Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carrara Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I didn't read it. And apparently I started the thread
    There aren't any pictures
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

This is the problem with sport on the Gold Coast and why we have never had any team last ten years. It's either one sport or the other up here, everyone is so segregated. The moment anyone brings up AFL it's straight into the gutter talk with your "gAyFL", "fumbleball" etc. comments. Why can't residents of a city actually support all sports teams that represent them? I'm not asking you to attend the games, just be proud of your city's teams. But no, I am instantly branded an "AFL troll" because I want to support something else along with league. I have no doubt almost every one of you want to see the Gold Coast Suns fail and continue this cycle of teams perishing.

Look at all this BS you are all spouting:

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh look it's an AFL troll. The only thing that makes the Gold Coast Suns (A rejected GCNRL mocker) look good is GWS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Six years on, we're still around. Where will GCS be in 2017 is probably the more prominent question here..
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I suggest u stop reading rubbish & note we are a Rugby League Club & do not care what any AFL supporters have to say about our game as they usually have no idea what they are talking about.

Troll's will be Exterminated ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That was truly an interesting thread ... interesting in the fact that some fumbleball clown took the time to put it together.
    Both the Titans and the Suns can benefit heavily from the whole community embracing both teams. The teams themselves have come together at stages to co-promote so why can't the supports comprehend the concept? Call me what you will but you know deep down what I am saying makes sense. Ask your saviour David May if he sees the benefits of associating the two teams and I guarantee you he will say yes.

If anyone is wondering I attend every Titans home game and have done so for the last four years.

Banned

This is the problem with sport on the Gold Coast and why we have never had any team last ten years. It's either one sport or the other up here, everyone is so segregated. The moment anyone brings up AFL it's straight into the gutter talk with your "gAyFL", "fumbleball" etc. comments. Why can't residents of a city actually support all sports teams that represent them? I'm not asking you to attend the games, just be proud of your city's teams. But no, I am instantly branded an "AFL troll" because I want to support something else along with league. I have no doubt almost every one of you want to see the Gold Coast Suns fail and continue this cycle of teams perishing.

Look at all this BS you are all spouting:

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh look it's an AFL troll. The only thing that makes the Gold Coast Suns (A rejected GCNRL mocker) look good is GWS.
    Six years on, we're still around. Where will GCS be in 2017 is probably the more prominent question here..
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I suggest u stop reading rubbish & note we are a Rugby League Club & do not care what any AFL supporters have to say about our game as they usually have no idea what they are talking about.

Troll's will be Exterminated ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That was truly an interesting thread ... interesting in the fact that some fumbleball clown took the time to put it together.
    Both the Titans and the Suns can benefit heavily from the whole community embracing both teams. The teams themselves have come together at stages to co-promote so why can't the supports comprehend the concept? Call me what you will but you know deep down what I am saying makes sense. Ask your saviour David May if he sees the benefits of associating the two teams and I guarantee you he will say yes.

If anyone is wondering I attend every Titans home game and have done so for the last four years.

Excuse me, Champ. Care to point out the bull**** that I posted. It appears you failed to comprehend my question correctly.

Thing is, you're the square peg trying to fit into a round hole here. You are the odd on out with both AFL and NRL fans. The majority doesn't care for the other code. It's as simple as that.

If you want prove me wrong. Show some facts to how many Gold Coast Suns supporters have turned up to a Titans Home Game?

I personally used to support Gold Coast Blaze and Gold Coast United when they were around. I even tried with the Suns in their inaugural year. But I just don't appreciate the game enough. As someone mentioned to me years ago, it resembles a bunch of seagulls fighting over a hot chip, I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Toads; 09-03-13 at 10:35 AM.

Banned

Excuse me, Champ. Care to point out the bull**** that I posted. It appears you failed to comprehended my question correctly.

With bull**** remarks like what you mentioned. I do now believe you are indeed the troll here. Do me a favour 'n give yourself an uppercut..
    Your comment seemed to suggest that the Suns won't exist in 2017. Perhaps I read it wrong but when you preface a statement with "Six years on, we're still around" it's hard not to read the comment the way I did. Aside from your comment, the rest of them clearly show posters branding me a troll or abusing the sport of AFL in some way.

I know David May comes on this forum and I would really like to see him respond to my notion that the teams and their supporters should be working together. You may not want to listen to me but perhaps your CEO can enable you to see the point.

Did you give yourself that uppercut yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Your comment seemed to suggest that the Suns won't exist in 2017. Perhaps I read it wrong but when you preface a statement with "Six years on, we're still around" it's hard not to read the comment the way I did. Aside from your comment, the rest of them clearly show posters branding me a troll or abusing the sport of AFL in some way.

I know David May comes on this forum and I would really like to see him respond to my notion that the teams and their supporters should be working together. You may not want to listen to me but perhaps your CEO can enable you to see the point.
    If you weren't one of these hit 'n run posters. That logs out, trawls a thread until there's a reply, then logs back in to reply, then logs out again. You would've seen I edited my comment some 3 minutes before you posted.

I've been there and done that with the Suns. It's just not for me. I to was a proud Gold Coaster for 30 odd years as well that tried to support all of our National Codes.

But even if David wanted us NRL fans to unite with AFL fans. It's just not going to happen. You know why, I'll spell it out for you. It comes down to each individuals personal choice. No CEO in this country is going to change that.

On the flipside, does the Gold Coast Suns have a forum that we can put forward your very own questions that you're asking here? Let's try the very same experiment you're trying here, but with the Suns fans instead. Or don't they have a forum?

EDIT: ****in' Hell. 656 views to this thread. How many times have you hitting the refresh tab?
    Last edited by Toads; 09-03-13 at 11:23 AM.

You forgot to add Australian Fairy League and Victardmania into your very apt list of descriptions of that hybrid game. My comments in particular were about the totally inappropriate nature of your posting in this forum rather than an attack on your "other" passion ... I'll save that for another day but nice of you to pop in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Come off it CoastAFLTroll. Dont pull this carebear Coastal sport bullcrap when you come here on the attack from the get go. You are what you do. Hence you have been tagged a troll by all here.

And you are a troll. We are all very comfortable with how our sport and club is performing and we don't get any favours and slush fund pipe line from the NRL like the Suns do from the AFL.

If anyone here is disputing the viability of the Suns, it comes down to how will they cope when they have to compete on a level playing field in several years time.

I think the Suns should survive and hope they will for the sake of brand GOLD COAST. But I also think that you are a drop kick.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 09-03-13 at 11:56 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    So you're a member. What's your name and membership number?
    You'd be a twit not being a member and purchasing tickets to every home game for four years straight.

Here's mine..

Dale Watson
    Membership number: 12701

Out yourself.
    Last edited by Toads; 09-03-13 at 01:49 PM.