Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Congrats to the Titans on a fantastic win today. They're looking great to make the 8 this year.

For the first time this year, we'll be in the stands cheering against the Titans rather than for them next week, although we're tossing up on whether to bring our Titans flags, hats, masks, etc. in case the Cowboys aren't doing so well.

It's fantastic to have 2 great teams to follow.

Go The Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game, they just keep getting better. Everyone is gelling together as a team really quickly and seem to be reading each other really well. For the first time this year Laffranchi and Bailey didn't top all the forwards stats (yes they were both up there, as always) and not because they had bad games or anything like that, the whole team stepped up a notch and everyone did a great job, fantastic team effort all round.

One of my favourite parts of the game was the chip over the top by Prince to Campbell, leading to a Graham try.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

great win for the boys
    "Go the Titans"

Who got MOM?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingytek View Post
    Who got MOM?
    Preston Campbell
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Default Eels Struck Down With Virus

It may not have made any difference to the outcome but apparently the Eels had a virus go throught the team prior to Sundays game. 8 of the players required injections to allow them to play and Tim Smith was throwing up still during training which is why he couldn't continue playing the second half.
    Guess we'll have to wait till the re-match to see if it was a legitimate win, the Eels will have their pride to play for.
    So, own up now folks WHO POISONED THE EELS!!!

They must have been hanging out over in Panthers, they were all sick too, Gower in hospital before the game.
    Panthers said it was no excuse for their loss, so the eels can't clame that either.

Junior Titan

What an awesome effort from the MIGHTY TITANS. I seriously could not fault any Titan player on their individual performances. Each and every player performed brilliantly in their respective positions. I have been a huge critic of Hilder playing 5/8 but after watching this weekends performance i have changed my mind. Watching the way that Campbell slots in to 5/8 and with the likes of Prince and Friend showing their silky ballskills made me realise that maybe we don't need Hilder to play like a traditional 5/8. After all i have always believed that Cartwright has a better football brain than me, and i can now see his reasoning regarding Hilder playing 5/8. All i can say is bring on the Cowboys cause wer'e gonna smash them too.

Great to finally met Diehard, Steve and Dee13 at the game on Sunday. It was only brief but i'll get over for a longer chat Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by meter maid View Post
    It may not have made any difference to the outcome but apparently the Eels had a virus go throught the team prior to Sundays game. 8 of the players required injections to allow them to play and Tim Smith was throwing up still during training which is why he couldn't continue playing the second half.
    Guess we'll have to wait till the re-match to see if it was a legitimate win, the Eels will have their pride to play for.
    So, own up now folks WHO POISONED THE EELS!!!
    We smashed them in the trials also.

We have only played them twice this season and have racked up 60-22

I dont care if they had a virus, to me thats an excuse.
    Preperation is just as important part of a game as scoring tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Campbell looks devastating attacking from the back. Unfortunately, this means we may not see mathers in the side for a while. Hilder at 5-8 was better, though different option altogether would be to trial mathers in that position (Hilder->lock). Play presto at second receiver in attack, mathers can play the traditional 'roving' roll of the FB.

Cant see the above happening (if it is isnt broke, dont fix it?), but it seems a waste having a player of mathers calibre in the Qld cup

Quote Originally Posted by jake86 View Post
    Campbell looks devastating attacking from the back. Unfortunately, this means we may not see mathers in the side for a while. Hilder at 5-8 was better, though different option altogether would be to trial mathers in that position (Hilder->lock). Play presto at second receiver in attack, mathers can play the traditional 'roving' roll of the FB.

Cant see the above happening (if it is isnt broke, dont fix it?), but it seems a waste having a player of mathers calibre in the Qld cup
    It is a shame with Mathers in QRL, but your right, if it aint broke don't fix it.

It was great to get down and see the team play. I have just a few comments on the whole day.

Parking was easy and close.

The 2 lead up games were good to watch. Especially the cops with their all-in brawl.

I didn't appreciate the volume of the speakers. Far, far too loud.

We sat at the scoreboard end which is ok for the price but had zero idea of what was happening when play was down the other end. Craning the neck around to see the big screen was the only way. Concrete seating is a little hard on the bum as well.

The Titanettes were brilliant. I've seen many a cheer squad over the years and these girls are by far the best. They just seemed so happy to be out there. That kind of spirit rubs off on the crowd.

Leaving the ground posed little problem. Got back to the car without much hassle and were out of the carpark in less than 10 minutes. We didn't rush out either so they must have fixed previous problems.

I probably wouldn't go to Carrara again unless I could get grandstand seats. It's not worth travelling 400 miles for the view from either end.

Looking forward to Robina Stadium!

I could get grandstand seats. It's not worth travelling 400 miles for the view from either end.

Looking forward to Robina Stadium!
    Great effort Boonarga ...Well done!!!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Smile titans V Parra

that was a great game..