Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

1. Minichelo
    2. Hayne
    3. King
    4. Collis
    5. El Masri
    6. Monoghan
    7. Mullen
    8. O'Meley
    9. Farah
    10. White
    11. Mason
    12. Hoffman
    13. Gallen

14. Wing
    15. Anasta
    16. Ryan
    17. Watmough

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

Titan First Grade Regular

1. Mini
    2. El Masri
    3. Adrian Purtell (Come on, hes ready!)
    4. Timana Tahu
    5. Jarryd Hayne
    6. Michael Monoghan (thats right, i said it)
    7. Jarrod Mullen (he needs a real 5/8 to play with...)
    8. Brent Kite
    9. Danny Buderus
    10. Willie Mason
    11. Nathan Hindmarsh
    12. Ryan Hoffman
    13. Andrew Ryan

14. Luke Bailey
    15. Brett White
    16. Bird
    17. Robbie Farah (hes the leader on Dally M points)
    [

1. Anthony Minichiello (speed, experience, try scorng, good in first game)
    2. Matt King (strong, tall - good under high ball, experience, has to improve)
    3. Matt Cooper (experience)
    4. Brett Delaney (under-rated at times, can be forward, great ball carrier)
    5. Jarryd Hayne (skill, youth, try scoring)
    6. Lyon (GK) (good pair with Orford, experience, strength)
    7. Orford/Mullen (experience, zip around rucks, good kick, GK) / (youth, skills, kick)
    8. Luke Bailey (experience, playing good for Titans, aggression)
    9. Danny Buderus (C) (experience, great playmaker)
    10. Brent Kite (80 minute player, strong for his size, firing for Manly)
    11. Willie Mason (aggression, size, experience)
    12. Nathan Hindmarsh (experience but needs to fire)
    13. Anthony Laffranchi/Reni Maitua (both have been playing well fo their clubs and both have great speed and power)
    Interchange
    14. Anthony Watmough (fantastic, firing for Manly, speed, aggression, played origin before, try scoring)
    15. Jason Ryles/Mark O'Meley (both have experience, aggression and strength)
    16. Greg Bird (firing for Sharks, skills, deserves his spot)
    17. Robbie Farah (playmaker, kicking game, skill and youth)

Notes: I think that Luke Bailey will play better if he's in the starting line-up. He will be more fired up. Watmough and Bird in for Ryan and Tupou. Farah in for Gidley. Ryles/O'Meley in for Simpson and still can't decide between them. Hindmarsh needs to lift. Same with King and Cooper. I think that Lyon and Orford will play good togther. Bailey replaces White. Delaney is in for Lyon who is five-eigth and replaces Anasta. Delaney is a very good ball-carier gaining much needed metres. Orford has a smart kicking game. Lyon will be goal-kicker and team-mate Orford will be a back up. I think that this is a good, fresh, young balanced team and provides much needed speed but aggression is kept and so is skill. Farah, Orford, Delaney, Laffranchi and if Maitua plays will be the debutants. Buderus should be captain.
    Last edited by Jezza; 28-05-07 at 08:40 PM.

Titan One Clubman

Withers for Utility, can slot into the halves and hooker. Plus he fights well above his weight and isn't afraid to put a hit on someone that is twice his size.. Will never let you down in defence.

:test:

I think Withers is an extremely good player but i dont hink he has a chance of getting picked for a while. There are a lot of other players more likely.

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    I think Withers is an extremely good player but i dont hink he has a chance of getting picked for a while. There are a lot of other players more likely.
    Yeah, your right.
    withers is to good for origin... he'll make everyone look bad.

maybe hes better suited to Australia Prime Minister, or Emperor Of Australia!

i like it!

WITHERS FOR EMPEROR! :test:
    [

QLD Cup Titan

Well the first person picked has gotta be the referee.. NSW would be mad not to go for Simpkins after his first game performance - he was their man of the match! But if they could entice Hollywood Bill the Copper back - then it doesn't matter whether NSW picks the Carringbah U7s' as their team they would still be favourite!

Cheats or incompetant it's one or the other!
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 30-05-07 at 07:42 PM.

Default Mullen in serious Origin II doubt

Source www.nrl.com.au

Mullen in serious Origin II doubt

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 8:11 PM

Newcastle halfback Jarrod Mullen will miss two to three weeks with a torn calf muscle, virtually ruling him out of Origin II for NSW at Telstra Stadium on June 13.

Knights officials on Wednesday confirmed the worst, with Mullen suffering a two centimetre tear in his troublesome right calf muscle and unable to play for at least two weeks.

"It's a two to three week injury we think," said Knights media manager Stephen Mount.

"We're not sure where it places him with Origin."

With the NSW team to be named on Tuesday, Mullen is walking a tightrope to retain his spot in the Blues squad.

Since his Origin debut at Suncorp Stadium last week, Mullen has only played in the record 71-6 drubbing from Brisbane and would be low on confidence after two losses from a pack of Queenslanders.

While selector Laurie Daley on Tuesday confirmed Mullen "doesn't have to play" on the weekend to be chosen for the Blues, NSW would be hesitant to gamble on the halfback's fitness and inability to train for most of the preparation.

Mullen, 20, however said he would not risk his ongoing fitness by trying to rush back for NSW.

He said he would not push himself to play against the Sydney Roosters at Gosford on Saturday night even if it cost him his sky blue jersey.

"I have heard a lot of rumours that they're not going to pick me if I don't play this week," Mullen told the Nine Network.

"I'm not feeling pressure to play this week. I don't want to do any more damage to it.

"I will do the right thing and pull out if I'm not right."

Daley said the calf injury was likely to be the only thing preventing Mullen from retaining his spot, as he had little doubt the young star could overcome the beating his confidence has taken over the past two games.

"He is not confident as ****y as such, but he has a real good head on his shoulders," said Daley.

"He is just a real good kid, he would be worried but in a good way.

"He wouldn't let it get to his head and still has the self belief in his ability.

"It is hard for a young guy. I remember my first Origin game we got smashed 36-6 and I thought `gee I don't belong here' but eventually you get over it.

"My second game was better and third game better again.

"If people around him are playing well then he plays well as well."

Mullen's injury opens the door for Manly halfback Matt Orford and Cronulla's Brett Kimmorley to sneak into the NSW side.

Kimmorley was overlooked in favour of Mullen for the opening Origin clash, but it is believed Orford has shot to contention with his match-winning field goal against Melbourne on Saturday night showing selectors he can perform in clutch situations.

Orford gets a final chance to press for selection against Craig Gower-led Penrith on Friday while Kimmorley has the ideal scenario facing Maroons' half Johnathan Thurston and North Queensland in front of NSW coach Graham Murray on Saturday night.

Source: AAP
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I'm a Queensland fan all the way, but would have loved to have seen Mullen play game two, he's had a game to get a feel for what origin is like and I'm sure he would show more of his talent in game two.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard View Post
    Well the first person picked has gotta be the referee.. NSW would be mad not to go for Simpkins after his first game performance - he was their man of the match! But if they could entice Hollywood Bill the Copper back - then it doesn't matter whether NSW picks the Carringbah U7s' as their team they would still be favourite!

Cheats or incompetant it's one or the other!
    Does anyone remember that Broncos V Easts preliminary final about 4 years ago- I hate the Broncos as much as the next man 'fair dinkum' but old Hollywood Bill cheated like I have never seen before to see the Roosters win !And even more importantly he was rewarded with the Grand Final for his efforts! PICK HIM NSW !!!!! PICK HIM!!!

Poor old Barry Gomersall - he only got canned because he never stopped the games for fights!

I worked with his Mum- Marge Gomersall (no BS!) for a short time , you could see where Barry got his hard but fair streak

Titan One Clubman

Does anyone remember that Broncos V Easts preliminary final about 4 years ago- I hate the Broncos as much as the next man 'fair dinkum' but old Hollywood Bill cheated like I have never seen before to see the Roosters win !And even more importantly he was rewarded with the Grand Final for his efforts! PICK HIM NSW !!!!! PICK HIM!!!
    Was that when Broncos had Langer back in their side?

With Mullen most likely out, bring in some boys from the shire. Specifically Kimmorley, Bird, and Gallen.

Poor old Barry Gomersall - he only got canned because he never stopped the games for fights!

I worked with his Mum- Marge Gomersall (no BS!) for a short time , you could see where Barry got his hard but fair streak
    I believe Brett Mullins intercept from an offside position got the match winning try for Roosters, and the Broncos couldn't buy a penalty in that game. But Roosters were deserved premiers that year anyway.

1. Anthony Minichello - best fullback in the game still
    2. Jarryd Hayne - don't sack him for one mistake
    3. Matt King - is a centre
    4. Matt Cooper - picks himself
    5. Hazem El Masri - when will they give him a go?
    6. Jarred Mullen - surely a better 5/8 then Anasta, deserves another go
    7. Matt Orford - the best halfback in NSW, deserves his chance
    13. Braith Anasta - is a lock, not a 5/8
    12. Nathan Hindmarsh - why was he off the field for half the first game?
    11. Andrew Ryan - played 2 80 minute games in 3 days - inspirational
    10. Willie Mason - get some mongrel up forward
    9. Danny Buderus (c) - still the bloke who can drag us out of this mess on the field
    8. Luke Bailey - best prop in NSW

14. Anthony Laffranchi - how much better does he have to play?
    15. Ryan Hoffman - should have been in game 1
    16. Brett White - deserves another go
    17. Robbie Farrah - is absolutely screaming to get picked

Lyon, Simpson, Toupou offer nothing, dump them, Gidley is a forced change. Gallen and Bird would be the two other players I would consider.

Jason
    Last edited by Steel Dragon; 31-05-07 at 11:03 AM.
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon
    4. Matt Cooper - picks himself
    I was wondering how he got a gig this year..
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo