Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Awesome win, i was doubtfull they could do it today after last weeks performance.

Myers was very good, for his first run back in the NRL, he knows when to run it and when to tuck it away, something we need to back up the Bull.

Another standout for me was Graham, great defence out wide, and good running skills.

Hilder was solid, yet still stifled the attack with poor passing. Preston covered fullback well today, and played more in the front line, and his combination with Prince is something to awe.

Paea was solid, great to see, just a young fella, and he is doing well. Im not sure he would make my dream 13, but he is doing the job that is needed, and next week is up against Boyd, so that should be something he could look forward to.

Great effort forwards, great effort team and coaching staff, last week was the wake up we needed, and lets hope that kicks us into the next gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Thumbs up You Little Beauty

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant

Campbell - Brilliant, Bailey - Brilliant, Prince - Brilliant, Laffranchi - Very Good, Myers - Very Good, Swain Pretty Good (best game he has played for the Coast, earned the number 13 tonight IMO), Minicheillo did enough to keep the number 12, Cooper stepped up a bit this week and the 2 fill in centers did quite well.

The best game the team has played so far this year. I listened to the game on the radio, before watching it on the Tele and thought we must have gone to sleep to let the Panthers in with 2 late trys, but was happy when I watched it back on the t.v. and it was just good attacking football that led to the 2 Panthers tries.

Luke Bailey, what else can I say, give him an Australian jersey, how does a prop forward get through so much work. Bailey was absolutely every, not only was he up in the top three for all the forwards stats, he was there at every kick chase, he was a dummy runner when he didn't get the ball, he was chasing the oposition kicker at the end of every set of six and he was backing up ready for an offload. He must be super fit.

Campbell played the best game he has played for the Titans, made very little if any mistakes, put a lot of players into holes, chased every kicked and put in some great kicks himself. It looked like he played a lot of the game in the attacking line and was quite often first or second receiver, at times it was almost like having a second 5/8. I would love to see him play 5/8 along side Prince, but another part of me thinks the way they did it in this game worked quite well, but ultimately I think he would benefit the team more by playing next Prince on a permanent basis. If Mather isn't fit, might be worth putting Rogers at fullback next week and keep one of the guys that filled in the centers spot this week.

Scott Prince, what a game winner he is. He controlled the game from start to finish. He read the game extremely and he had a fantastic kicking game. If the likes of Thurston weren't about, he could sit very comfortably with the Green and Gold number 7 on his back.

Paea, I think he will loose his spot once Walker is fit, he is the only player in the Titans side that I thought was average. He made some bad decisions in defense that aloud the opposition to get around him with ease and he didn't do enough in attack IMO.

I was so excited to get our first away win, I was yelling and cheering and punching the air whilst listening to the game on the radio, I reckon everyone on the street would have heard me.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    BRING ON THE BRONCOS, BECAUSE THE TITANS ARE READY TO PLAY BALL....
    Bring on the Broncos indeed I finally get back to QLD on Thursday, so I get to start using my membership at this game and I am confident we can beat them.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 08-04-07 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

More from me tomorrow - what a performance!

We were given no hope outside of the Titans and Legion faithful!

I managed to get hold of Jason Sintome and he organised Michael Searle and Paul Broughton to come say g'day ... HIGHLIGHT of the day outside the win.

Check our Legion website tomorrow, there is a great pic there with our two main men in Michael and Paul

PHP Code:
    boys look good in their away white jerseys and blue shorts 

Thought the same those jerseys are great, love the white socks. I was really impressed with the team effort thought the two call ups were very good. Preston great at full back coming up in the line. all round a solid preformance.
    Well done Carty and the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    For some reason I have a really good feeling about this game.

Titans by 16
    Just thought I bring this up My gut feeling was right, not the score line though.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Talking

Great to see the boys come away with a win today. Shame Panthers were allowed to come back so closely in the end because the score doesn't reflect how well we dominated the game. Prince, Bailey and Campbell were outstanding! Prince's kicking game was on song!! Am loving the combination Prince and Campbell are beginning to form. Bailey was everywhere, great enthusiasm and effort. Well done to the whole team. Good luck for Friday night!
    :beer: :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitohs-07 View Post
    Panthers by 12 im putting money on.
    Hope it wasn't your rent money.

Titans really dominated.
    Panthers showed why you can't just try to defend a lead, because they're more than capable of blowing you off the park in a small amount of time.
    If the ball wasn't dropped in the last movement, I think they'd have been over in the corner.

"Preston who?" was asked in a newspaper article.
    I think he gave them a reminder.
    And he was great under high balls too!

Saw Diehard and the others on the telly too.

plea did makes some good reads aswell tanwelg
    he isnt the best but his solid
    but yeh walker will prob take his spot when his fit
    how did mathers play on the w/e anyone know he play cup?

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    plea did makes some good reads aswell tanwelg
    he isnt the best but his solid
    but yeh walker will prob take his spot when his fit
    how did mathers play on the w/e anyone know he play cup?
    Yeah he did make a few good read, but also some bad ones. I think one day he will be a good player. He just needs some more time in the QRL IMO.

Mathers isn't recorded as playing in any of the feeder clubs. I think he is still carrying a knee injury.

Fantastic win today by the boys the regular 3 stood out head & shoulders above , Bull,Presto & Princey but i must give a huge clap to Josh Graham who after playing for 80 minutes today will give Carty a headache of who the centre pairing should be as i now beleive that Graham should be the 1st centre picked for next weeks match.
    Also a nice return to the top grade for Meyers , he is a huge bloke & made ground on every run.
    Wel done guys & BRING ON THE BRONCOS!
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    but i must give a huge clap to Josh Graham who after playing for 80 minutes today will give Carty a headache of who the centre pairing should be as i now beleive that Graham should be the 1st centre picked for next weeks match.
    I think both fill in centers did their job, but if I was to pick the better of the two, I could do it. There stats were very similar.

Delaney - 13 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 2 hit ups, 85 meters gained.

Graham - 11 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 1 off load, 72 meters gained.

Graham appeared to have a slight bit more sting in his tackles. The one stat they shared in common, which we would like to see better from centers, is 0 line breaks.

I got these stats from www.nrl.com.au

move rogers fullback for more space then slot one of em into center n preston to 5/8 with hilder going to the bench or something

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I think both fill in centers did their job, but if I was to pick the better of the two, I could do it. There stats were very similar.

Delaney - 13 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 2 hit ups, 85 meters gained.

Graham - 11 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 1 off load, 72 meters gained.

Graham appeared to have a slight bit more sting in his tackles. The one stat they shared in common, which we would like to see better from centers, is 0 line breaks.

I got these stats from www.nrl.com.au
    which we would like to see better from centers, is 0 line breaks.

The reason why this is because hilder doesn't run to the line and create anything for his centres. I saw Campbell today create more than Hilder today and when rogers gets back move campbell to 5/8 and Rogers Fullback..

Junior Titan

Awesome effort from the MIGHTY TITANS. Every player performed exceptionally well, with fantastic games from Bailey, Prince and Presto. But the suprise packet for me was the brilliant performance from Josh Graham ( the hitman). Hopefully he will retain his spot against the Ponies on Friday night. He is big,strong and fast. His big hits in defence were awesome. I think that he and Webster should be our centre partnership, with Rogers moving to Fullback. Congratulations to the MIGHTY TITANS on a great win.