Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Junior Titan

After the first 3 competition rounds i am at a loss as to the reason why Matt Hilder is still playing 5/8. Other than good defence he is struggling with the basic skills and creative thinking that is required at NRL level for a good 5/8. I am sure that a lot of supporters would like to see at least a couple of positional changes so here's a smokey. Leave Presto at fullback.Move Prince to 5/8, Nathan Friend to halfback and Amos fulltime Hooker. I tend to agree with other views regarding Rodgers at fullback and Presto at 5/8 but don't forget that Friend would make a crafty little halfback as well. I think he and Prince would be a brilliant halves combination. Just an opinion, what do you reckon?
    Last edited by dean; 04-04-07 at 07:43 PM.

hilder at 5/8 leaves to much pressure on scott to create things in attack
    need more options

Red face

PHP Code:
    hilder at 5/8 leaves to much pressure on scott 

If you watched last weeks game against the bulldogs, Preston Campbell or Jake Webster were a lot of the times the first receiver from Prince, so Preston is coming in to the line for the attack but he is very dubious in defence, where Hilder does fill that gap. Early days the backline should start to click soon when Rogers gets back to NRL play.

Not only should Campbell be five-eighth for the Titans, he should be the five-eighth for teh Blues. I can't believe the Blues selectors last year thought moving the world's best centre to five-eighth to partner Gower was a good ploy to stop Lockyer and Thurston - puh-lease! What the Blues needed was someone with a bit of creative flair - enter Hey Presto. True, he's not the best defender in the game, but he does alright for his size, and I don't see Queensland worrying about Thurston and Lockyer's defensive deficiencies.

Back to the Titans, it seems so obvious to everyone bar John Cartwright that a Prince-Campbell combination would be absolute gold for this team. Surely when Mathers comes back from injury sanity will prevail.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

o.m.g!! totally forgot about mathers!!.Thats why he was signed from england in the first place,to make the no 1 his position.How long till he,s right to play?,i think when richie is fit a shuffle might be on the cards,great comment steel..

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon View Post
    Surely when Mathers comes back from injury sanity will prevail.
    We can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.