Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Relying on the big Panther forwards to tire will just get us flogged.
    Didn't work against the dogs, and it won't work against the Panthers.
    Panthers may have been a bit sloppy against the Broncos, but they certainly finished with a lot more gusto, the Broncos were out on their feet.

I'm not sure anyone in the Titans backline can match Wesser, Gordon or Jennings for speed. If those guys get into a gap it'll be under the posts.

I think this game is going to come down to the forwards.
    Both teams are capable of a lot of points.

I think the Panthers will win this one, but i'm not positive about it!
    If the Titans learnt enough from the Bulldogs on how to handle a big pack, they can come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Pat it won't happen, they are trying to build structure and therefore it will be business as usual for the next few rounds at least...
    What structure is that?
    What was the original plan in the halves?
    Are they planning on using Hilder as a fulltime 5/8?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    What structure is that?
    What was the original plan in the halves?
    Are they planning on using Hilder as a fulltime 5/8?
    Not sure Chaos, all I know is that if a side is trying to become a team, the best way to do it is to get people to play full time in their roles... so yes perhaps Hilder is the fulltime 5/8 till Campbell can show his skills for the role, or Mathers can return from QLD Cup.

ture well tbh campbell has shown move skill the hilder, ball wise
    hilder dosnt offer another attack opition only kicking/defence

For some reason I have a really good feeling about this game.

Titans by 16
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Well Mat Rogers is OUT... replaced by Brett Delaney with Jake Webster also having passed a fitness test now under a fitness cloud and Josh Graham on standby to join the starting line up and Brad Meyers is onto the bench.

Rogers out of Titans team
    April 7, 2007 - 12:14PM

Gold Coast dual international Mat Rogers has been ruled out of Sunday's clash with Penrith at CUA Stadium after failing a fitness test on his neck.

Titans officials said it was "touch and go" whether the 31-year-old would make the trip to Sydney, but erred on the side of caution with the former Wallaby utility likely to be fit for next week's local derby against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Titans co-captain Scott Prince (ankle), five-eighth Matt Hilder (shoulder) and centre Jake Webster (knee) all passed fitness tests on Saturday and have been cleared to play on Sunday.

Former Eel Brett Delaney will replace Rogers and make his debut in Titans colours on Sunday after starring in the club's feeder team during the first three weeks of competition.

Despite the loss of Rogers, Panthers captain Tony Puletua has warned his side not to underestimate the Titans.

"I'm not sure what they're doing in their camp but I'm sure they're doing everything they can to prepare to win every game every week and (Sunday) will be no different," said Puletua.

"They put in a good performance against us in the trials but it's going to be a different story this time because we are in season.

"We have both had a few games under our belts now and it should be a good one.

"I think they've been pretty solid in their games. They have been playing those games that can go either way. They have put in some good performances the last three weeks and are going well.

"Any team can win if they play well on the day."

Puletua said the Panthers must expose a weakened Titans outfit if they are to build momentum on their early season spark.

Unheralded five-eighth Peter Wallace booted Penrith to a golden-point extra time victory over reigning premier Brisbane last week with a 40m field goal and Puletua said his side must continue to win the tough games like that if they are to remain competitive in 2007.

"It would be good (to win three in a row). We've had a couple of good wins now and we'd just like to keep that going," said Puletua.

"We know there's a lot to be gained from playing consistently good footy and it's just a matter of keeping that going on Sunday.

"(The 29-28 win over Brisbane) was just one of those games, that happens in footy. I suppose before we might have lost that game through fitness and stuff but it was good how the boys played the full 80 (minutes) and we ended up coming away with the result.

"It was a good win but we can't get carried away with it, there's still a long season to go."

? 2007 AAP

Final starting side for the Titans. Rogers and Webster ruled out.

Gold Coast Titans

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Lelea Paea
    3. Josh Graham
    4. Brett Delaney
    5. Matthew Petersen
    6. Matthew Hilder
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Clint Amos
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Luke Swain

14. Kris Kahler
    15. Nathan Friend
    16. Gavin Cooper
    17. Brad Myers

*** The numbers above are not necessarily the numbers worn by the players, they are the positions they played in ***
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 08-04-07 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

6mins down Laffranchi
    try goal campbell 6-0 titans

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

boys look good in their away white jerseys and blue shorts

17mins try and goal campbell
    12-0 titans

I'm itching to see this on telly - 12-0 up after 20. I find it helps finding out the score ahead of time - I get too worked up otherwise.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

28mins wesser try goal gordon

hmm diehard was going to game wasnt he im sure i saw him wavin his flag as the were going off half time

One thing that worries me about the Titans - have we got the ability to score points? Our first 3 weeks have netted 18, 18, and 6 - I think we need to do better than that if we want to go anywhere in this comp. Hopefully they can lay a few on in the second half and shut me up well and good.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

45mins try prince goal campbellllllllllllllllllllll woooooooooooooooooooooooo
    18-6