Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Titans Sign Donnelly!

Titans sign Storm forward Donnelly

June 06, 2007
    GOLD Coast Titans have signed Melbourne forward Ian Donnelly in a mid-season transfer to help solve the NRL club's front-row crisis.
    The 26-year-old Donnelly will fill a hole left by season-ending injuries to Titans props Michael Henderson and Brad Meyers.
    Donnelly will join Titans immediately and he's also contracted to the club for the 2008 season.
    AAP

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Junior Titan

Now HE is a front rower!!!! 6'1" and 110kg. Have not seen alot of him to be honest but anyone with that size can only be a welcome addition to the squad especially under the current circumstances.

Excellent buy, I agree anyone that size should do well, hopefully we can now get Carlaw from the brocos and we would have a very good forward pack.

Donnelly does if for the Jetstar Titans!!

Powerhouse Melbourne Front Rower Ian Donnelly has signed a two year contract with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans effective immediately.

At 185cm and 110kgs, Donnelly is a powerful, disciplined Prop with a huge appetite for doing the hard yards.

An instrumental member of the Melbourne Storms successful forward pack last season, Ian will commence training with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans tomorrow morning and will be available to play in the side's next match against West Tigers.

For Coach John Cartwright, Donnelly's arrival can't come quick enough following season ending injuries to Michael Henderson and Brad Myers.

Cartwright said. "We had actually looked at the possibility of signing Ian during the early stages of assembling our team because we recognised that his size and strength would be a huge asset to the side, so to get him at this stage of the season and know that he is also on the books for 2008 is a real bonus."

"Ian was an important player during Melbourne's charge towards the grand final last year, he has played very well for them so far this season, and I am confident he will slot straight into our system and provide Luke Bailey with some much needed assistance up front."

For Ian the move to the Gold Coast is the home coming he has been waiting for.

Donnelly said "I am a North Coast boy from Ballina, so this is a dream come true for me to come up and play Rugby League with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans right in my families' back yard."

"The Titans look to be a very ambitious club, they have already established a first class roster and I can't wait to get there and make a contribution."

Ian Donnelly Profile:

D.O.B 28/01/1981

Position Front Row

Height 185cm

Weight 110kgs

NRL Debut 2003

Previous NRL Clubs St George, Manly, Melbourne.

Ian has played 61 NRL matches scoring two tries.

Ian was a member of the St George 2001 first division Premiership winning team.

Wow this came out of the blue! Ian Donnelly will be a great addition to the team. He will help soothe our front row crisis which threatens to derails our finals dream.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wow what a suprise. Ian will be a great addition to our team that is suffering a front row crisis that threatens to derail our dream of making the finals.

Great to see someone who grew up in our catchment area joining the club as well!

He is from your way Dakink!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

A much needed mid season pick up. Surprised the Storm were willing to let him go mid season though due to their own injury problems in the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    A much needed mid season pick up. Surprised the Storm were willing to let him go mid season though due to their own injury problems in the pack.
    Yea I thought the same thing. After they lost Kaufusi.

Great signing by the Coast. I've been a fan of the work Donnelly does since his days at Manly. Will be very useful and when Stosic is at full fitness gives us Bailey, Stosic and Donnelly. A more than usefyl frontrow.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_Weno View Post
    Great signing by the Coast. I've been a fan of the work Donnelly does since his days at Manly. Will be very useful and when Stosic is at full fitness gives us Bailey, Stosic and Donnelly. A more than usefyl frontrow.
    Absolutely. Add to that Cannings next year and a hopefully fully fit Hodgson, Myers and Henderson and we have some serious options. Will also give everyone on the forums favourite player a chance to have a crack in the back row where he belongs!!!!!

havnt seen him b4 but jeez looks like a good signing!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea I thought the same thing. After they lost Kaufusi.

Plus they released Matthew Bartlett last week & he's lining up for the Cowboys on Saturday.

They must have plenty of backup forwards if they can have Kaufusi out and still release 2 players mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow what a suprise. Ian will be a great addition to our team that is suffering a front row crisis that threatens to derail our dream of making the finals.

Great to see someone who grew up in our catchment area joining the club as well!

He is from your way Dakink!
    Damn straight he is!!

I would put some more money on a few more players coming from down this way. The Ballina club especially has an excellent junior program - as do MArist Brothers (Lismore). Both have a history of finishing high in the 18's.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_in...-0-0&sID=26179 The Ballina Club.

The first grade team have a young no 6 in Ben Crawford who for mine is one to watch.
    Last edited by Dakink; 06-06-07 at 03:54 PM.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

man melb have so many good players dieing to get on the 1st grade team
    they can offord this n still have depth

he was named on the bench for the sotmr this week, guessing he wont be playing?

Junior Titan

Probably released him and Bartlett to make Salary cap space for Newton.

I don't know how we can afford to buy 2 players mid-season though. Surely we must be over the salary cap.
    Banora Point Titan

we did release 3 players b4 the season started