Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Titan First Grade Regular

Even though the game was so close, Cowboys were susbstantiouly better.
    They need to work on their discipline over the next few weeks though... 9-5 penalty count i think.
    [

Wel, let me be a little more gracious, the way the two teams played for the first 60 minutes, the Cowboys deserved to win by 60. Well done for the win. I just hope for the health of Cowboys supporters they avoid the hole they fell in last year. I know what it feels like to support a team who repeat the mistakes of the past.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star View Post
    Even though the game was so close, Cowboys were susbstantiouly better.
    They need to work on their discipline over the next few weeks though... 9-5 penalty count i think.
    Thurston didnt deserve to be sinbinned from what I heard.
    But yeah they do need to improve their discipline otherwise .
    Murray would have had his heart in his mouth lol

FINAL SCORE

St George Illawarra Dragons 18
    Tries: Richard Williams (2), Luke Macdougall
    Goals: Wes Naiqama (3/3)
    North Queensland Cowboys 22
    Tries: Johnathan Thurston, Ashley Graham, Brenton Bowen, Paul Bowman
    Goals: Johnathan Thurston (3/4)

JT's sin bin seemed to bring down our game alot...At least we got away with the win I guess. I would have liked to have seen a higher score but I guess we can't have everything

did jackson nicalau play in halves at all or did justin smith?

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee View Post
    did jackson nicalau play in halves at all or did justin smith?
    Nicalau was on bench. He came on just after half-time at 5/8 i think.
    [

Well, the scoreline lies. Cowboys deserved to win that game 50 - 0. It is going to be a long season unfortunately. Ah well.

JT didnt deserve to go to the bin.
    Thats disgraceful refereeing

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Thurston didnt deserve to be sinbinned from what I heard
    BS, he did deserve it, he was deliberatly putting his hand in the play the ball when the dragons player was trying to get a quick play the ball going. (Watch the game) He was deliberatlyswatting at the ball and the legs, it was a profesional foul and Thurtson should know better, he got what he deserved.

Now having said that, the dragons were terrible in the first 60 mins, although our defence needs to be commended, the cowboys could have easily run in 50 points, had we just executed a bit better we might have been able to get some points on the board at least it was nail bitting near the end.

I hope our rookies took valuable lessons from it and should be much better against the sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    BS, he did deserve it, he was deliberatly putting his hand in the play the ball when the dragons player was trying to get a quick play the ball going. (Watch the game) He was deliberatlyswatting at the ball and the legs, it was a profesional foul and Thurtson should know better, he got what he deserved.

Now having said that, the dragons were terrible in the first 60 mins, although our defence needs to be commended, the cowboys could have easily run in 50 points, had we just executed a bit better we might have been able to get some points on the board at least it was nail bitting near the end.

I hope our rookies took valuable lessons from it and should be much better against the sharks.
    I seen far worse not get sent mate.
    Yes he did swat at the ball but as I said far worse have been done and not been sin binned so why should JT be sent?
    Refs need to be consistent then.
    Last edited by Poida; 01-04-07 at 12:06 PM.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I seen far worse not get sent mate.
    Yes he did swat at the ball but as I said far worse have been done and not been sin binned so why should JT be sent?
    Refs need to be consistent then.
    Wes Naiqama was sinned binned last week for being inside the ten, he was about 9 and a half meters back and made a try saving tackle and was sin binned, this could have potentially stopped a try so it warrants the same consistenty this year. Daniel irvine was sin binned for his tackle on widders, same reasoning. The issue with JT's was it was deliberate, he was trying to force a error from Isemonger and is the captain of the team he should know better, it was also during the massive penalties you handed us so the ref was making his mark.

I guess thats fair then.
    The Cowboys wouldve got sloppy near the end due to excess penalties and poor discipline.
    That causes major fatigue having to defend so long.
    Last edited by Poida; 01-04-07 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poida View Post
    JT nearly cost the Cows the game then
    how can you say that? JT was absolutely brilliant and if it weren't for him Cowboys wouldn't have gone near to how they played last night!!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee View Post
    how can you say that? JT was absolutely brilliant and if it weren't for him Cowboys wouldn't have gone near to how they played last night!!!!
    Yes he did but also getting sinbinned couldve well cost them.
    He is brilliant no doubt but he made the almost crucial mistake of getting sent.