Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just saw the incident for the first time on NRL Teams and I'm disgusted. That was the poorest display I've seen in a long time and 1 week on the side line is piss poor. If the first 2 or 3 bounces weren't bad enough, the fact that he leaned out to follow Prince's head an have another go after he got free is disgraceful. To say he didn't know where his knee was is total BS.

Lost a lot of respect for Shrek after that and quite frankly the Bulldogs can keep him, I don't want that dirty bastard in a Sharks jersey.

Still can't believe it was only 1 week. It had to be worse than Morley's knee which cost him 7 or 8 weeks, or even Greg Bird's on a Souths bloke a couple years back which saw him rubbed out for 10 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Gillmeister would've 'snotted' O'Meley
    April 3, 2007 - 7:14PM

Former rugby league hardman Trevor Gillmeister has weighed into the Titans-Bulldogs row, saying he would have "snotted" Mark O'Meley if the Canterbury prop had kneed him in the head in his playing days.

O'Meley will miss Friday night's NRL clash against South Sydney after entering an early guilty plea to a grade one charge of dropping his knees into Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince's head during the second half of the Bulldogs' win on Sunday.

Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten claimed Prince had broken the "what happens on the field, stays on the field" player code by complaining about O'Meley's actions.

But Gold Coast assistant coach Gillmeister hinted that O'Meley got off lightly, saying the Bulldogs frontrower would have copped on-field retribution if he had tried it on him in his playing days.

"You would have snotted the bloke. If a bloke had kneed me in the head I would have stood up and smacked him in the mouth," he said.

"Scotty Prince is not able to do that because he would have been charged for striking.

"They say what happens on the field stays on the field but Scotty could not deal with that on the field so it is taken out of his hands."

"It's a hard game and you've got to cop everything that is dished out to you ... but it (O'Meley's actions) doesn't need to be in the game."

Titans coach John Cartwright has defended Prince's actions.

"It was on the telly for a million people to see. The fact that someone asked Scott about it means it was noticed," he told reporters on Tuesday.

"He was asked and he said basically what happened."

Meanwhile, Gillmeister laughed off Patten's accusation Prince had "dobbed" on O'Meley.

"A dobber? That's a serious allegation," he laughed.

"Look, it hasn't worried us at all. It hasn't even been mentioned what they (Bulldogs) have said ... but it has been blown out of proportion."

In other news, Cartwright made just one change for Sunday's clash at Penrith by adding former Test forward Brad Meyers on a five-man bench, replacing Daniel Conn.

Meyers has recovered from a left ankle injury.

The Titans will monitor the fitness of centre Jake Webster (knee) and pivot Matt Hilder (shoulder) and make a final decision on their availability later this week.

Gillmeister also hosed down speculation former Queensland flyer Chris Walker was close to a comeback from a broken thumb suffered in the first round.

"I think he thinks he is a bit closer (to a return) than what he really is - Chris is going to be another couple of weeks yet," he said.

In other judiciary news, Penrith fullback Rhys Wesser and North Queensland lock Justin Smith both pleaded guilty but will not miss any games.

Smith has also had his carry-over points penalty for a grapple tackle reduced from 93 to 62 after being granted a seven-year incident free discount - 100 points equals a one-match ban.

? 2007 AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Gil...366236069.html

Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten claimed Prince had broken the "what happens on the field, stays on the field" player code by complaining about O'Meley's actions.

O'Meley needs pulling up. This garbage about dobbing *rollseyes* does'nt mean anything when another player could have sustained extreme injuries.
    It's also a poor attempt at diverting attention away from themselves.
    Patten's statements are not helping his cause at all. In fact he is making O'Meley look even worse. (If thats possible).

How about the player code not to give each other disgusting cheap shots?

Mutual respect and sportsmanship is the ultimate player code.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Agreed DIEHARD... and as much as I like Patten as a player and think he's a great talent... General, don't talk about that sort of stuff in the media... I know you are supporting your mate... but you are making yourself to be a goose,which I know you are not....

Do the talking on the football field against Souths through fair and spectacular play... that will shut the critics up more than any words in a newspaper would.

I have no respect for the Bulldogs team, or 95% of there supporters anymore.

I just went on to the Kennel for a look, I never had much respect for them, (who does) but what was left is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

I just went on to the Kennel for a look, I never had much respect for them, (who does) but what was left is gone.
    Coaster, if you are judging Bulldogs supporter by those who post on the Kennel... then you are judging a very very small minority, may of whom have about as much brain sense as sheep being led to the slaughter...

There are many great people on there, sadly the lesser seems to have a great influence than the good....

But yes, get to a game and you'll see we are all decent people who love to rib our rivals, but are always there for a beer and and a chat after a game... especially to those we know...

Don't judge books by covers... and don't judge the Bulldogs by the Kennel, the team is much more than that... it's why it's not an official supporter site....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Coaster, if you are judging Bulldogs supporter by those who post on the Kennel... then you are judging a very very small minority, may of whom have about as much brain sense as sheep being led to the slaughter...

There are many great people on there, sadly the lesser seems to have a great influence than the good....

But yes, get to a game and you'll see we are all decent people who love to rib our rivals, but are always there for a beer and and a chat after a game... especially to those we know...

Don't judge books by covers... and don't judge the Bulldogs by the Kennel, the team is much more than that... it's why it's not an official supporter site....
    That public service announcement was brought to you by Titans.com.au.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

Understand where you are coming from Coaster

It's no secret that I don't have alot of respect for The Doggies either, but you will find it's only their hard-core supporters who would have taken such a defensive stance on this. (I have'nt seen what's being said on The Kennel though..and not really sure I want to either ) Every team has that element in their fan base, which can be full-on.
    I would say that there are alot of Doggies's supporters, who see it for what it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    That public service announcement was brought to you by Titans.com.au.
    haha, someone remind him the NSW elections are over, its a bit soon to start campaigning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    How about the player code not to give each other disgusting cheap shots?

Mutual respect and sportsmanship is the ultimate player code.
    Good point..

Nice to see him cop some suspension, thought he may have got 2 weeks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Angry O'Meley vows revenge

BULLDOGS prop Mark O'Meley is filthy with Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince for complaining about coping a knee in the head and can't wait to get square.

O'Meley pleaded guilty yesterday and was suspended for one week for dropping his knees into Prince during Sunday's match won 22-6 by the Bulldogs.

"He (Prince) said what goes around comes around, so I don't know what he means by that but I suppose I'll have to wait and see when we play them next round. We'll see if he's wearing his dinner suit again," said O'Meley.

"I don't know what he'll throw at me.

"He doesn't have too much to offer (other) than a dummy."

The return clash between the two teams is at Carrara in round 19 in July.

O'Meley has rejected suggestions it was intentional foul play against his fellow former Kangaroos Test tour mate.

He claims if he had meant to hurt Prince the Titans skipper would not have walked off Telstra Stadium.

While he wanted to fight the charge the Bulldogs were not willing to risk a two-game ban.

"It's a hard choice. If you go there and lose you sit out two weeks," said O'Meley of the NRL judiciary system which offers a discounted penalty for an early guilty plea.

"I suppose it encourages you to plead guilty even if you don't think you've done too much wrong, so it makes it really hard on the player."

O'Meley is filthy at Prince for his post-match complaints about the incident.

He claims the incident was no worse than what happens in most tackles during the NRL.

"I had no malice. If I wanted to hurt him I would have hurt him," said O'Meley.

"Obviously I roughed him up a bit with my knee. I don't think there was too much in it.

"It's just like when you get tackled and someone's got their elbow in your face and they rough you up.

"I don't go out there and complain about what happens to me on the field. I'm sure other players don't."
    From Gold Coast Bulletin
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article...82_titans.html

So he's going to give him another knee?
    Maybe an intentional high tackle?

I used to respect O'Meley.
    Now I think he's even lower than Mason on the thug stakes.

I just saw the incident on tape and yes OMeley deserves at least 2 weeks.