Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Should O'Meley be suspended?

Should O'Meley be suspended?

Scott Prince objected to what looked like an intentional knee to the head by Test forward Mark O'Meley in yesterday's game - there was no action taken by ref - does 'the Orgre' deserve suspension?

I think he will be cited by the match review panel and get 1 or 2 weeks personally.

Thoughts?

He should definitely be suspended, we don't need that sort of cheap and disgraceful behaviour in our game. It was sickening, it wasn't just a knee to the head he was using our captains head as a spring board...

As Scott says, what goes around comes around. *salute*
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yeh I remember seeing this and I was thinking it was a penalty then and there but they didn't call it.

2 Weeks I reckon.

I haven't seen it, but i've heard about it.

I've always thought O'Meley was a good, clean player. Definitely needs to be cracked down on. That sort of thing can not only cause injury, it can kill.

I also haven't seen it, but geez, kneeing someone in the head once is suspendable for a few weeks in my book, let alone 3 times!

It was more of a crushing his skull with his knee, rather than a blow with his knee. But there was a definate bouncing motion there.

In saying that i don't think he should be suspended.

But thats not saying much because i don't believe in suspensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

LMAO! ^^ You don't believe in them?

What about if someone just runs at someone else and fly kicks them.

Then the other players should sort it out.

Call me old school, i just don't believe in suspensions.

I was more peeved in our forwards not sticking up for prince, then O'Meley for doing it.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

It was very sneaky though, no one saw it. The camera was right on it though. And I think that players should sort it out themselves but I think that things that could put life to risk should be a suspension.

I'd sure any player would rather have a blue with the opposition for his act of foul play rather than spend a week or two watching from the side line. Insufficient punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

What im saying is. Things should be sorted out on the night. But if it puts anothers player in risk then look at a suspension. Looking at some of these high tackles that are getting suspended should even be a week.

OMeley shouldve been sent off if he hadnt been.
    Yes he should be suspended.
    I didnt watch it but anyone who knees deliberately should suffer major consequences

Some of these 'high tackles' are hardly a floppy arm over the shoulder. The rule is too black and white; "any contact with the head or neck" - technically the refs are right, but these are prop forwards who make a living out of running at things, these supposed 'high tackles' would hardly be felt by your average girl scout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I know they are a nessesary evil, i just dont like them.

We have a hard enough time trying to get players through a season without injuries, and i just dont think the NRL gain from having players like SBW, Meley, Carroll, ect sitting on the sidelines.

Ok I'm making a new thread about this. Talk about it in there.

This is getting to off-topic.