Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I agree with Tit-BD about the rules, and i thought the game was good.

I loved the defence in the first 20 minutes, and there was great attacking play by both sides in the last 60.

I really think sometimes we are a victim of our own hand, we bag the hell out of International football and never give it a chance to get to the heights of SOO.

There was a perfect moment tonight where SBW and Mason could have smacked the living hell out of each other, Like Beetson and his team mate so many years ago, and really put Test match footy on the calendar, but both players choose not to, and the supporters no longer want to see that, and the game has drifted away accordingly.

That is a good point Coaster... and I have to agree, as much I was glad I didn't see it as it would have seen one of them miss Sunday's match against the Eels and the other battered and bruised... I would have loved to have seen the boys go toe to toe and give a bit of biff... because that is what Trans-Tasman Rivalry is about, forget about the friendships, this is war... and it's why I loved the start... it was fiery...

The Bull had a good game, off the bench with 23 Tackles (3rd highest in the Aus Team), 12 Hit Ups (Highest in the Aus Team), with 135 metres gained. He looked to be on cloud niine when he was spoken to after the game. I thought Webster did an alright job for the Kiwis.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 20-04-07 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I might get cut down for saying this, but i thought Bailey was the worst Australian player on the field.

He had a high work load but most of those tackles were making up for his own mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Good game Australia! Everyone i think pulled their weight, especially Tate and Hunt! Those 2 were the best on the field, much to my surprise! Thurston and Lockyer were good all night, Thurston with some ripper of some passes! Jamie Lyon looked a bit out of place IMO, he didn't get the ball much, and when he did he was very quite, except his involvement in the Thurston/lyon/king/hunt try down the left hand side

I don't think Brent Kite should have been Prop forward, his runs weren't that aggressive. O'Meley definitely should have been in the side, pushing Kite to bench and Simpson out...

Benji Marshall was playing rather crap. Looks like he is no good without a decent halfback. last year/year before with Scotty Prince he was going fantastic (well excluding his injury time out), as soon as Prince left he hasn't looked too good.

Also, Inu. what can i say? 1 first grade game and he gets selected for NZ, and plays like that! He will dominate in the future thats for sure!

but yea overall a pretty scrappy first half, Australia pulled it together in the 2nd and ended up winning very convincingly. they never really looked like losing, as NZ were just very very poor in attack.

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I might get cut down for saying this, but i thought Bailey was the worst Australian player on the field.

He had a high work load but most of those tackles were making up for his own mistakes.
    Nope Coaster, once again have to agree with you... as much as I love the Bull, he wasn't on song tonight... worked hard, but wasn't his rampaging best... looked as if he was struggling to find his place at times... and the errors he made were simple ones.

On the other hand though, the same can be said for SBW tonight... worked hard, played well but he also was struggling to find his place... at times he was floating out wide into the centres and at other times he was in the forward pack... when that happens, you aren't going to be on song.

Junior Titan

And to all the doubters of Karmichael Hunt he got man of the match, so he has silenced all his critics. The key for australia last night was the halves pairing. They were fantastics and worked really well together. I wouldn't mind seeing thurston and Lockyer in the halves for the broncos.lol.
    "Go the Titans"

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

A good game, but i didn't think lockyer and thurston went that well, thruston didn't get to play his natural game of running at the line and using his skill, he was throwing passes etc etc.

Also a few of lockyers kicks wern't the usual prseeure kicks he can create a few short ones that, basically just handed the ball to the kiwis.

all in all though a good game and the kiwis should be a force of the future when thier youngsters get mor nrl and test games.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer View Post
    And to all the doubters of Karmichael Hunt he got man of the match, so he has silenced all his critics.

Hunt played a good solid game but I don't recall too much spectacular play from him to earn the man of the match award. He scored a try on the back of some good lead up play from others but I actually thought Tate would have been more deserving ofthe man of the match award.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    Hunt played a good solid game but I don't recall too much spectacular play from him to earn the man of the match award. He scored a try on the back of some good lead up play from others but I actually thought Tate would have been more deserving ofthe man of the match award.
    I'd agree. I actually was a bit surprised Tate made the side, but I gotta admit he did play well.
    Hunt was nothing special, I was surprised when they announced he was man of the match.

I have to agree with the poster who said it was a boring game. I'm glad I didn't end up going, which is unusual for me!

In the end I didn't think anyone from the Australian team played particularly well, just the Kiwis were worse. If they'd managed to hold onto the ball a bit more, it may have been a contest. It's a pity they had so many missing through injury and super league. Hopefully the world cup they'll give a better showing.
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Inu!

I am a critic of Karmichael Hunt, and I haven't been silenced. He played an OK game, but that was because Lockyer constantly set him up. Hunt isn't capable of doing much without him, except for the odd moment where the commentators overreact to his apparent 'brilliance'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    DITTO, I totally agree with you there. Someone else mentioned that the selectors were the one to pick MOM and maybe they picked him to justify the selection, not a bad thought
    :beer: :naughty:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I am a critic of Karmichael Hunt, and I haven't been silenced. He played an OK game, but that was because Lockyer constantly set him up. Hunt isn't capable of doing much without him, except for the odd moment where the commentators overreact to his apparent 'brilliance'.
    and that's why he got selected in the side instead of Matt Bowen
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer View Post
    and that's why he got selected in the side instead of Matt Bowen
    He got selected because he has a combination with lockyer (and Loylaty). If it was on form theres no way he wouldve even got a mention let alone selection in the Australian side.

Moving on Bowen should have been picked in the first place he has that combination with thurston, is in far better form and bring his own Bowen Magic. (something im yet to see from hunt this season).

If i was a QLD selector id be saying vote 1 for Bowen, because he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmace View Post
    He got selected because he has a combination with lockyer (and Loylaty). If it was on form theres no way he wouldve even got a mention let alone selection in the Australian side.

Moving on Bowen should have been picked in the first place he has that combination with thurston, is in far better form and bring his own Bowen Magic. (something im yet to see from hunt this season).

If i was a QLD selector id be saying vote 1 for Bowen, because he deserves it.
    Hunt gets choosen in rep sides because he a great reader of the game, watch how quickly he receives the ball from a general kick.
    He has great ball skills which he uses after a Lockyer pass.
    He is very safe under the bomb.
    He has plenty of 'ticker'...something needed when playing in big games.

Nobody has the flair of Mat Bowen but he will get targeted if he plays fullback against NSW.

Titan Club Captain

Well.

My boys did great!! The scoreline doesnt reflect how close the game was.

Krisnan Inu, omg, how amazing was this kid!! I<3him.

Sammy Rapira lead an awesome haka, I was in complete shock when I heard the commentator say he was going to lead it, didn't expect him to get handed that on his debut, but he nailed it. <3