View Poll Results: Who will win and by how much?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queensland (By 1-12 Points)

12 34.29%
  • Queensland (By 13+ Points)

14 40.00%
  • New South Wales (By 1-12 Points)

7 20.00%
  • New South Wales (By 13+ Points)

2 5.71%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default NSW: Todd Carney in Halves?

i thought id put it out there that Todd Carney has been one of the form halves in league playing with the Canberra Raiders. How come he did not get a look in at the 5/8th position (or even half as he's played a couple of games there -just like MULLEN)? I think Anasta is overrated and that Carney would be a much preferred option. I hope Anasta goes well on Wednesday to prove me wrong, but i am still of the belief that Carney is one of the most gifted, talented and form 5/8's in the league atm.

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Yes he did, which was a rather strange one, but heh, I'll take it, no one really lost out tonight and football won, a strange rarity in the game these days...

As you can see, Lyon got off because Grothe didn't answer the phone so they had no evidence against him besides video footage that was called by the ref inconclusive... lucky Jamie should thank Eric tomorrow... Eric just got him an origin spot..
    No.
    he got off becuase the charge was mis-worded as a lifting offense when he went in for the hearing.

and seeing as he didnt lift Mr Grothe, the Panel had no choice but to let My Lyon get off free
    [

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk View Post
    i thought id put it out there that Todd Carney has been one of the form halves in league playing with the Canberra Raiders. How come he did not get a look in at the 5/8th position (or even half as he's played a couple of games there -just like MULLEN)? I think Anasta is overrated and that Carney would be a much preferred option. I hope Anasta goes well on Wednesday to prove me wrong, but i am still of the belief that Carney is one of the most gifted, talented and form 5/8's in the league atm.
    i agree.

He and Mullen have also played together before in the Junior 'Roos team, it would of been a great halves-pairing imo.

also, Gidley should've been full-back
    [

Schifty will back this statement up I am sure If you play in Canberra, don't expect any representative positions, especially in the NSW team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Schifty will back this statement up I am sure If you play in Canberra, don't expect any representative positions, especially in the NSW team.
    Yeah... i know this.

but still.
    he should be there...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Yeah, imagine if NSW had of picked blokes like Ricky Stuart, Laurie Daley, Brad Clyde, Brett Mullins, Dave Furner... oh hold on..

I really don't think its a massive bias toward any team. Players miss out - simple as that. I think NSW gambled with 1 youngster in the halves, putting Carney along side Mullen could have gotten very ugly. Let these blokes grow into great club players before forcing them onto be great State reps before their 22nd birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior Titan

i agree that they should not have picked Mullen and Carney, i think they shoulda went with Carney and an experienced player. OR at least mentioned Carney's name somewhere in contention for the spot! -coz he deserves it!

Thats the problem though mate, NSW aren't as gifted for experienced and capable halves. Imagine if Prince and Cronk were blues, they'd walk into the team but struggle to get a look in at QLD.

Turns out my brother some how got tickets to this match.

So I might be going, if I decide to.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Turns out my brother some how got tickets to this match.

So I might be going, if I decide to.
    I'm sure that'll be a horrendous decision to make to...

Veteran Marksman Upstages Young Bucks

THE XXXX Queensland Maroons State of Origin team has been upstaged by manager Steve 'Boxhead' Walters at today's weapons firing exercise at Enoggera Army Barracks.

Walters, who played 14 games for the Maroons between 1990-96, scored a squad-high 106mm on the Weapons Training Simulation System (WTSS).

The figure of 106mm describes the average 'group' size of the participants' shots, taken after four lots of five-round bursts.

"Any figure below 200mm is considered an acceptable score for the activity," noted Warrant Officer Class Two Graham McBean.

"Steve's score of 106 is actually quite good. Any soldier would be happy with that.?

Prop Petero Civoniceva was the lowest scorer of the group, spraying wide for a group average of 384mm.

All players used Steyr rifles, the standard issue small arms of the Australian Defence Force.

www.qrl.com.au

Wow, go Steve!

We are really preparing our boys for war, no fooling with letting them training with automatic rifles!

I'd love to see a full print out of team scores.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow, go Steve!

We are really preparing our boys for war, no fooling with letting them training with automatic rifles!

I'd love to see a full print out of team scores.

I hear the target was Phil Gould..... (not really)

Lockyer has first run on injured ankle

Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 7:34 PM

Champion playmaker Darren Lockyer took his first steps towards playing Wednesday night's State of Origin opener, running on his injured ankle 24 hours ahead of schedule.

On a rough, dry football field at Brisbane's Enoggera Gallipoli Barracks, Queensland's No.1 player tested out his right ankle in a 20 minute solo session closely watched by team doctor Roy Saunders and physiotherapist Scott Thornton.

All eyes were on Lockyer who ran at half pace in straight lines, stopping mid-session to have his ankle strapped.

When he finished, his still deeply bruised and slightly swollen ankle was immediately wrapped in an ice bag.

All going well, Lockyer could train with the team on Friday although that step could be delayed until the weekend should the team's medical staff feel it's too risky.

Centre Justin Hodges trained with his troublesome knee heavily strapped but was confident it would be right in six days time.

It was a good 24 hours for Queensland with lock Dallas Johnson giving the camp a massive fillip Wednesday night when his grade two careless high tackle charge was down graded to enable him to play on Wednesday night.

When the news was relayed to the team, on their way to a dinner in Toowoomba following a fan day on Wednesday, players cheered and clapped in the bus.

"Dallas is such a big part of the side and to have him cleared to play is a big boost to the team," said teammate Jacob Lillyman.

"Talking to him yesterday he wasn't all that confident. He was definitely worried about it but everyone's happy with the result."

Almost 3,000 fans turned out at Toowoomba's Clive Berghofer Stadium to see the Queensland team and the players stayed back until 7pm to sign autographs.

The players' shirts were auctioned at a special dinner which raised close to $20,000 for South West Rugby League.

Surprisingly, Johnathan Thurston's shirt pulled the biggest bid of the night at $3,100, some $500 more than Lockyer's.

The players sharpened their sights on Thursday with some target practice at the army barracks using bullet-less assault rifles operated by laser sightings.

Team manager and former Queensland and Australian hooker Steve Walters proved the best shot.

His grouping would have easily qualified him for the infantry according to Warrant Officer, Graham McBean.

Prop Petero Civoniceva didn't fare quite so well and will have to save his best for the battlefield of Suncorp Stadium.

Fullback Karmichael Hunt will be in the Blues' sights on Wednesday night but the 20 year-old said he expected to be targeted defensively and by the NSW kickers.

"You expect it in NRL and it's going to be a tough enough challenge bringing the ball back in Origin," said Hunt, who has recovered from a minor knee injury.

Source: AAP

why wasnt rogers picked in the QLD side,,hes playing awsome,,i would love to see him come back to origin that would be so kool