Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

It's all a scheme by the ARU to make the broncos fail more imo.

I personally would have Hunt in my team as the fullback. Id have Bowen coming off the bench.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink View Post
    I personally would have Hunt in my team as the fullback. Id have Bowen coming off the bench.
    I agree with you Dakink and I hope the Queensland selectors are thinking the same.
    Bowen coming on the field late in a half would be deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I agree with you Dakink and I hope the Queensland selectors are thinking the same.
    you know what would be even more deadly? Bowen coming on the field from the START!!!!

If Lockyer plays a bag game, so does Hunt! Bowen is magical in his attack, and his defense this year has proved very good, and reliable! Hopefully the QLD selectors this year will see past the Lockyer/Hunt combo, and pick the better player (Bowen)!

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    It's all a scheme by the ARU to make the broncos fail more imo.
    A scheme by the ARU? So they're not content to steal our players anymore, they have to interfere with our team selection as well!

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Mate, Queensland tried that in game 3, 05. Didn't work because every ball he received was a telegraph pass from Lockyer that was easily read by the Blues defence. So actually, if history is to repeat, I hope the selectors do go down that route.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon View Post
    Mate, Queensland tried that in game 3, 05. Didn't work because every ball he received was a telegraph pass from Lockyer that was easily read by the Blues defence. So actually, if history is to repeat, I hope the selectors do go down that route.

Jason
    I don't particularly remember the moment you are talking about but Bowen doesn't have to be running off a Lockyer pass.
    He is very dangerous around the ruck and open field...during the game a coach could see a week spot in the Blues line...just throw him in to attack it.
    I wouldn't have a plan for him before the game...just use his skills once the game opens up.
    Too many coaches try to predict how the game will unfold before the kick off. Origins a great opportunity to use ad hoc decisions at the back of a half.

I was being slightly tongue in cheek mate. Bowen had a shocker in the game I referred to, as did most of the Queensland team. But the Blues really turned up to play that night, so maybe Queensland played as well as they were allowed. I remember that game for the fact the Blues had to defend 6 consecutive sets of 6 on their own line right at the start of the match, and remarkably the line didn't break. I have never seen such committed defence from the Blues, EVER.

I have no doubt Bowen could tear us to shreds given another chance. In fact, that same series, Game 1, it was Bowen who took the intercept off Kimmorley to win it for Queensland in golden point. Perfect timing from the little bloke, because if he missed the intercept, Matt Cooper was in up the other end.

Jason

R.I.P. Brocky

Got to say it. It is bugging me

Am I the only one who remembers the 'spray' R Stuart gave Wayne Bennett when we lost that test in 2005? The one where Wayne came home via the back door at the airport.

I recall Ricky being very vocal about not selecting a team on encumbancy and how he (RS) would select based only on form.

Anyone else remember this???

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Got to say it. It is bugging me

Am I the only one who remembers the 'spray' R Stuart gave Wayne Bennett when we lost that test in 2005? The one where Wayne came home via the back door at the airport.

I recall Ricky being very vocal about not selecting a team on encumbancy and how he (RS) would select based only on form.

Anyone else remember this???

Helen
    I remember that, wasn't it when he first got the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I remember that, wasn't it when he first got the job?
    I don't think RS had the job at the time. He was (If I recall correctly) very critical of WB and the teams being selected the way they were.

I know I read the story on the net but haven't been able to find it.

Helen

Junior Titan

as long as the broncos players are in there i don't care
    "Go the Titans"

Here is an interesting note, I had a look at the lastest Dally M rankings today in the Courier mail, and the highest ranking player from the Aussie team last week was Brent Kite, who came in at 11th.

For all the people bashing (STILL) on the selections - was Australia victorious? Did anyone not do their job right?

If you pick an Aussie team on 5 rounds of form, THAT cheapens the jersey imo. To have a green and gold jumper should be a great honor reserved for a select few, not something 70% of NRL players can say "been there, done that" just because they stood out in rounds 1-5 of a season. Maybe the end of year teams deserve to be picked on a bit more form due to the fact it'll be a season's worth of form, but not the ANZAC test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo