Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Angry

Cooper needs to cut that crap off the back of his head

Totally agree, makes him look more a goose when he drops the ball. I feel like pulling that bloody thing hard ( hair that is)when he makes mistakes.

Thank god that is over

glad the eags won it and i would never support them over any other side but have a massive soft spot for the Titans.

Was very impressed with the fight they showed in the second half.

Any other side in the NRL and they would have scored 2 - 3 trys in the second half but the eagles D was just too strong as it has been all year.

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

The game was lost in the 1st half but it was a good 2nd half they just happened to be playing a deadset brick wall defense but there was plenty to like about the Titans effort, Meyers will be a great replacement for Hendo & Rogers looked much better & keeps improving everyweek.
    Very happy with the 2nd half after all we did win it 6-2 .
    #itaintweaktospeak

1st 5 mins killed us
    time for hilder to move possie i say

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    How many tries is Paea going to let in before Carty gets rid of him? He is useless, his defence down the right side is **** and he can't even turn and chase a kick. He has played **** in eery game he has played so far in the season.
    Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again, he makes poor defensive decisions. Yes he can tackle, but his decisions are the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

peterson should be in next week i say

Junior Titan

Default defence..

tell me something does brett delaney defend in 2nd row because he made a massive 35 tackles and topped it off with i think 17 hit ups.. impressive work rate...

Titans cop $5000 fine over video ref incident

Luke Turgeon
    24Apr07

THE GOLD Coast Titans will cop a $5000 fine 'on the chin' after coach John Cartwright illegally approached National Rugby League video referee Steve Nash to question an obstruction ruling during Sunday's 20-6 loss to Manly at Brookvale.

NRL rules state that: "Under no circumstances are match officials to be approached, questioned or harassed in any way by club officials either during or after a match."

Cartwright knew that he was not supposed to talk to match officials.

"I can understand his frustration but at the end of the day we will probably cop the fine and the rap on the knuckles," said managing director Michael Searle.

"You do the crime, you pay the fine. It is pretty cut and dried.

"We all acknowledge that there was a mistake made."

Cartwright went up to Nash in a hallway at half-time to question Manly's opening try, one and a half minutes into the match, which he believed should have been disallowed because of an obstruction. Nash made a complaint to ground manager Mick Levett, who filed a report to NRL chief operations manager Graham Annesley.

Annesley yesterday issued the Titans with a breach notice and fine.

The controversial try saw Manly skipper Matt Orford appear to run behind backrower Glenn Stewart before kicking through for Brett Stewart to score in the corner.

It put the Titans on the back foot for the entire match.

"I think it was just frustration," said Searle. "You have to understand the ruling that was made was in direct contrast to what Carty had been told by (referees boss) Robert Finch. It doesn't get more opposite to the ruling that was made and what he was told.

"But that is no excuse and we put our hand up this morning at 8.30 to Graham Annesley saying we would cop it on the chin and had done the wrong thing."

The Titans have five working days to officially respond to the breach notice.

Searle said he was not disappointed in Cartwright for knowingly breaking the rules.

"This whole obstruction rule has just become a bit of a debacle," said Searle.

"He (Cartwright) is a passionate man and he always wears his heart on his sleeve and he was frustrated. You have to take into account that it was 38 minutes after the incident so that just proves how frustrated he was."

Annesley was quick to point out Cartwright had not abused Nash in any way.

"While there is no suggestion of abuse in this case, there are clear rules in relation to these areas and it is important that they are enforced," he said.

Cartwright said he would put the off-field drama behind him and concentrate on fixing the problems on the field in time for Sunday's clash with Parramatta at Carrara.

"I was very happy with the effort," said Cartwright.

"If you take that first 10 minutes out of the game I thought territorially we were the better side.

"We probably played a bit dumb on occasions playing catch-up footy, which is hard to do playing against a side that is undefeated and at their home ground."
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Cartwright still fuming

April 24, 2007 12:00am

TITANS coach John Cartwright yesterday spoke his mind to referees' coach Robert Finch before being slapped with a $5000 fine for entering the video ref's box during Sunday's 14-point loss to Manly.
    The Gold Coast coach has landed in hot water for going into the officials' box at Brookvale Oval, seeking an explanation from fourth official Steve Nash on the contentious "no obstruction" ruling preceding Brett Stewart's opening try at Brookvale Oval.

A flustered Cartwright yesterday resumed the fight, engaging in a lengthy discussion with Finch and relaying his frustration at the ruling.

The development comes after he angrily declared on Sunday: "I mustn't know the rules."

"I just clarified a few things for him," Finch said. "This new interpretation is confusing everyone. The referee must adjudicate whether there is advantage, and it's a grey area and has been since 1908.

"The interpretation this year is that a player cannot run behind a decoy runner and gain an advantage. There doesn't need to be contact.

"We try to make things black and white, but unfortunately it tends to make them more grey."

Cartwright insists no malice or swearing were involved in his mid-match questioning, but the NRL nonetheless reacted sharply to the indiscretion, issuing the Gold Coast coach with the $5000 breach notice.

Titans chief executive Michael Searle, football manager Scott Sattler and Cartwright, all unavailable for comment yesterday, have five days to respond.

"There's no suggestion of any abuse in this case but our rules are very clear, that match officials can't be approached or questioned in any way either during or after games," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said.

"On that basis we need to send a clear message to clubs that this sort of approach is unacceptable.

"They (referees) can't feel as though they're being intimidated in any way.

"They've got to be left to get on with their job."

Cartwright's conversation with Finch yesterday prompted the NRL to table a press release with "key indicators" that attempt to clarify an increasingly muddled rule.

Manly pivot Travis Burns faces a two-week ban after being charged with a grade-one dangerous throw for a lifting tackle on Titans centre Brett Delaney.
    Article from: The Courier-Mail

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"