Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Junior Titan

So what is the obstruction rule now? I?m going to the game on Monday night and I can see it being 6 all 5 to go on the clock and we score the ref goes to the 3rd ref no one will know what is going on. Need to know so I can boo

Junior Titan Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Great news Webb is back so early, but why this week LOL.

I would rather he didnt play, but hopefully he gets though the game ok.

So now that makes 3 Match ups

Thurston vs Prince
    Bowen vs Cambell
    Webb vs Bailey

This is going to be a dead set cracker.

Carn Titans
    Don't forget the almighty clash of scott minto and the titans... Minto will Pwn EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

Or maybe he'll just not

GO COWBOYS, TITANS, BUNNIES AND MAROONS!

With Campbell most likely out, I would expect Richie Mathers to make his NRL and Titans debut at fullback.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    With Campbell most likely out, I would expect Richie Mathers to make his NRL and Titans debut at fullback.
    It's great for Richie, but sad that the Titans lose one oftheir best players in the process. Hopefully there will be a day not too far away where both will be playing off each other, which would be great to watch.
    Banora Point Titan

rkn lafannci will play? or we will we see cooper in?

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200705/s1914647.htm

Campbell faces lengthy spell on sideline

Gold Coast Titans star Preston Campbell will miss up to six weeks after injuring his knee in last night's City-Country Origin game in Coffs Harbour.

A Titans spokesman said Campbell tore the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) in his knee late in the game.

The injury will not require surgery but the foundation signing is expected to be out for four to six weeks.

Meanwhile, English recruit Richie Mathers will make his NRL debut at full-back for the Titans to replace Campbell against the Cowboys on Monday night.

Good Luck Richie I am sure you will fill the spot. This will test the sides versatility. Go Titans, Best wishes to Preston & Anthony you'll be back on board soon.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I reckon Laffranchi will play, hes a tough cookie and the swelling should be down by monday.

Just depend how bad the break is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    I reckon Laffranchi will play, hes a tough cookie and the swelling should be down by monday.

Just depend how bad the break is.
    Laffranchi will be there
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Titans First Grader

Looking forward to seeing Richie play, a bit of a tough game to start out with for him. I hope people give him time to get up to speed with the NRL.

good to see mathers get a go he s a class player, bad luck on preston half

is laffranchi out

Richie's ready to roll filling in for Preston

Luke Turgeon

07May07

IN England Richie Mathers could not even do the grocery shopping without being swamped by adoring fans.

Now on the Gold Coast, the former Leeds Super League star is known simply as `that bloke' who is going to fill in for Preston Campbell at the Titans.

But if things go to plan, that is all about to change when he makes his National Rugby League debut against North Queensland at Carrara tonight.

"This is the chance I have been waiting for," said 23-year-old Mathers.

"It is the reason I came out here, it was a massive decision to leave family and friends and a contract at Leeds that I could have stayed with.

"But the opportunity to come out and play and test myself in the best competition in the world it was just too good to resist."

Fullback Mathers was a key member of the Rhinos' 2004 premiership and 2005 World Club Challenge winning sides.

A born-and-bred Leeds lad, Mathers was a crowd favourite and had a similar profile in the game as Titans stars Scott Prince, Mat Rogers, Luke Bailey and Campbell enjoy on the Gold Coast.

The Titans have received nearly 60 letters and emails from Leeds supporters wishing Mathers the best of luck for his NRL debut.

"One of the main reasons why I came over here was because I have pretty much played in all of the big games back home and this (the NRL) is the last one to crack," said Mathers, who played two Tests for Great Britain in 2005.

"Obviously Preston is an icon amongst the fans already, so for me to step into his shoes adds a little bit of pressure but I am just going to go out there and play my own game.

"These occasions are not there to get bogged down in the pressure.

"They are something to relish and something to really step up and enjoy."

Campbell, who will miss the next six weeks with knee ligament damage, yesterday backed Mathers to fire in the NRL.

"He goes good," said Campbell.

"It actually fazed me for a while how he wasn't in the first grade squad in the first place.

"He is a skilful boy."

All eyes will be on Mathers, who has been playing with feeder club Burleigh in the Queensland Cup, to see how he performs opposite the form fullback of the competition in Cowboy Matt Bowen.

Titans coach John Cartwright warned fans not to expect too much or judge Mathers by Campbell's standards, saying they were two completely different players.

"Richie is not Preston and Preston is not Richie," said Cartwright.

"He has come a long way for this moment and as a coach it is one of the most pleasing things to do to hand a guy his jumper for his first game.

"It was good seeing the look in his eye when I told him he was playing.

"He is not going to be overwhelmed by the occasion.

"He has played in front of 80,000 at Wembley.

"He is just going to get out there and play his own game."

And co-captain Luke Bailey has recovered well from a virus and will take his place in the starting side, as will Mat Rogers, who has been struggling with the bulging disc in his neck.

Country representative Anthony Laffranchi and City representative Mark Minichiello will back up from Thursday night's NSW State of Origin selection trial in Coffs Harbour.

Cowboys enforcer Carl Webb has been passed fit and will make his return from a broken jaw.

Another capacity crowd is expected at Gold Coast Stadium for the clash.

"We just have to try and limit their opportunities," said Cartwright.

"But if we are turning the ball over and giving them cheap shots at us, they are going to belt us.

"It is just about getting our game on, being disciplined. We have thrived here so far and the boys are really looking forward to it."

gcbulletin

yeh mathers will need a few games to get settle in, not excepting wonders from him right away
    i rkn a few weeks in he find his feet n celement his spot forcing campbell to 5/8

Going to be a great game tonight...good luck boys

Also going to be in sydney this week...going to titans v roosters game.

Hard to pick who to follow that day both my teams but followed roosters longer but titans are really doing well.

Who do i choose?????