Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan One Clubman

From Todays Canberra Times...

---------------------------------------------
    Give me Canberra any day

02 Jun, 2007

We head to the Gold Coast this weekend to take on the Titans for the first time since they come into the competition, and will be interesting to see how we acclimatize to the warm conditions at Carrara Stadium.

It's the first time we play the new boys in the NRL and a great chance to see how we continue to build our season, and hopefully we can come back with a win and move our way even further up the competition ladder.

Seeing as there is always talk about how players don't want to come to Canberra and how the Gold Coast is a more attractive option for a potential home, I though it would be a good idea this week to point out a few reasons why Canberra is a better place to live than the Gold Coast.

Giralang.
    Forget Southport or Surfer’s Paradise, this is the place you want to spend your R & R time. It’s close to all the action in the Belconnen region, and just a short walk from the Canberra Bocce club.

Lake Ginninderra.
    Why waste your time getting sand in your Reg Grundies and saltwater in your eyes at the beach, when you can spend a sunny afternoon down by Lake G. Sure there may be a chance of a severe infection or brushing up against a trolley, but at least your skin comes out with that lovely green tinge. Also close to the Lighthouse.

The climate.
    The colder the better I say, and if you can’t handle than maybe you should take up an indoor sport like badminton. Rugby League is the working mans game that is played in winter, so if you can’t turn up each week and play like you’re in the middle of Antarctica than maybe you shouldn’t turn up at all.

Entertainment.
    Why waste your time and money paying admission to watch Big Brother at Dream world when you can get some even better entertainment right here in Canberra on almost every street corner. I would rather pay my $2 and listen to the boys on the bongos, or get the joke of the day from the guy with the really bad beard, than listen to Gretel Kileen ramble on for two hours.

Parliament house.
    Before you all blow up and ask why you would say Parliament House is an attraction for Canberra let me explain. As I just mentioned, why watch Big Brother when there is a much better bunch of housemates in Canberra on top of the hill. Don’t forget to watch next year’s series to see if Johnny gets evicted.

Canberra Stadium.
    Lets Be honest our home ground is one of the best, and probably the reason why the Gold Coast is packing up and building a better home ground for next season. There is no better feeling than running out and seeing the Raiders home crowd, at a world class venue with world class people cheering you on.

As you can see the positives far out weight the negatives in this debate, so back up your surfboards and wetsuits and bring out the ski jackets and beanies, because Canberra is the place I want to be

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail...hp?news_id=261
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    One of the funniest things I've read in a while
    Last edited by Social Loafer; 02-06-07 at 12:15 PM.

Ha ha, good read. Amusing is all the credit I'll give it though.
    He forgot to mention the supermodel quality of women wearing 2-piece bikinis populating the beaches on the coast in comparison to the Lake Ginninderra swamp monsters. That on it's own is why the Gold Coast is a world wide tourist favourite and alot of foreigners don't know where Canberra is and still think Sydney is Australia's Capital......

Great tip for the Southern Legion's visit to Canberra in July

Default Damm Fog

Missed the game yesturday, got fogged in at Newcastle. JetStar did everything except get rid of the fog, gave refunds even.
    Nothing will stop me getting to the Tigers game.......I hope.

See you there.
    Simon
    Southern Legion
    (Newcastle)