Gold Coast Titans 24

Tries: Laffranchi, Campbell, Prince, Bailey
    Goals: Campbell 4/5

Defeat

Penrith Panthers 22

Tries: Pritchard x 2, Wesser, Gordon
    Goals: Gordon 3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

congradulations to mr diehard getting on the tv twice

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by qld power View Post
    congradulations to mr diehard getting on the tv twice
    Yeah nice waving of the big flag there mate
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Yeah nice waving of the big flag there mate
    was that the flag that said enter the titans

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer View Post
    was that the flag that said enter the titans
    no, it was the big blue, yellow and white striped one, as seen being held by Diehard at http://www.titanlegion.com/ He also had what looked a pair of binoculars around his neck
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 08-04-07 at 05:25 PM.

Woooohooooo!!!!! Played a good game, but my heart was beating 10 thousand times a second in that last minute!!!!! First win away from home well done Titans!!!!!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

fkn got scared at the end
    but go the mighty titans!

O.O.

Panthers almost did what they did last week... Had me on my feet haha...

Good to see a little patch of blue in CUA !

2 WINS!!!!

Junior Titan

Well what an upset win for my adopted second team - I have never really been a fan of Preston at fullback, but he made me eat my words with his performance today.

How good was it to see Bailey score off his fellow co - captains grubber?

I thought Laffranchi and Prince were again the best on field for the Titans, while that run for Brad Meyers will do him good for his return hit out against his old Brisbane teammates thsi Friday!

Damn, I was 5 from 5 in tipping until todays games!

If anyone wants to read my report, than please click on the following link -

http://www.league.net.au/titans-regi...nded-panthers/

Cheers, and congratulations Titans,

Parra Petty

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

That was with out a doubt the best game the titans have played. The only concern i had with the titans was the lack of forwards to assist bailey and laffranchi, these 2 were the pick of the crop, but henderson, swain and minichello were all on a mission tonight to make meters and tackle good and hard. The penrith pack was bigger and uglier, but the titans gave it to them hard and penrith looked at times, lost at best.

Shame that it was so close i nthe end, titans completly dominanted penrith, wish i had tipped the titans though, lol.

2 words sum up todays performance.... Teamwork and Enthusisam...

It was a great to see the Titans have such enthusiasm in everything they did, even if it did run the tank down late in the second half.

They ran at every loose ball, attacked at 100 miles an hour, defended in a pack and made every post a winner... and you can't ask for anymore from your team...

They weren't the most skilled team I have seen in the week of football or the best defense, but they did what you need to do to win a football match, and that is capitalise on mistakes your opposition make... and they did that to a plomb.

Penrith were very shaky today and I think they suffer a bit from a lack of patience and it was great work by Campbell, Prince and Bailey to ensure the Titans not only captialised on that, but stayed patient in the process.... at one stage they had completed 12/13 sets in the first half, and with that sort of completion rate you don't normally lose.

The other thing that impressed me was the team work shown. For a team that has only been together for a bit over 6 months, Carty and Gilly should be commended for producing a team that unlike many other teams who are a lot older than them, actually knows what is happening on every play and how to play it.

The team supported each other on every play, and it is great to know that as a supporter when someone makes a break, something is more than likely going to come out of it as a player is backing up.

Overall I am very happy to see the Titans win... there are areas to improve on but I am happy enough in Round 4 with the performance and I know that Brisbane will be in for a fight on Friday Night, with hopefully a big crowd there to see it.

Well done to Bailey for the try and for always giving 100%, he just a champ.... Presto showed he can play fullback and proved me wrong today.. solid under the high ball and good in coming off the line and well done to the rest for giving their all always...

BRING ON THE BRONCOS, BECAUSE THE TITANS ARE READY TO PLAY BALL....

Great win. I just hope the Titans don't develop the habit the Dragons have had for many years - wrapping up matches, and then letting in soft tries at the end. Though to be fair, both of the tries the Panthers got at the end were well constructed by them.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky