Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

i am not blaming hilder for the loss, i just cant understand that scotty prince isnt the go to guy for kicking, dont forget hilder has never played 5/8th before so i understand he is still finding his feet in the 6 jumper but how long does he need we are lacking a bit of spark i would love to see hilder with the 13 on his back

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    i am not blaming hilder for the loss, i just cant understand that scotty prince isnt the go to guy for kicking, dont forget hilder has never played 5/8th before so i understand he is still finding his feet in the 6 jumper but how long does he need we are lacking a bit of spark i would love to see hilder with the 13 on his back
    And Prince does do the majority of the kicking, but there are more options than just one kicker in a team, and this weekend's wasn't the first try off a Hilder kick. It takes some pressure off Prince and can cause some confusion in the defence who'll be watching to see what Prince does.

I think he'd be great at lock aswell, or off the bench. There's some big wraps on this Lewis kid, so i'd like to see him in the side.

got to agree with lewis gives the titans another option in attack and the kid has a great kicking game and is a master of the 40 20 but hilder has to be in the side somewhere so i think lock would be good

I think having Hilder involved with the kicking is only going to help in the long term.
    With Lewis at 6, Preston back in the side and Hilder at lock or the second row, there's three backs all capable of setting up something off a kick, and Hilder has shown he's handy with the boot too.
    Rogers and Walker I think aren't too shabby either. With all those options it will ultimately reduce pressure on Prince, and if the defence is coming down hard on him there'll be plenty of people to turn to, they won't be able to cover them all.

i wanna see rogers have a kick, he had a big boot in union, i know ball is easier to kick, but wouldnt be to shabby

Prince should be making the majority of kicks in general play so he can get control of the game. If he is pressured...you do need a back up kicker and it looks like Lewis will be playing 5/8 and he's apparantly got a big boot on him.
    Hilder showed he too can kick also.

but

If you want to add another demension to your teams kicking...spend a few weeks teaching your hooker how to punt the ball.
    It's a lot easier kicking a 40-20 from the advantage line and these days the markers hover backwards unless it's the 5th tackle.