Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kick Off time people

Gooooo Titans

Sell out game of course

Wet surface....a little rain

3 min till kick off

Finally kick off titans with the ball.

Cowboys on the defence

stuff up by the cowgirls titans with the ball.

18 metres out

cowboys score..matty bowen scores

cowboys 4

titans 0

cowboys 6

titans 0

titans score

titans 4

cowboys 8

I missed the first 30min of the game, but it was a good game to watch. There were alot of handling errors, understandably, but the boys looked to be trying pretty hard. Good to see Rogers finally get abit more ball and he looked pretty good with it. His agility was pretty impressive especialy considering conditions, even noticed him outstep Bowen a couple of times.
    I thought Rogers might be more valuable in 5/8, at least while Preston is out to make up for abit in attack. Hilder doesn't seem to be doing much and without Preston there, Prince needs someone else more capable with the ball to back him up.

Lucky I didn't end up going, it pissed down rain!

I'm so happy about cowboys winning! Thurston and Bowen were outstanding! Bowen just can't do a thing wrong ATM!

Mat Rogers is back and firing! He had an awesome game! 2 tries and NEARLY 3!

Ref was really dodgy to both teams. Some pretty stupid calls. Good to see the obstruction rule changed but. Much better! There were probably about three occasions where last week it would have been pulled up. Defense wasn't effected, play on, all good.

I'm so happy about Cowboys winning that! Good game, in bad conditions!

GO THE MAROONS!

Junior Titan

Hey all,

Just logging my report from the dry confines of the media box here at Carrara - what bloody atrocious conditions for a game of footy!!

Don't worry too much Titans fans - Carty is not too disapointed with the guys, instead preferring to praise the Cowboys for handling the conditions smarter than his boys.

I thought Mathers was solid given limited opportunities and weather conditions (he should be used to it!), and Prnce, Bailey and Laffranchi tried hard as always.

Rogers was the standout for mine - I cant beleive how much speed those dodgy knees have!!

Anyway, if anyone wants to read my report - than click on the link below -
    http://www.league.net.au/cowboys-pre...ns-in-the-wet/

Cheers,

Parra Petty

Disappointing performance 2nite by the Titans. Matt Rogers was our best player by far with a couple tries and a couple of good runs. The rain didnt really help with both teams having lots of turnovers and Jonathan Thurston was by far best on ground. Here we come Roosters!!!

Good game... played in attrious conditions... but well done to the boys for not giving in even though they were outclassed tonight...

I thought Rogers had a fantastic game... he was back to his best and the signs are good for the future... I also thought Mathers was solid in his first game and will improve with time, which is exciting...

The difference tonight was Thurston and Bowen, who had a whale of a game out in the wet... they were at their scheming best and I guess it's a lesson for the Titans to always be on your game and always stay focused on what needs to be done... I thought tonight the boys clocked off a bit here and there and paid the ultimate price.

Full credit to them though for never giving in and for producing some stylish footy for the fans...

Overall, it was a good lesson in playing against the best, sad that we lost but not disappointed in the effort and the boys will be raring to go and hopefully can give the Roosters a football lesson at Aussie...

Finally, the less said about the ref the better... Cummins had an ordinary night in ordinary conditions and both sides were disadvantaged, but overall the game provided a nice spectacle for the crowd who braved the elements and who gave their all throughout the night...

That sort of form would earn Rogers a spot in the Origin side IMO. Keep it up mate, fantastic work. Hopefully you decide to make yourself available and get picked for Game 2 and 3 if you keep up the good form

Just got home from the game. Great win by the Cowboys with Thursty & Bowen having a fantastic game.

I thought that Rogers was close to best on the ground behind Thurston. He's an awesome talent and it's great to see him getting back to his best. I'd love to see him back in Origin, although I'm not sure if he's made himself available.

Well done to the crowd for sticking around until full time (most of them). We were lucky enough to be undercover. Everyone else got drenched.

Good win by the Cowboys,

Congrats!!

Ill discuse the Titans tommorow, but we can work with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.