Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Round 3: Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans

Bulldogs Vs Gold Coast Titans
    Sunday 1st April, 2:00 pm; Telstra Stadium, Sydney

Referee: Gavin Badger

Team Notes:

Bulldogs
    Steve Folkes has made one change to the side to meet the Titans this Sunday at Telstra Stadium as part of the Bulldogs Legends Week celebrations.

Corey Hughes returns from an ankle injury that he incurred in round one. Adam Perry drops back to Premier League.

Luke Patten will run out for his 150th game for the Bulldogs this Sunday (149 First Grade, 1 World Club Challenge), while captain Andrew Ryan will make his 100th appearance for the Club (99 First Grade, 1 Premier League).

Supporters attending the game this Sunday will be treated to an historical first when over 200 players from the Berries and Bulldogs first grade sides will march onto Telstra Stadium as part of the Bulldogs? Legend?s Week festivities.
    Titans
    Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright has named an unchanged line up for Sundays NRL clash against the Bulldogs in Sydney.

Brad Meyers has been included on an extended bench after recovering from a pre-season ankle injury.

The squad will depart from the Jetstar terminal at Gold Coast Airport at 2.00pm on Saturday afternoon, with the match scheduled for 2.00pm on Sunday.

Teams:

Bulldogs
    1. Luke Patten
    2. Hazem El Masri
    3. Daryl Millard
    4. Willie Tonga
    5. Trent Cutler
    6. Daniel Holdsworth
    7. Ben Roberts
    8. Mark O'Meley
    9. Corey Hughes
    10. Willie Mason
    11. Nick Kouparitsas
    12. Andrew Ryan (c)
    13. Reni Maitua
    Interchange:
    14. Dallas McIlwain
    15. Chris Armit
    16. Kane Cleal
    17. Jarrad Hickey

Titans

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Lelea Paea
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Jake Webster
    5. Matthew Petersen
    6. Matthew Hilder
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Clint Amos
    10. Kris Kahler
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Gavin Cooper
    13. Luke Swain
    Interchange:
    14. Josh Graham
    15. Michael Henderson
    16. Mark Minichiello
    17. Nathan Friend
    20. Brad Meyers
    (one to be omitted)

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***
    Last edited by Queenslander; 27-03-07 at 04:44 PM.

I will be at Telstra Stadium - looking forward to it. Unfortunately Sonny-Bill won't be playing though.

Who would have thought, the Bulldogs come in to the match on 0pts.

My initial thoughts are Titans, judging on the previous week.

Although if the Titans have a weakness, I reckon its in the forwards, and if the Doggies have a strength I reckon its in the same place, so it should be a cracker of a game. Certainly a tough one to pick, but I hope the Titans take it, cause seeing the Dogs 3-0 down would be be lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    My initial thoughts are Titans, judging on the previous week.

Although if the Titans have a weakness, I reckon its in the forwards, and if the Doggies have a strength I reckon its in the same place, so it should be a cracker of a game. Certainly a tough one to pick, but I hope the Titans take it, cause seeing the Dogs 3-0 down would be be lovely.
    Should be interesting that is for sure CS...

I reckon the Bulldogs will come out firing for this one... there is nothing like being 0 from 2 to get a side like the Doggies fired up, not to mention first home game of the season and the legends parade that is going to happen, it's going to be a big day.

I can assure you that the Titans though will also give a big fight and they won't make this easy... I hope for a good game and a nice start at home for the Dogs... but I also hope the Titans give us a game, which I am sure will happen....

Can't wait for Sunday, should be an awesome event...

are forwards for more of a defensive pack i rkn
    i rkn we win this but more then 13 i rkn, thats wat i am putting money on
    if presto is 5/8 he be motm if not baily or prince

if presto stays at fb he be bombed away, sharks didnt really bomb him, i rkn folks will notice that n do it all night to him

anyway cant wait for see the titans colours 1st hand
    but i hvnt got any titans gear yet no dosh atm to get anyhting killing me
    cya sunday boys

Wake-up call stirs Bulldogs

By Daniel Pace
    March 27, 2007
    LUKE Patten has accused Bulldogs teammates of letting pre-season hype over the team's NRL premiership chances get to their heads.

The Bulldogs are equal third favourites to win the 2007 title despite a disastrous start to the season with losses to Newcastle and Penrith.

TAB Sportsbet lists the Bulldogs at $8 to win the competition, equal with Manly but behind Melbourne ($4.50) and North Queensland ($7).

Patten said today he is still hurting from last Friday's "embarrassing" 40-10 thrashing by the Panthers at CUA Stadium.

"I hope everyone's hurting - I definitely am," said the veteran fullback.
    "It was embarrassing and un-Bulldog-like and it's not good enough for the start of the year.

"I'm hoping we have a hard week of training. All the talk of us being favourites in the pre-season hasn't helped.

"Maybe some people let that get to their head a bit. Maybe it's just the sort of wake-up call we needed.

"If we have a good week at training you'll definitely see a different Bulldogs performance on the weekend."

After losing key forwards Roy Asotasi (Souths) and Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters) at the end of last year, Patten said the Bulldogs didn't deserve to be tagged among premiership favourites in the pre-season.

"We've still got some young blokes in first grade who are finding their feet," he said.

"I know we've got all the big names like (Willie) Mason and Sonny Bill (Williams), but names don't win you footy games. It's people out there having a big dig as well.

"I definitely don't think we should be premiership favourites.
    "We're definitely going to be challenging for the title but I'd rather us come under the radar a little bit more."

Patten warned the Gold Coast Titans to expect a backlash from the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium on Sunday.

The Titans will be on a high after notching their first premiership win last night, coming from behind to edge out Cronulla 18-16 in a Carrara thriller.

"They're coming off a big Monday night of football and they're up against us who have lost two in a row," said Patten.

"It's probably not a good time to meet us. Over the last few years we've prided ourselves on bouncing back from losses so this week will be no different."
    The Bulldogs will again be without Sonny Bill Williams who does not return until round four after his send off and suspension for a high shot on Newcastle captain Andrew Johns in the opening minutes of the season.

The Cowboys have rocketed into premiership favouritism on the back of impressive wins over Brisbane and the Roosters, and the devastating form of skipper Johnathan Thurston and dynamic fullback Matt Bowen.

But Patten noted that last year North Queensland won its opening six matches before collapsing in a heap.

"As weird as it sounds, I'd rather be having a couple of losses and not be playing that great at the start of the year than doing that at the end of the year," he said.

"It is a long season. It's not panic stations for us by a long shot but we definitely need to improve."

AAP

Pattern trying to convince himself or us?

There is never a good time to meet any team in this competition.

You either turn up to play, or you get flogged.

This game will be a good test for our forwards, but after the way our forwards handled the big Panthers pack, im looking forward to the contest.

Titans need to utilise a similar game plan to what the Cowboys use against the Dogs, with Preston sniffing around the middle looking for offloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Bulldogs' Hughes returns against Titans

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has made one change to the side to meet the Titans this Sunday at Telstra Stadium as part of the Bulldogs Legends Week celebrations.

[z]1862[/z] Corey Hughes returns from an ankle injury that he incurred in round one. Adam Perry drops back to Premier League.

1. Luke Patten
    2. Hazem El Masri
    3. Daryl Millard
    4. Willie Tonga
    5. Trent Cutler
    6. Daniel Holdsworth
    7. Ben Roberts
    8. Mark O'Meley
    9. Corey Hughes
    10. Willie Mason
    11. Nick Kouparitsas
    12. Andrew Ryan (c)
    13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:
    14. Dallas McIlwain
    15. Chris Armit
    16. Kane Cleal
    17. Jarrad Hickey

Fullback Luke Patten will run out for his 150th game for the Bulldogs this Sunday (149 First Grade, 1 World Club Challenge), while captain Andrew Ryan will make his 100th appearance for the Club (99 First Grade, 1 Premier League).

Supporters attending the game this Sunday will be treated to an historical first when over 200 players from the Berries and Bulldogs first grade sides will march onto Telstra Stadium as part of the Bulldogs? Legend?s Week festivities.

Source: www.bulldogs.com.au

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

To be honest, this is such a hard one to tip.

The Dogs are on rough ground at hte moment, with a rocky start, and its hard to know which dogs will show up?

Whilst the Titans have won one, they're still playing some inconsistent footy, which is to be expected, once again, who knows what will turn up?

Difficult.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan Club Captain

Beware of the wounded Dog

The Bulldogs will come out wanting a win this round.

I hope we do!

Should be a very interesting game!

Also congrats to Bobcat and Luke Patten!

Titans team:

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Lelea Paea
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Jake Webster
    5. Matthew Petersen
    6. Matthew Hilder
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Clint Amos
    10. Kris Kahler
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Gavin Cooper
    13. Luke Swain

Subs:
    14. Josh Graham
    15. Michael Henderson
    16. Mark Minichiello
    17. Nathan Friend
    20. Brad Meyers
    (one to be omitted)

This will be a cracker of a game! I am gunna tip the Titans with Bulldogs bad form of late.

This game is going to be televised on channel 9 Sundee arvo i take it?

GO THE MAROONS!

As expected, Carty stuck with the winning side looking for more continuity which will only by keeping the core unit together as much as possible form warranting.

Not sure Robbie Dee... hopefully it will... maybe I can get on TV...

Nah seriously Congrats to The General and Bobcat on those amazing milestones, true troopers of the club and although they weren't always ours from the juniors, we have adopted them as our own and it will be a proud moment to see them run out on Sunday... lets hope the team can get a win for them...

Good to see Hughes is back, as much as I like Nugget, Hughes offers a few more options and will provide stability to the likes of Benny and DJ. I reckon I agree with Kim on this one.. beware of the wounded Bulldog....

wats word on mathers?
    i wanan see him play!