Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ok ill change my view, O'Meley should be suspended.

Becuase he intentionally tried to seriously hurt another player with foul play, and was very close to breaking Princes neck
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

To be fair to our forwards, they were obstructed from viewing the incident Coaster

Just heard on the news that O'Meley has been charged over the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    Just heard on the news that O'Meley has been charged over the incident.

Looks like that's old news.

Junior Titan

I think it was accidental but i'll have to review it again

^^^ If you watch it again you will see that he drops the knees to his face more then once. And anyone know what he was charged by any chance?

I saw it clear as day, he dropped his knee into Princes head at least 3x. Whats worse is that Prince was being held in the tackle by 2 other players, so he couldn't even defend himself from it.

How long did Adrian Morely get for kneeing the Bulldog player last year?
    To me, this incident was just as blatent......

I'm the Bulldogs supporter here... and unfortuately, I have agree with all sentiments, it wasn't pretty, it wasn't entirely accidental and he has to have a spell for it... hopefully Shrek will learn not to use the knees to keep a player down... but for now, he will have to sit out a week, you do the crime, you have to do the time...

Angry

Should be some kind of compensation taken for cheap shot. Not good for all those kids watching. His has sh#t for brains.

War of words
    Matt Marshall And James Phelps
    April 03, 2007 12:00am

Article from: The Courier-Mail

A BITTER war of words erupted between the Titans and Bulldogs camps as the fallout from Dogs prop Mark O'Meley's repeated kneeing to the head of Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince intensified.
    In a day of high drama, the Bulldogs enforcer was charged with dropping his knees on to the head of Prince during the Titans' 22-6 loss to the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium on Sunday.

In a stunning aftermath to the incident, an indignant Prince yesterday launched another scathing attack on O'Meley before Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten returned fire, accusing the Titans halfback of breaking an unwritten player code by "dobbing".

"It speaks for itself, doesn't it? It's black and white," Prince said.

"You saw what he done. It's blatant on the replay, somehow my head found itself under O'Meley's knee and I was a little surprised when he went and jumped on it three times.

"Close to the line, it was just unfortunate my head was under his knee.

"I winked at him, there was no need for it. It's something we shouldn't have in our game, hopefully they can clean it up.'

Prince's outburst came after he told The Courier-Mail post-match he was filthy about the incident. "It's **** really, but what goes around comes around," Prince said.

With O'Meley last night considering whether or not to fight the charge ? with the prospect of missing two games if found guilty ? a furious Patten criticised Prince.

"If everyone complained about every little thing that happened in a game it would be a joke," Patten said.

"If something happens you get over it. Mark plays the game hard but he doesn't take cheap shots. That isn't his go, and for Prince to come out with that and maybe cost us a player in a big game is frustrating."

If he takes an early plea the Test prop will be suspended for one game, the Friday night showdown with South Sydney.

When contacted last night O'Meley claimed the incident was an accident.

"It was nothing intentional," O'Meley said.

"I was just getting up from a tackle. I was just trying to save a try, I had no idea where my knee was."

Patten insisted the incident should have been left on the field.

O'Meley meanwhile escaped censure over another second-half knee lunge at Titan Matt Petersen.

Penrith's Rhys Wesser and North Queensland's Justin Smith (both contrary conduct) were also charged but will escape suspension with early guilty pleas

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

"I was just getting up from a tackle. I was just trying to save a try, I had no idea where my knee was." -O'Meley
    Yeah...right....sure.. This 'excuse' sounds as pathetic as his actions were.

"It's **** really, but what goes around comes around," Prince said.

I could'nt agree more with Prince...'It is ****' .
    'What goes round..comes round'
    Last edited by ~Wild Child~; 03-04-07 at 04:16 AM.

Mate I can see the start of a fierce rivalry here!!

Was wondering which clubs would tke an exception to us, this will ensure a few tense games in the future!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Luke Patten is a drop kick, I wouldn't pay any attention to his opinion on ANYTHING let alone defending his player.

Yeah, Mark does play the game hard - though no need for what he did to Prince as that ain't hard, it is cowardly.

For Mark to say "I didn't know where my knew was" is hillarious - it was the springboard you were using when Prince was on the ground, you knew what you were doing. Don't make it worse with such a stupid comment.

O'Meley could not help but say stupid comments - the man is dimmer than a 5 watt light bulb

He is lucky he didnt kill him.

I am serious, that amount of pressure to the side of a neck, could easily break it.

The more i see of it, the worse it looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.