Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

i reckon he did a piss poor job that guy last night.....
    he needs to be dropped to some type or reserves comp... not even qld cup deserves that tripe

di anyone have some piccies from the game

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by qld power View Post
    di anyone have some piccies from the game

Here's some from League HQ

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/photogall...390221750.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The worst bit of referreeing was when Prince was denyed a chance to ask a question because Mnichello gave a penalty away...what the f^ck is that?
    yep. equally up there with the Thurston knock on??? I still don't see the sense in that call. Bu very poor reffing to both teams. In the end it was evenly crap.

GO THE MAROONS!

Thumbs up

I really enjoyed the game. A few calls were a bit ify. But the Titans let themselves down with poor ball handling and penalities. The Cowboys forwards and Thurston made the difference. Like to get them in dry conditions next time and boy I think it will be some game. The potential is difinately there the titans improving all the time. Could of blown out to a big score but they once again held in there and bombed a few tries. Better luck next time.

I watched the game again last night and I counted 5 occasions when inept reffing cost the team opportunities to either put points on the board, or place the cowboys under pressure. this is versus only 2 occasions where the cowboys were denied by dodgy calls. 5 vs 2 does not even up a game. Titans fans also need to be more vocal at this stadium. the cowboys should have been intimidated at our home ground but that did not look the case to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Throb View Post
    I watched the game again last night and I counted 5 occasions when inept reffing cost the team opportunities to either put points on the board, or place the cowboys under pressure. this is versus only 2 occasions where the cowboys were denied by dodgy calls. 5 vs 2 does not even up a game.
    I've been waiting to watch the game on t.v. for this exact reason. It appeared to be like that at the ground as well, but you can't really tell sometimes until you watch it back on t.v.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I watched the game again last night and I counted 5 occasions when inept reffing cost the team opportunities to either put points on the board, or place the cowboys under pressure. this is versus only 2 occasions where the cowboys were denied by dodgy calls. 5 vs 2 does not even up a game. Titans fans also need to be more vocal at this stadium. the cowboys should have been intimidated at our home ground but that did not look the case to me...

Hard to be vocal when your so far from the action, you cant tell if it was a bad decision or not.

I dont want us gold Coasters like Parramatta fans, booing every time a desicion goes against us either. But i do agree we need to get more involved.

Just listen to the crowd when Mathers kick the ball into them, they went crazy, they want to get more involved, but we either need a strong supporters base to start them, or a ground announcer starting something other then a 10 second chant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Half the reason a home game is so advantagous is because the refs decisions are invluenced by the crowd.
    Supporters at the home games need to be bias and need to make a lot of sound against any play against the Titans.

I've seen the Newcastle crowd referree the game many times.

Junior Titan

[quote=Coaster;184582]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

I dont want us gold Coasters like Parramatta fans, booing every time a desicion goes against us either. But i do agree we need to get more involved.

Just listen to the crowd when Mathers kick the ball into them, they went crazy, they want to get more involved, but we either need a strong supporters base to start them, or a ground announcer starting something other then a 10 second chant.
    You reckon it's only Parramatta supporters that do this? You have to be kidding - every home crowd does it, including the Titans crowds - that was more than apparent on Monday night!

Cheers,

Parra Petty

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Minichello had a great chance to become a star when Webb put 1 on his chin he should have unloaded on the over rated meat head...
    What? A star in the intensive care ward?

Monday night's crowd were not the most parochial mob I have seen at a Titans match though. I thought there were a lot more "opposing" supporters than usual. This would no doubt be due to the Cowboys following here on the coast. The Cowboys were once the only QLD team to support for those who don't like the way the Broncos play, act etc...

The cowboys do play an open exciting style of Footy that can be good to watch - it is just that I cannot stand Thurston. He is nothing but a grub - esp off the field (maybe at Coffs harbour perhaps - most will know what i mean, and I have heard it from too many people in the know for it just to be rumour...)

I got off topic there for a bit... sorry about that.

What I meant to post was that it was great to hear the boos when he was lining up a kick though --- not that it helped

man word has it webster might be drop... like come on, he hasnt done anything wrong to be dropped, sure he isnt doing anyhtign special, but his solid

dam 10-0 down at half grr

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX