Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think where Preston plays is the least of the issues.
    Our forwards were outmuscled, and the Bulldogs pack never tired.
    In addition to having to make over 60 more tackles, we also missed nearly double the amount of tackles.
    Preston in the 1, 6, 17, 9 or even 8 jersey wouldn't have changed that. I guess everyone needs a scapegoat.

It looks like Prince is doing all the kicking, so whatever position Preston is in, he needs to slot in and take some of that pressure off.
    Hilder has been great in defence, but he's just not doing anything in attack.
    I don't mind the idea of Preston at fullback, less attack coming at him and more free to move around in attack, but he's probably our only other half option.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan View Post
    Richie Mathers SHOULD BE back this week - do we rush him in to the first grade side when he is yet to experience the week to week rigours? It would be a tough ask though something I think he is up to doing.

If not, I wouldn't mind pushing Rogers back there where he would find some open space - space he is not getting in the centres where is not getting much clean ball. It would do his confidence the world of good too.
    I also think that Rogers at full back and Preston at 5/8 will work.
    In saying that we still haven't seen Rogers play outside Preston yet and Rogers my go alright in the centres. He has been good reading the oppositions attack so far.
    I don't know how good this Richie Mathers is, so it is hard to make the decision of a new centre or Mathers at fullback.
    What centre would we use?

We're commenting on positional changes Steve, not looking for a scapegoat of any sort. IF we were discussing were the game was lost - well - that is an entirely new thread

For the benefit of the team, I and others including Whiz Freeman, believe Preston is of more benefit to the team at fullback.

If we want to disect the game further and look to portion blame, we would be looking at: the 27 missed tackles, the 12 errors, stupid penalties (Minichiello's with led to the first try after half time was an example), lack of direction at times, the one out hit ups ...

We shouldn't panic, mass changes are not needed, though for us to improve I think we need to look at one or two changes to the team to get back to the winners circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I also think that Rogers at full back and Preston at 5/8 will work.
    In saying that we still haven't seen Rogers play outside Preston yet and Rogers my go alright in the centres. He has been good reading the oppositions attack so far.
    I don't know how good this Richie Mathers is, so it is hard to make the decision of a new centre or Mathers at fullback.
    What centre would we use?
    Brett Delaney is an option. He is itching for a crack at the first team - I am interested to know how he went on Satuday for Tweed.

Josh Graham off the bench to centre? He might not be ready.

The loss of O'Dwyer who was brilliant for the Eels at centre is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan View Post
    Brett Delaney is an option. He is itching for a crack at the first team - I am interested to know how he went on Satuday for Tweed.

Josh Graham off the bench to centre? He might not be ready.

The loss of O'Dwyer who was brilliant for the Eels at centre is a shame.
    I don't know that Delany is much of a ball player but I think with Preston and Prince inside, Delany might be the player that hits the hole with his size.

I seen him recently - leaner than last season though still with that bulk that I think will see him end up in the back row in his later career.

It will be an interesting team selection.

Gavin Cooper was very good as a centre with NQ - he is struggling a little in the back row at the moment, he might get a chance?

Who knows.

What Titans really need is some forwards to put some big hits on ever known and then because evertime the other teams forwards have the ball there making yards and getting quick play the balls and tiring out the forwards in the team. Titans forwards also need to get some bloody go forwards instead of making prince kick from their half every set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitohs-07 View Post
    What Titans really need is some forwards to put some big hits on ever known and then because evertime the other teams forwards have the ball there making yards and getting quick play the balls and tiring out the forwards in the team. Titans forwards also need to get some bloody go forwards instead of making prince kick from their half every set.
    Yeh...I don't think we need drastic changes, James Stosic and Brad Myers will be handy.

Stosic's return will be welcomed.

Its just simple ones that I can pick. As I said before Hilder to interchange, Preston to 5/8th and Rogers to fullback. Rogers needs more room to run and preston needs more ball to play with.

Red face

Need more grunt up front with the forwards, Thought the effort today was great seeing how many more tackles we did. Drop ball cost us today. Otherwise we were in it right up until the 73 min. Not bad against a firey Bulldogs squad.

I've seen our line up and again the Titans have named Hilder at 5/8.

Has anyone heard any explaination from Cartwright, regarding his decision to put Hilder in 5/8.

Chris Anderson has already lost some respect by starting the year playing one marker...got carved up first game and tried it again in the second.

I hope Cartwright's not one of those stubborn coaches that refuses to swap Preston back because poeple are bagging his ability to take the high ball.
    The main issue is having a 5/8 that can create an opportunity for his outside backs. We have other players that can play fullback but not 5/8.

South caoch Tayler tried Sutton at 5/8 first game of the season and to his credit swapped him to lock second game...good on him!

Hilder is a 2nd rower or hooker, why Cartwright persists with playing a Dally M halfback and premiership winning 5/8, who happens to be just over 5ft, a feather weight and a nightmare under the highball at fullback, I have no idea.

Apparently Hilder is under a bit of an injury cloud so maybe Campbell will get his shot this weekend. I'd like to see Rogers not having to baby sit his winger too, give him a run at fullback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I agree,id like to see matt at fullback and then chris walker weave his magic on the wing when hes back to replace..hmmmmm which one,paea seems solid enough but to me lacks the killer instinct needed as a winger,chris has that in abundance,jury still out on sideshow bob but hes going ok.Its a crime to leave campbell at full back after i watched the damage he did pre-season against the panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Apparently Hilder is under a bit of an injury cloud so maybe Campbell will get his shot this weekend. I'd like to see Rogers not having to baby sit his winger too, give him a run at fullback.
    Just for a test with positional changes, I hope they rest Hilder for this match. I don't like players having to miss matches because of injury and don't wish this on anyone, but I think be need something to help test some other positional options.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.