Henderson
    Cooper
    Laffranci
    Swain

Meyers
    Stosic
    Minichello
    Amos

Mathers is a safer option at fullback. Presto looked good at first/2nd receiver last nite, I think he is better in the halves. I rate Odwyer at centre. Very creative, as is Rogers, and should set up plenty of opportunities for the great attacking wingers we have, Webster and Walker. IMO Webster is more a winger, and has better hands than Paea. Kahler is too small...would be better at 2nd row but I havnt found space for him in the team. Friend edges out Amos for starting hooker, even though amos has been impressive so far. Meyers on to the bench. I think he gives us more versatlilty within the forward pack, where he is able to play lock, 2nd row or front row. He also, along with Stosic, offers more size, something we are lacking slightly atm. Mini and Amos have been good so far, and deserve their spots ahead of the likes of Kahler and Graham

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer View Post
    This would be my team with all players fit
    1. Matt Rogers
    2. Matt Peterson
    3. Josh Graham
    4. Jake Webster
    5. Chris Walker
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9.) Nathan Friend
    10. James Stosic
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Gavin Cooper
    13. Matt Hilder

Interchange
    14. Michael Henderson
    15. Kris Kahler
    16. Mark Minicello
    17. Clint Amos
    Your right , we have a international fullback in our team , yet we have him the centres , Hilder is solid at best , but wont take us to a premiership , get Preston in there ASAP , and our biggest achilles heel the wing we need Walker , Paea was a lot better on Monday and Sideshow was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey's Angel27 View Post
    Why isnt Friendy starting?

I thoght that he moved from Melbourne back to Gold Coast because it gave him a better chance of being in the starting 13 and not sitting on the bench as much.

I have nothing against Clint Amos. but i think Nathan would suit better in starting the match.

And im extremely annoyed because 10 minutes into the game, mum stole the remote control and made me watch biggest loser and some other crap so i missed the whole game :angry:
    I agree, Nathan Friend looks very dangerous and deserves the number 9. Amos look pretty good there, but Friend looks like he has the potential to be one of the best number 9 in the comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

While Amos has impressed me, I still think he's a back-up at best. I would be naming a fullback or winger on the bench to give Friend a rest and move Preston into Hooker or 5/8 at 30 and 70 minute mark with Hilder moving into the forward rotation - probably at lock.

I also think that Gavin Cooper should be used as a centre with Brad Meyers playing prop and Kahler dropping back into 2nd row. Cooper would be a handful at centre and I reckon Webster would be far better on the wing. The hitup after the wing/fullback takes it up would be by Cooper on his side of the field. My side then is

1. Preston Campbell moving to 5/8 after 20 min (potentially alternating at hooker with Hilder to give Friend rests before halftime)
    2. Jake Webster
    3. Gavin Cooper
    4. Matt Rogers
    5. Chris Walker
    6. Matt Hilder
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Brad Meyers
    11. Kris Kahler
    12. Anthony Laffranchi
    13. Mark Minichiello (I'm not a Luke Swain fan)

14. Josh Graham/Richie Mathers (on after 20 when Preston switches - Graham potentially to the wing/centre where Walker/Rogers would move to fullback)
    15. Michael Henderson
    16. Michael Hodgson/James Stosic (not fussy here)
    17. Luke O'dwyer/Swain

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I also think that Gavin Cooper should be used as a centre with Brad Meyers playing prop and Kahler dropping back into 2nd row. Cooper would be a handful at centre and I reckon Webster would be far better on the wing. The hitup after the wing/fullback takes it up would be by Cooper on his side of the field. My side then is

1. Preston Campbell moving to 5/8 after 20 min (potentially alternating at hooker with Hilder to give Friend rests before halftime)
    Campbell will be dizzy before half time
    We have a few potential centres....i don't know that Cooper would be first choice.

I'd go with:
    1. Mathers
    2. Walker
    3. Rogers
    4. Webster
    5. Petersen
    6. Campbell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Myers
    12. Laffranchi
    13. Swain

14. Graham
    15. Hilder
    16. Minichello
    17. Kahler

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

This is who I'd like to see with no injuries...

1. Mathers
    2. Walker
    3. Webster
    4. Rogers
    5. Peterson
    6. Presto
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Minichello
    13. Swain

14. Amos
    15. O'Dwyer
    16. Kahler
    17. Myers

The sooner Preston gets moved the 5/8 the better! Give someone who has good attack and can combine good with Prince and get the defence on their back feet. Hilder is not that man from what I've seen...

GO THE MAROONS!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I'd like

1. Parfitt
    2. Webster
    3. Rogers
    4. Mathers
    5. Walker
    6. Cambell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Laffaranchi
    12. Minichello
    13. Hilder

14. Kahler
    15. Swain
    16. Myers
    17. Stosic

I think the key is having a fullback play fullback and having a 5/8 play 5/8 and a lock laying lock

Eg. Campell is better at 5/8 he can direct things and organise good passes to the likes of rogers.

Hilder is a defensive dynamo, thus very good at lock and can have his runs when he needs to.

Parfitt will be a more stable fullback and will get good kick returns.

Hmm ... you will heard the call for changes this week I feel.

I think it is time to at least start Preston Campbell at five-eight. I cannot fault Preston's courage from fullback or his effort, though he just ain't the answer. Sure, he makes plenty of metres from the back though he can be just as effective from five-eight alternating between second receiver and dummy half.

I haven't been all too impressed with Gavin Cooper to start the year it must be said. He had a great off-season and hasn't came on like I would have hoped. Let's hope he turns the corner soon.

Lelea Paea I think needs to spend some time in the QLD Cup. He is lacking confidence and looks a little out his depth at the moment.

I don't think we hit the panic button - it is only round four around the corner - I think we do however conceed that Preston partnering Prince is our best attacking option. Hilder should be in the 17, though I think in the forwards or as our utility sub.

Yep i agree.

I would however put Hilder at Lock.

To me that gives us another option, and as good as swainn is going, hhe doesnt even look like breaking the line.

With 3 ball players in Prince preston and Hilder at the line, and a guy like Rogers sniffing around the play from the back, we should have no problems scoring tries.

PS Hurry back Walker, i never thought i would say that, but his speed and variety is a massive hole at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I think I would like Preston to come of the bench and be the zip zip man when the opposition forwards get tired. I know it worked well in the trials.

Richie Mathers SHOULD BE back this week - do we rush him in to the first grade side when he is yet to experience the week to week rigours? It would be a tough ask though something I think he is up to doing.

If not, I wouldn't mind pushing Rogers back there where he would find some open space - space he is not getting in the centres where is not getting much clean ball. It would do his confidence the world of good too.

Another one is Myers, we need some more Mongrel up front.

He must be ready to roll is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Meyers was replaced as 18th man - his injury is a mystery.

As I have said before, Billy likes to keep the injury news close to his chest and a lot of the rugby league publications out there are working on guess work as am I.

Apart from the "mongrel" he would add, he bring experience up front and to the team.

You know what I think

Rogers back to fullback give him more room to move with the ball and get a head of steam.

Cambell- Go to 5/8th let him work with prince a bit.

Hilder to the bench as a hooker/where they need someone he could play in a second row position.