Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Knights: Newton released, signed by Storm

Has the weekends game finally been the straw that broke the camels back. For better or worse Mr.Smith has a habit of players doing this.

Newton calls press conference

May 28, 2007

NEWCASTLE forward Clint Newton has called a media conference at his home this afternoon amid speculation he may seek a release from his NRL contract with the Knights.

Newton, who played his 100th first grade game in yesterday's 71-6 loss against Brisbane, is due to come off contract at the end of this year.

A Newcastle spokesman said the Knights had not been officially notified of Newton's intentions.

In an interview with FOX SPORTS after yesterday's thrashing, Newton made a point of thanking those who had supported him throughout his 100 games.

Formerly a second rower, Newton has been pushed up into the front row by new Knights coach Brian Smith this season.

He represented Country Origin from the bench in the clash with City earlier this month.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Default Clint Newton up for grabs

Here is a decent forward,

Newton calls press conference

May 28, 2007

NEWCASTLE forward Clint Newton has called a media conference at his home this afternoon amid speculation he may seek a release from his NRL contract with the Knights.

Newton, who played his 100th first grade game in yesterday's 71-6 loss against Brisbane, is due to come off contract at the end of this year.

A Newcastle spokesman said the Knights had not been officially notified of Newton's intentions.

In an interview with FOX SPORTS after yesterday's thrashing, Newton made a point of thanking those who had supported him throughout his 100 games.

Formerly a second rower, Newton has been pushed up into the front row by new Knights coach Brian Smith this season.

He represented Country Origin from the bench in the clash with City earlier this month.

AAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Threads merged - within as minute of each other!!

Great minds think alike and all that.

**OFFICIAL NEWS- CLINT NEWTON HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM NEWCASTLE**

A decent forward that a number of clubs would want, I would love to see him at the Bulldogs as he could provide us with nice depth, or at the Titans as the extra prop, we could mould him into that position...

Sadly though, it seems England is where he is headed, and Harlequins FC.

From:http://batemansbay.yourguide.com.au/...ry=Sport&m=&y=
    28 May 2007 - 5:00PM
    Knights release Clint Newton

Newcastle forward Clint Newton has been granted an immediate release from the NRL club and is considering an offer from English Super League club Harlequins.

Newton dropped the bombshell announcement at a press conference at his home, saying he had been told by Knights coach Brian Smith he was not required at the club next season.

Newton played his 100th first grade game for the club in Sunday's record 71-6 loss to Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

The 25-year-old was off contract at the club after the season and spoke to Smith after receiving an approach from Harlequins.

In an interview with Fox Sports after Sunday's thrashing, Newton made a point of thanking those who had supported him throughout his 100 games.

Formerly a second-rower, Newton has been pushed up into the front-row by Smith this season.

Brought to you by AAP

AAP

? AAP 2007

Titan One Clubman

The Brian Smith Legacy continues

Great pick up for Quins - always showed 100% - Newcastle has plenty of others that should have been shown the door other than him.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty View Post
    Sure does,he is creating one fine mess in Newcastle.

Oh Smithy...you've done it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty View Post
    Yea, I thought something like this might brew.

I'm not a fan of his at all and I believe his personality would be poison particularly within the Knights who have a very rich club culture and team comradre. I also thought him and Johns would cross swords but with Johns' retirement that didn't occur.

I hear he has been signed by the STORM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Storm signs Newton until the end of season

Melbourne Storm has acted quickly to sign recently released Newcastle Knights backrower Clint Newton until the end of the 2007 NRL season.

With Antonio Kaufusi and Michael Crocker on the long term injury list, Newton will provide some added firepower to the Storm's depleted forward stocks.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That was quick by the Storm, I always thought London was calling Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Storm signs Newton until the end of season

Melbourne Storm has acted quickly to sign recently released Newcastle Knights backrower Clint Newton until the end of the 2007 NRL season.
    Snipped

acted quickly
    Sure they did. Melbourne Storms recent track record of behind the scene deals speaks for its self imo

Helen

Junior Titan

Thaiday's the man GC should be looking at...very explosive fullback and a Queenslander at that too!!!

Great stroke of luck for Newton??????

Really, you play 100 games for a club and then a new coach arrives and starts changing everything down to the fabric on the foyer sofas.

After all your loyalty you get told by this new coach, you are not part of the future plans for the club and you won't be needed next year.

Big mistake by Newcastle, a club that was once about loyalty and tradition.

Next time Storm plays Newcastle, (hope they have a game this year) I can see a really big game from Newton and a great deal of consolation coming from a 30point stomping of Newcastle.

He might even get himself a Premiership Ring for his troubles.

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Sure they did. Melbourne Storms recent track record of behind the scene deals speaks for its self imo
    As a Storm fan, I'm not sure how to take that comment. I need to go away & think about it...

As for the signing itself, meh, I'm not overjoyed to the max nor would I have been overly disappointed had I known we were going after him & missed out. Either way I hope it works out well for us & Newton as well, no matter how the season ends...

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose