compile my all time favourite songs, so here's my top ten in Winamp (It's only been collecting data for about two months so these are most most listened to over that period)

1. Death Cab For Cutie - Summer Skin (3:12)
    2. Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass (4:21)
    3. Sigur R?s - Untitled (6:33)
    4. Bright Eyes - Poison Oak (4:39)
    5. Pokett - Yours (3:55)
    6. Bloc Party - Blue Light (2:47)
    7. Burial - South London Boroughs (5:04)
    8. Tiesto - UR (Junkie XL Air Guitar Mix) (5:25)
    9. Neko Case & Her Boyfriends - Porchlight (3:35)
    10. Jos? Gonz?les - Heartbeats (2:40)
    especially that Sigur Ros song...Have you heard any of their latest album? I didn't know 4 guys from Iceland could make such breathtaking music!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_oss
    especially that Sigur Ros song...Have you heard any of their latest album? I didn't know 4 guys from Iceland could make such breathtaking music!
    Yep, I've got all their albums. Stunning band. I don't have a clue what they're saying, but the instrumentation and vocals are superb, understanding is not needed. Iceland is home to some of my favourite artists: M?m, Bj?rk, Emil?ana Torrini and S?lstafir.

Guys, This thread is a candidate for the milkbar.

What I would like to see posted in this thread is your favorite song, The artist and a comment as to why it is your favorite song. Its not good enough to just post a song and artist. As I have done on page 1 of this thread, Tell us why you like it and what significance it has in your life.

Failure to do this may end up in posts deleted or the thread moved to the Milkbar.

All the best
    Dee13

Titan One Clubman

Better step in and save this thing!!

Graduation- Vitamin C (wtf happened to her- prehaps we need a where are they now thread).. Anyway the song just brings back emotions from finishing High School and College and makes you really think.. I know that hardly makes sense, but I'm a bloke and expressing emotions is difficult at the best of times..

Shine- Shannon Noll- Simply because this was the song that was overplayed with montages of the Socceroos win over Uruguay, twas a wondeful night and we finally showed the world what we were made of as it was our 'time to shine'

The Saints are Coming- Greenday/U2. Not so much my favourite song, but in terms of songs sent a political message, this was a good one. The way in which Katrina was handled was an embarrassment, planes can be sent to bomb another country within hours yet it took days for the goverment to help their own people...

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

'Breakdown' - Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II: I don't really know why but I just connected with the song in general when I 1st heard it. It's actually the song I'd like to have played at my funeral *thinks about how macabre/depressing that sounds in a Fav Song thread* :eek:

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

Tip taken Dee, i'll try and narrow it down to a few songs...

Faith No More - Just a Man
    For anyone who's heard that pitiful song "Epic" on the radio played constantly, then you wouldn't even think this is the same band. This song builds up to an amazing climax, with Mike Patton getting it on with some female gospel singers...I still can't believe this band is only remembered for that one song "Epic".

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
    This isn't just Iron Maiden's best song, it's also probably Hard Rock/Metal's finest hour (well 7 minutes anyway).

Jeff Buckley - So Real
    Man this guy can sing! The last chorus where he rips into the line "all that was so real" makes you wish he was still alive. My favourite Jeff Buckley song.

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
    There's just something about this song....It seems every time I listen to it, I just have to stop what i'm doing. My interpretation of it probably has part to do with it..

Thrice - Cold Cash and Colder Hearts
    This band delivers their message with a knockout blow. Lyrically this song is brilliant, and what's more I actually believe what they're saying.
    Last edited by ryan_oss; 18-02-07 at 10:16 PM.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

45. by Shinedown- really speaks to me about how confusing hectic and uncompromisign life can get.

oh and A Perfect Circle - Orestes one of the most ethereal songs ive ever heard

Titan First Grade Regular

Anything by The White Stripes!

THE BEST BAND EVER TO WALK THE EARTH!!
    jack white is god.
    [

Now isn't this a much better thread. It now has depth and meaning. We have an insight into the lives of others now.

My favorite song is Wanted, Dead or alive - Bon Jovi. I recall an interview with Jon years ago. He said "If my kids ever ask me what I had achieved in life, I would play them this song." Those words stuck in my mind. It got me thinking about what I have achieved in life and What I would say to my kids if they asked me that same question.

The film clip to this song follows Jon and the band on tour. It potrays a guy that put his heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into the first love of his life, music.

I can listen to it over and over and over and never tire of it. Each time hearing something new. Its a song that will never age.

Titan First Grade Regular

I like, Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day - its soo good.

also - We Are Amphibious by Children Collide (most of you wouldnt of heard of them, but they're awesome!)
    [

Sorry guys, You have been informed of the guidlines I require in this thread. You were told that posts would be deleted if the requirements were not met, or the thread will go to the milkbar.

Refer to post #35 by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    I like, Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day - its soo good.

also - We Are Amphibious by Children Collide (most of you wouldnt of heard of them, but they're awesome!)
    You were very lucky with this one but "Its soo good" will not be accepted in the future