Default Round 12: Penrith Panthers vs Manly Sea Eagles

Penrith Panthers vs Manly Sea Eagles
    CUA Stadium Penrith, Friday 1 June; 7:30PM

Referee: Steve Clark

Team Notes:

Panthers

- Geoff Daniella goes from the bench to the wing to replace Nick Youngquest who moves back to a 19 man bench.

- Frank Puletua goes from the bench to prop to replace Brendan Worth who moves back to a 19 man bench.

Sea Eagles

- George Rose's season ending injury has forced a reshuffle to the bench with Cuthbertson, Ballin and Finefeuiaki all called up to a 19 man bench (2 to be omitted).

1. Rhys Wesser
    2. Michael Gordon
    3. Michael Jennings
    4. Luke Lewis
    5. Geoff Daniela
    6. Peter Wallace
    7. Craig Gower (c)
    8. Joel Clinton
    9. Luke Priddis
    10. Frank Puletua
    11. Frank Pritchard
    12. Tony Puletua
    13. Nathan Smith
    Interchange:

14. Brendan Worth
    15. Junior Moors
    16. Tim Grant
    17. Paul Aiton
    18. Nick Youngquest
    19. Maurice Blair

1. Brett Stewart
    2. Michael Robertson
    3. Steve Bell
    4. Steve Matai
    5. Chris Hicks
    6. Jamie Lyon
    7. Matt Orford (c)
    8. Jason King
    9. Michael Monaghan
    10. Brent Kite
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Glenn Stewart
    13. Luke Williamson
    Interchange:
    14. Travis Burns
    15. Glenn Hall
    16. Mark Bryant
    17. Adam Cuthbertson
    18. Matt Ballin
    19. Sione Finefeuiaki

Apparently Burns has pulled out late, with suspected pneumonia but there are fears it could also be meninga****al (Spelling).

We have the Broncos/Dragons up here so we can't really hear what's going on but apparently Ch 9 commentators are discussing it.

Let's hope Travis is ok!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Should have gone with my gut feeling here! NEVER trust the Sea Eagles! Useless pack of .....

Once again Orford goes MIA when he needs to stand up and get his team home. And Jamie Lyon continues to be fat and useless. Glenn and Brett Stewart, Michael Monaghan and Anthony Watmough are the only blokes consistently earning their money. Possibly Brent Kite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Gordon didn't play, hopefully he's not injured too badly.

Good win from the Panthers, they showed what they're capable of, although was a bit worrying towards the end.

Good work holding out Manly despite the lopsided penalty count.
    Far too many stupid penalties, relieving the pressure they'd put on through some good play.

But i'll take a win however it comes!

Titans win on sunday, and i'm a happy boy!

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Should have gone with my gut feeling here! NEVER trust the Sea Eagles! Useless pack of .....

Once again Orford goes MIA when he needs to stand up and get his team home. And Jamie Lyon continues to be fat and useless. Glenn and Brett Stewart, Michael Monaghan and Anthony Watmough are the only blokes consistently earning their money. Possibly Brent Kite.
    That's a tough call CS, we are still at the top of the table. But i agree that Orford should have played better than he did, we also missed George Rose, but i have one scathing complaint and that is towards Brent Kite, why does a 6 foot 4 plus 110 kilo player always props at the line of defense, i am sick of him just stopping at the line of defence, if i was as big as him i would hit the line as hard as i could, and i can guarantee that i would break the line more than he does, which is almost never.

Regards

Cliffy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post
    That's a tough call CS, we are still at the top of the table. But i agree that Orford should have played better than he did, we also missed George Rose, but i have one scathing complaint and that is towards Brent Kite, why does a 6 foot 4 plus 110 kilo player always props at the line of defense, i am sick of him just stopping at the line of defence, if i was as big as him i would hit the line as hard as i could, and i can guarantee that i would break the line more than he does, which is almost never.

Regards

Cliffy
    Kite and Thorn seem to have the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post

Regards

Cliffy
    George Rose was a massive loss. Your right about Kite, very disappointing.

Maybe it was a little tough, but I just mean if everyone put in like the blokes I mentioned as consistently as they do, there would be no stopping your lot. Hasler has to realise Lyon is a centre, not a ball player, too. You need Burns back ASAP, can't believe they're putting their eggs in Orford and Lyon's basket, not making Monaghan and Burns priority signings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo