Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I love Minichello but please don't play him in the wet.

Two things can control a slippery game like that...The ref and Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Parra Petty View Post
    Hey all,

Just logging my report from the dry confines of the media box here at Carrara - what bloody atrocious conditions for a game of footy!!

Don't worry too much Titans fans - Carty is not too disapointed with the guys, instead preferring to praise the Cowboys for handling the conditions smarter than his boys.

I thought Mathers was solid given limited opportunities and weather conditions (he should be used to it!), and Prnce, Bailey and Laffranchi tried hard as always.

Rogers was the standout for mine - I cant beleive how much speed those dodgy knees have!!

Anyway, if anyone wants to read my report - than click on the link below -
    http://www.league.net.au/cowboys-pre...ns-in-the-wet/

Cheers,

Parra Petty

I agree with these comments 100%.

Lucky bugger keeping dey in the media area .

Mathers looked very solid at the back and was marching the troops into position well in defence. Roger, man what a game, give the man a Maroon jersey again .

No match for the Thurston and Bowen show, full credit to them, they had great games. I can't wait to see the game on t.v., because I thought the ref had a shocker. I don't think it would have altered the result, but the score line would have been a tad closer IMO.

Well done Cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I think Webster is in for a flogging next training run...poor read in defense letting in the first Bowen try.
    Carty said they trained against that play all week.

I didn't get to see the game, but looking at the stats it seems some dropped ball and penalties killed it for us. Three tries to two isn't so bad, the missed goal and 3 penalty goals for the Cowboys bumped up the margin.
    Always disappointing to lose, but it certainly wasn't a flogging.

I haven't heard it was a problem in this game, but, it has been in every wet game this year. The logo on the ball has to go.

Looks like Rogers had an awesome game too!

Normally the stats tell a different view then the one I see but the was a lot of balls dropped and there seems to be in every wet game.

We'll need to at least have a close look at this ball there using at present.

Rogers & Bowens game were both outstanding in very poor conditions the Refereeing was an absolute joke which should be looked closely at by the officials.

Minichello had a great chance to become a star when Webb put 1 on his chin he should have unloaded on the over rated meat head because the penalty had already be given & Webb threw the 1st punch, ah well theres always a chance we'll meet again in September.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I didn't get to see the game, but looking at the stats it seems some dropped ball and penalties killed it for us. Three tries to two isn't so bad, the missed goal and 3 penalty goals for the Cowboys bumped up the margin.
    Always disappointing to lose, but it certainly wasn't a flogging.

I haven't heard it was a problem in this game, but, it has been in every wet game this year. The logo on the ball has to go.

Looks like Rogers had an awesome game too!
    There was alot of dropped ball, not to much could be done anout that, but the penalty count shouldn't have been that high.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

The worst bit of referreeing was when Prince was denyed a chance to ask a question because Mnichello gave a penalty away...what the f^ck is that?

Titan One Clubman

What was with Prince slapping Thurston?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty View Post
    What was with Prince slapping Thurston?
    He was trying to explain to him he shouldnt make the rep side becuase he is Aboriginal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Thurston is a long haired git. He is like school on a saturday.... no class

For me to know and for you to find out...lol

I reckon Scotty was lucky not to be sent to the Sin Bin when he got double whammied.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The worst bit of referreeing was when Prince was denyed a chance to ask a question because Mnichello gave a penalty away...what the f^ck is that?
    Yeah, I agree. But Minichello should have kept his mouth shut and let the captain(s) do their job, it wasn't his place. I dunno what Minichello said, but the ref was pretty quick to march them 10. Prince should have slapped the ref aswell.......

referee was terrible he seemed he couldnt keep up, also scotty had a off night with the kicking in general play we kicked poorly, also i think the titans panicked a bit and took some wrong options early in there sets, it was good to see rogers at 5/8th late in the match

Angry

ref was confused all game