Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

and..... titans win

Great game by us, we are playing great footy! Prince, Campbell, Delaney and Rogers all played exceptionally well as did the rest of the side. Friend came on and proved well.

All in all, a well fought victory and we ended up smashing them!

GO TITANS!

Junior Titan

Congratulations to all you Titans fans - we were thoroughly outplayed and comprehensively thrashed by a fired up and impressive Titans outfit today.

Even if my Eels had of fielded our strongest team, I still don't think we would have come away with a win - the Titans would have beat most teams ontheir performance today!

It sets up an interesting clash next Monady at Carrara, with the Cowboys improving over the weekend in their win against Manly. The Bowen v Campbell and Thurston v Prince clashes may just see me fork out the cash for a ticket next Monday night.

If anyone missed the match, than check out my matc report below -

http://www.league.net.au/titans-thrash-sick-eels/

Cheers and congrats once again,

Parra Petty

Thanks mate. We played the best footy all round IMO. Better then Storm who only won because of the high error count. We are definatley pushing to be real contenders this year! C'MON TITANS!

Definitely played some great footy. Showed what they're capable of.
    Rogers is looking a lot more dangerous than he has, the whole team was impressive!

Every time we had a set inside their half we looked dangerous.
    Hilder's slowly getting more involved I think, did a great little chip, although Prince still did most of the kicking. But why not, he was carving them up.
    I think his bomb that led to the Rogers try came back down with snow on it.

Thumbs down

Loved every minute of the game great stuff. Like the John Lennon song getting better Very professional effort congratulations to all the team and the administration right down to the ground announcer. Lets do it again next week. Team selection this week great.

QLD Cup Titan

Wish I was there! Unfortuanately had to work ( don't ever become traffic controllers-damn!) The best I've seen them play! Even Parra's try shouldn't have been allowed! Really impressive!

Good crowd too! Have they moved the side stands closer to the field than in in the old stadium?

It was a great game by the entire 17 man squad with Presto,Prince,Delaney,Rogers or Lafranchi could've all been named man of the match it was a great team effort.
    Also a big cheer should go to all the supporters of both teams who were there today, it was great to be part of a "SELL OUT" Crowd & i'm sure it won't be the last time the House Full sign goes up .
    #itaintweaktospeak

BEST game I've seen the Titans play!!!! TOTALLY outclassed Eels in every way!!!! Prince was insane! Preston Played outstanding! Laffranchi surely deserves an origin jumper after his performance! All the forwards, and all the backs stood up and delivered the goods!!!!

WHAT A WIN!!!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Default Titans preformance

Titans thrash eels but they still keep droping of at the end what do you think still a great preformance.

well considering they won by 26 points id say they played alright,,,standouts for me are prince,cambell,rogers and maybe peterson

Yeah A Great Win

lol you forgot rogers

FINAL SCORE

Gold Coast Titans 38

Tries: Laffranchi x2, Rogers x2, Graham, Petersen, Webster
    Goals: Campbell 3/4, Delaney 2/3

Parramatta Eels 12

Tries: Marsh, Hindmarsh
    Goals: Burt 2/2

Today we found out what happens when a team comes out with enthusiasm and commitment to a cause, and that is that they can do extraordinary things.

The boys from the Titans were sensational today, but it all came down to the fact they all came out as 17 men who wanted to do their team proud and who were all really excited to be there and to play.

The difference between the GC and Parra today was that the GC boys ran up in tackles in defense, were running at everything in attack and there was just really good communication, with the absolute opposite in the Eels... they tried hard, but couldn't pull it off, they were just not cohesive enough against a slick Titans outfit.

I reckon the team can make the top 8 if it can keep this up and stay away from injuries, because everyone is playing at 110% and therefore are coming up with some stunning plays on the back of Magicians Prince and Campbell... the support is amazing and the play is terrific.

Keep up the good work boys, you are doing the team proud and we love the play and hopefully the rest of the NRL does to.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Campbell View Post
    Titans thrash eels but they still keep droping of at the end what do you think still a great preformance.
    They keep dropping off at the end of games because they are not a big side and it takes alot out of them to compete with the bigger forwards!!!! They are so fortunate to have Billy Johnstone as he is able to overcome some of the size disdvantage with superior fitness.
    It was amazing to watch the guys keep competing at such a high level for so long. Bull Bailey has to be one of the first players picked for origin this year.