Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

wonder if theres an 18th man travelling with the squad

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    i would have kicked a cpl of titans into qld cup and give a few young blokes a run from the feeder clubs.They might show a bit more passion than the handful that didnt bother switching on for the 80 mins last week,embarassing display from at least 3 players.tipping titans but if they dont turn up to play this week end im going to snub the next home game regardless of my family"s gold memberships at carrara.not happy jan.

My my. How fickle we can be. Sounds like somebody is a bandwagon supporter. More then happy to share in the spoils of victory but unable to accept that a new franchise may have an off week or two.

Hmmmm maybe thats how it came across,but as someone whos attended training sessions,every game at carrara,2 at suncorp and all the trials incl lismore,i think i am am more than aware of the potential and ability that this squad possesses.If you could have read carty"s comments last week in our local rag,he said it was the worst game of football hed ever witnessed.Bear in mind thats the coach, and most times they tend to find positives out of defeats.memberships arnt cheap and you expect them to switch on for the 2 hrs a week that theyre paid for.Also its just my opinion and i know what were capable of when we click so im still tipping top 8.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Josh lewis is travelling as 18th man due to a few injury concerns, including hilder, so i wouldn't be suprised if josh gets a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Josh lewis is travelling as 18th man due to a few injury concerns, including hilder, so i wouldn't be suprised if josh gets a run.
    I'd love to see that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Wow just realized Friend has the number 9 on his back, about time . Amos has been awesome, I'm just a big fan of Friend.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Omg

matt hilder is 5/8 this week

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Campbell View Post
    matt hilder is 5/8 this week
    Not necessarily. Carty has to name a team every Tuesday, but it can be changed before the game, which has happened on a number of occasions.

No Bailey I think the Titans will struggle for momentum and with Woolford back should help the Dragons get on a bit of a roll.

Dragons 1-12
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Coudn't agree more CS, i think our big pack will just tire the smaller titan pack out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Coudn't agree more CS, i think our big pack will just tire the smaller titan pack out.
    I got bad news champ, whenever I instill logic into my footy picks, as I've done this week, I usually get caught out big time. I do my best when 6:30 Friday rolls around and I'm rushed into shooting 'em out. Titans and anyone else I tipped against by a ton
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Source www.gcbulletin.com.au

Webster Jets off in fallout from defeat Pat McLeod

17May07

THE fallout from Sunday's loss to the Roosters descended on the Titans yesterday with Kiwi international Jake Webster axed for exciting youngster Smith Samau.

Samau, 21, will make his debut for the Gold Coast tomorrow night against St George Illawarra in Wollongong.

"Jake has been off his game for the last few weeks and it was just a case of Smith going well," explained Titans coach John Cartwright.

"These decisions are never easy. We don't have a lot of internationals and for Jake to be playing for the Ipswich Jets, well I would much rather him be playing well and to be playing for us.

"He just might need a bit of confidence.

"It has worked wonders for the players who have gone down to Q Cup. They have come back and played much better."

Webster's axing is a non-too-subtle warning to all Titans players following two losses on the trot, the last a woeful 24-18 performance against the Roosters, which left Cartwright seething.

"The message is the same to everyone in the squad, we need a bit more desperation," said Cartwright.

"Smith is only 21 years old and is having his first game for us and he will want to stay in the top grade.

"He will be desperate and I want desperate blokes out there."

Ironically Samau and Webster share a unit, but according to the rookie Samau, his elevation at the expense of his more experienced roomie won't cause a conflict on the home front.

"We are both sweet about it," said Samau. "Of course he is disappointed, but he is really happy for me."

Samoan-born Samau played for Brisbane Norths before making his sole NRL appearance, for the Melbourne Storm, last season.

He came back to Queensland and to the Titans in the wake of the Steve Turner contract fiasco, when Melbourne traded him to the Coast in order to keep Turner.

"I wanted to come here for the opportunity and now that I have it I want to hang on to it with both hands," said Samau.

Cartwright has a high opinion of Samau.

"Smith is a great kid," he said.

"He works very hard at training. The conditioning staff are over the moon with him. He is a delight to have around and deserves his chance."

Webster will be relegated to the Ipswich Jets, the same team Samau played for last weekend after being out for three weeks with a hamstring injury.

Although faced with a limited pool to select from in the Titans debut season, the fact that Cartwright has shed some blood after the Roosters loss surprised few.

He remains annoyed that in their rookie year, when wins are like rare gems, his team let a priceless two points slip through their fingers.

Most worrying for Cartwright is that the Dragons will be at home and desperate to prove to their fans they are not a lost cause for 2007.

Despite boasting quality players throughout their lineup, St George Illawarra sit second last on the competition ladder on six points, with two of those from a bye.

"They are a star-studded side and the danger signs are there," he said.

Junior Titan

Heading down for the game on Friday and can't wait to see Smith Samau play. Being a New South Welshmen I haven't seen him in action but if he is half as good as some of the posts on this forum have previously suggested then i should be in for a real treat!

Good to see Samau get a chance.
    Webster definitely seemed to lack urgency against the roosters, trotting back for the ball and being trapped in goal instead of running hard for it.

Will be interesting to see if Lewis gets a run, they may want him to train with the team another week before he gets a shot.

i called for at least 1 change a few posts back,good luck to smith on friday andheres hoping webster gets back in the groove in qld cup.