Banned

Default S.O.O Titans Players

So after the first five weeks which Titans players do you think will get to play for QLD or NSW.

I think:

Luke Bailey (NSW)
    Chris Walker (QLD)
    Scott Prince (QLD) not sure they will pick him but he is definetly playing well enough.
    Mat Rogers (QLD)
    Maybe Anthony Laffranchi (Not Sure who he plays for)

And thats all I think are contenders right now

I reckon Walker needs a few more games under his belt, but if he continues with the form he had before breaking his thumb, he's gotta be in origin.
    I don't think Rogers will do it this year, he's improving, but isn't in top form yet.

I think the QLD boys will struggle to make it into the squad... QLD is already up to their necks in backline talent... I mean they have:

Thurston, Lockyer, Inglis, Bell, Tate, Hodges, Prince, Slater, Hunt, Tonga, Rogers, Walker and Bowen to choose to make a backline out of.

The NSW boys on the other hand, will make the side for sure....

Bull Bailey will be one prop and Kite will be the other if they remain in form

Mason and Hindmarsh will play second row with Laffranchi if in form getting a bench spot this year.

For the record, Anthony Laffranchi is a NSW boy... he played City Origin last year...

your jokin if you think walker is a hope for origin. he has played one game this year. and it wasnt anything spectacular. and i thought rogers ruled himself out of rep footy

Our only "definate" would be Luke Bailey.

Outside of that; Scott Prince on form would be a shoe in for NSW though he is a mighty Queenslander and I can't see him selected ahead of Thurston, Anthony Laffranchi who is on the cusp of further rep honors.

Chris Walker is no chance.

I can't see Mat Rogers being selected either unless there A LOT of injuries.

I'm guessing Preston will be in the country origin side again, but i'd like to throw him out there for NSW halfback. There's just no form halves for NSW at the moment.

I know, he won't get selected. Probably best to hope for there is a bench spot.

We have no form halves? Gower has looked alright the games I've seen him. Matt Orford has been injured, but I expect he will hit form and subsequently picked once he gets back into a side which is doing very, very well. Jamie Lyon is playing centre at the moment, but he was bought by Manly primarily as a five-eighth, and I expect that's where he'll play for the Blues. Kurt Gidley and Jarred Mullen are also options, and both are in top form. Brett Kimmorley has also been in pretty good form, what I've seen of him. I don't believe he deserves to be crucified by the selectors because of one intercept pass. Braith Anasta has also been in good form in a losing team, but I'd prefer him at lock. Preston of course deserves to be picked, but like Nathan Blacklock and Hazem El Masri, he looks like he has had a line drawn through him by the Blues selectors.

Personally, I think this is the year Orford will finally (and deservedly) get a run. He is a class player and is very good at directing a football team around the park. I think he'd combine very well with Hey Presto, but I think it more likely they'll go with the Manly combination.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan View Post

Outside of that; Scott Prince on form would be a shoe in for NSW though he is a mighty Queenslander and I can't see him selected ahead of Thurston, Anthony Laffranchi who is on the cusp of further rep honors.

Spot on mate but i think Rogers has the same chance as Walker, None.
    I think it's great to have the form player in the NRL (Prince) & he won't get a look in for rep footy barring injury but i beleive that will just help our cause for Semi final footy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan View Post

you get so many of your posts spot on