Default Shrek Signs With Roosters.

Shrek signs 4 year deal
    The Sydney Roosters have today signed Australian and NSW prop Mark O?Meley to a 4 year deal from 2008.
    O?Meley, 25, provides the Roosters with a tough and proven representative competitor until 2011.
    Sydney Roosters CEO, Brian Canavan, has said, ?It is a great relief to finally have Mark?s signature on the dotted line and now he can get on with the business to provide his best for the Bulldogs this season.
    It?s a great pleasure to welcome such an intense competitor who will provide a new dimension to our forward pack.?
    www.sydneyroosters.com.au

I really dislike the Roosters...

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan One Clubman

Can a clubs management be any more stupid?
    Clearly trying to buy 'star' players doesn't work. You need to develop your own, look at Melbourne...

A champion team and a team of champions are 2 very different things Mr. Politis...

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty View Post
    Clearly trying to buy 'star' players doesn't work. You need to develop your own, look at Melbourne...

A champion team and a team of champions are 2 very different things Mr. Politis...
    well said
    "Go the Titans"

I'm sad to see Shrek go... but not disappointed... he has served us well since he arrived and I know that there are plenty of forwards to replace him... and you can't keep them all.

I reckon it will take a lot more for the Roosters than just Shrek to get them out of the hole they are in... and if they believe he is the answer, they are badly mistaken, because like Myles, one player can't win a game for a team, there are only a select few who can do that, and Shrek is not one of them sadly.

He is a great player and will be a good asset to the Roosters, but I reckon they might have put their eggs in the one basket again and it will come back to put yolk on their faces... which I will happily be glad to see...

Junior Titan

when will they learn they cant throw big bucks at a selct few players and expect to get a team that is there for the club all they get is players there for the money

Titan First Grade Regular

100% agree.

Storm and Raiders have the best development programs in the comp. thats what clubs should be aiming for.
    [

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

OMG i didn't see this one coming, i musta missed this on annual rooster report, to buy star players that end up ruining their futures, wonder how myles is going.

Who are the Roosters going to develop...back packers?

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Who are the Roosters going to develop...back packers?
    Mate, in 5 years time the signing of kiwi back packers will be the new trend of the NRL, Roosters are just too far ahead of the times..

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    I'm sad to see Shrek go... but not disappointed... he has served us well since he arrived and I know that there are plenty of forwards to replace him... and you can't keep them all.

I reckon it will take a lot more for the Roosters than just Shrek to get them out of the hole they are in... and if they believe he is the answer, they are badly mistaken, because like Myles, one player can't win a game for a team, there are only a select few who can do that, and Shrek is not one of them sadly.

He is a great player and will be a good asset to the Roosters, but I reckon they might have put their eggs in the one basket again and it will come back to put yolk on their faces... which I will happily be glad to see...
    He signed with the devil!!!

Your post has nowhere near enough negative comments

He signed with the devil!!!

Your post has nowhere near enough negative comments

Schifty, he has offered his heart and his soul to the Bulldogs since 2001 and has been an integral part of our team and the successes we have had, I can't bag him when he has done that, even if he did sign with the devil.

I will say this though... Congrats to Shrek on the stellar career and I can't blame you for making an early retirement decision by going to the Roosters... you can just put your feet up and watch the future prospects role in....

It doesn't matter how badly he plays at the Roosters (don't worry, it will be bad), he has booked himself a spot in the NSW team for years to come.