Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by J-Storm View Post
    As a Storm fan, I'm not sure how to take that comment. I need to go away & think about it...
    Newton asks for a release and in a nano second he is signed by the storm.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out this most likely was pre arranged with Newton considering the Turner incident.

Having said that if the Knights or Titans are not the other team the storm are doing battle with I support the Storm.

I just don't like the way 'management' go about things.

Helen

QLD Cup Titan

Not surpisingly Smith is creating havoc in Newcastle,with 10 players told they're not wanted he now has to attract players that will be better than the ones that are going.Easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out this most likely was pre arranged with Newton considering the Turner incident.

Having said that if the Knights or Titans are not the other team the storm are doing battle with I support the Storm.

Helen
    You dont think Newton had much to do with it himself?

Either he or his manager started shopping around I bet when he decided that there was no future in supporting his team mates through a tough year. For mine he packed his bags and ran just when the rest of his TEAM needed him the most.

Good luck to Melbourne, I would have at least expected him to see his contract out.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

I hear the storm put a gun to newtons head and forced him to come to the club. Apprently its been in the works for like 3 years now...the storm were just waiting for the right time. :woot:

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post

Helen
    In recent days the Storm have released Bartlett & Donnelly mid season so Storm management has been pretty flexible.So if Newton wants to leave Newcastle whats the difference.I could hardly blame him for wanting to get away from Brian Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink View Post
    You dont think Newton had much to do with it himself?

Either he or his manager started shopping around I bet when he decided that there was no future in supporting his team mates through a tough year. For mine he packed his bags and ran just when the rest of his TEAM needed him the most.

Good luck to Melbourne, I would have at least expected him to see his contract out.
    As I said
    was pre arranged with Newton
    Newton is not liked right now in Newcastle. The initial press by Newton Snr and Jnr made it appear that Newcastle sacked Newton Jnr.

The supporters later found out that was not the case. The truth was the decision to abandon the Knights was Newtons.

Bottom line is supporters would have accepted Clint's leaving. Even now when the Knights needed him if he had not done the pity trip and tried to place blame on the club.

I was a bit harsh where Melbourne were concerned. It really, really annoyed me the way they went about the Steve Turner incident.

Helen