Default Round 10: Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters

Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters
    Saturday 19th May, 7:30pm; Olympic Park

Referee: Gavin Badger

Team Notes:

Storm
    With five Storm players in the New South Wales and Queensland State-of-Origin squads, Bellamy has had to make several changes to the his squad.

Will Chambers has been named to make his first-grade debut, taking the place of Matt King in the centre.

Anthony Quinn will also start in the centre with Matt Geyer moving to the five-eighth position vacated by Greg Inglis.

James Aubusson will come into the team at hooker in place of Queensland-bound Cam Smith; while Ben Cross has been named to start in the front-row with Brett White named to make his Origin debut for New South Wales.

Jeremy Smith returns from a fractured fibula at lock with Dallas Johnson joining the Maroons Origin squad.

Sika Manu and Scott Anderson have been named on the extended interchange bench and could also make their first-grade debuts.
    Roosters
    Aubusson steps into the no.6 jumper and will partner his former Australian schoolboy teammate Mitchell Pearce in the halves.

Roberts shifts back to fullback with the in-form John Williams making his first appearance in the top grade this season on the wing.

Harrison will start at lock with Sa, Plum and Nuuausala brought into the squad to make up a 5-man bench.
    Teams:

Storm
    1. Billy Slater
    2. Steve Turner
    3. Will Chambers
    4. Anthony Quinn
    5. Israel Folau
    6. Matt Geyer
    7. Cooper Cronk
    8. Antonio Kaufusi
    9. James Aubusson
    10. Ben Cross
    11. Michael Crocker
    12. Ryan Hoffman
    13. Jeremy Smith
    Interchange:
    14. Matt Bartlett,
    15. Jeff Lima,
    16. Ian Donnelly,
    17. Sika Manu,
    18. Scott Anderson,
    19. Garret Crossman,
    20. Sam Tagataese.
    Roosters
    1. Amos Roberts
    2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    3. Sam Perrett
    4. Joel Monaghan
    5. John Williams
    6. Mitchell Ausbusson
    7. Mitchell Pierce
    8. David Shillington
    9. Craig Wing
    10. Danny Nutley
    11. Shane Shackleton
    12. Craig Fitzgibbon
    13. Ashley Harrison
    Interchange:
    14. Mickey Paea
    15. Lopini Paea
    16. Nigel Plum
    17. Setaimata Sa
    18. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
    Last edited by Queenslander; 16-05-07 at 12:37 PM.

Hopefully the Storm by a thousand.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan First Grade Regular

are james and mitchell Aubusson, brothers?

It'll be interesting to see how the Roosters halves pairing go.
    [

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

yes, james is the eldest.

Mighty Storm to put the sword to the Roosters.

It'll be a good bit of pay back. Interested to see how the Storm go without their Origin stars, my guess no problem.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Is anyone else expecting Slater to have an absolute blinder? Just to remind the QLD selectors.

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RLfan View Post
    Is anyone else expecting Slater to have an absolute blinder? Just to remind the QLD selectors.
    Yep!!!

he and Matty will be, imo, the two best players this round.

and i hope Hunt has a less than average game for QLD....
    [

Storm could replace any player in their team rather well IMO, one of their strengths, but Cam Smith I dunno about. It'll be interesting to see how well Cronk can run 'em around the paddock without the QLD and Australian number 9.

Obviously the Chooks are pretty poor this year but slowly getting better if you ask me. They won't make the 8 but I don't think they'll get the spoon either (I'm still holding onto slight hopes of my Parra for spooners prediction) and this could be a big game for them to turn it around and get some confidence, so I'm sure it'll be a focus. Perfect time to nab the Storm at home.

However any player whose been half decent at Bondi this year is in Origin camp with the exception of Mitchell Pierce. I don't know whether I'll go an upset or not, but logic would say the Storm at home, depleted or not and with the possible return of their lucky charm Mick Crocker, the Storm should win. That backline is still massive, and as has been said Billy will should shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

26-2 to Melbourne. James Aubusson had a blinder filling in for Cam Smith. Billy did play great as did Folau, Lima and Cross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Damn I had Billy as 1st try scorer, not last. Oh well, feel sorry for that guy who put 11,000 on the Roosters and lost even with the handicap. QLD pick Slater for game 2.

Alson seems ARU is after Israel Folau.

Folau won't go to union, I think it has been proved that rugby league is the game for explosive talents.

How about Billy Slater's try at the end of the game, he just said I want a try and took it, similar to Scott Prince on Friday night.

Gee I'd love to see Slater in a Titans jersey, but I reckon now we are established in SEQLD we will get the opportunity to get the Cam Smiths, Billy Slaters, Folaus etc. Maybe that is why the Storm unfortunately pulled out of North Brisbane, there wasn't enough room in SEQLD for the Broncos, the Titans and the Storm.

Which I say is rubbish, the more rugby league teams putting resources into SEQLD the better for our game, but I'm glad the Titans are up ahead of the cue...a very attractive option for young players.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER