Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

That sucked.

How many times do we need to lose before Cambell gets moved to his postion?

Also we are going to drive Rogers into early retirement, he doesnt see the ball and he has to babysit the winger in defence.

We are working with the Broncos game plan, shut down one player, and we are screwed.

Preston needs to be in the line to at the very least provide another option for attack.

1. Rogers - less defence, great attcking option
    2. Peterson
    3. Graham
    4. Webster
    5. ?
    6. Preston
    7. Prince

That gives us 2 extra attacking options.

Also one other thing, why didnt a forward put one on that thug Omeleys chin?

That guy smahed around our forwards like a man beating little kids, stand up for yourselves and smack that thug in the mouth. He nearly crushed Princes windpipe on the tryline with a knee in the neck. In saying that, great game from Shrek, he totally DOMINATED 6 forwards and a halfback single handed.

bah ill calm down soon i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Just finished watching it on TV.

Oh it was tough and for the first time it was hard not being at the ground cheering them on, watching them go up against the Bulldogs from television.

I was disgusted with O'Meley putting his knee on Prince's face over the try line and then he started bouncing up and down on his face.

1. Rogers
    2. Peterson
    3. Graham
    4. Webster
    5. Barnes? (Walker when he returns.)
    6. Preston
    7. Prince
    I really would like to see Preston moved.

Unfortunately their forwards dominated ours. I thought we played well for a good portion of the game but the dam burst towards the end. But I think we will take away and learn alot from the unfortunate defeat.

Also the drums at the Dogs games are good but they need to ban the whistles for obvious reasons, it interferes with game play.

I missed the first half of the game on TV, I thought it was on at 3pm. So I only heard the first half on the radio, looking forward to a full replay.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 01-04-07 at 04:31 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan Club Captain

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

GOOOO THE DOGGGGGGGIES!!

We played sloppy in areas, but we looked really good in others, BIG IMPROVEMENT FROM THE PANTHERS GAME!!!

Lol, the Titan's only try wasnt even a genuine try!

-Cutler played pretty well today, wonder who will get the wing spot.
    -Roberts back to PL next week, or on the bench (i'm hoping on the bench)
    -Hazem the birthday boy was superb, as was Mason, Tonga, Patten, Ryan, O'Meley.

Man i'm gutted that we prolly wont be able to keep Shrek

Man i'm gutted that we prolly wont be able to keep Shrek [/QUOTE]

I thought Shrek had a typical Shrek game. He's a thug and that's how he plays, like a thug. Although he does his job and muscles up in the forwards and is very intimidating, there was no need to jump up and down on Princey's head the way he did, that's just pathetic. Big guy on little guy, real manly thing to do :disgust:
    :beer: :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007 View Post
    Man i'm gutted that we prolly wont be able to keep Shrek

I thought Shrek had a typical Shrek game. He's a thug and that's how he plays, like a thug. Although he does his job and muscles up in the forwards and is very intimidating, there was no need to jump up and down on Princey's head the way he did, that's just pathetic. Big guy on little guy, real manly thing to do :disgust:[/QUOTE]

I think we will hear more about that ... Prince is quoted in the paper (Telegraph) as being most displeased with what looked like an intentional knee to the head.

Anyone kneeing intentionally should suffer same suspension as a spear tackle or a deliberate high tackle.

www.titans.com.au
    Written by: Deegan Lewis

Jetstar Titans go down to Bulldogs

In front of 14,675 fans, a rejuvenated Canterbury Bulldogs side defeated the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans 22-6 at Telstra Stadium on Sunday.

Led by Test forwards Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley, the Bulldogs dominated field position and time in possession to post their first win of the 2007 season as the Titans tasted defeat for the second time this season.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright was pleased with the effort of his players though conceded it would take more than that to win consistently each week.

"Good sides don't give you too many chances," said Cartwright.

"They have got a lot of dangerous players. If they are operating with a high percentage of the ball and if they are making you tackle as much as they made us tackle, they are going to come up with tries.

"I thought our effort was great but it takes more than effort to win at this level."

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans were the first team on the scoreboard after twenty-two minutes when Preston Campbell converted a penalty given by Reni Maitua.

Willie Tonga opened the scoring for Canterbury eight minutes from half time when supporting workaholic captain Andrew Ryan who put the former Origin and Test centre in to the clear.

The try wasn't without contrversy though, as there was a hint of obstruction from Willie Tonga on Titans co-captain Scott Prince that led to the initial line break. Video ref Paul Simpkins ruled in favour of the Canterbury Bulldogs leaving coach John Cartwright scratching his head.

"I think they (officials) have got themselves in a tangle with that one," said Cartwright.
    "We are so intent on watching guys run around the back.
    "The fact that he didn't run behind him didn't matter, he took two of our defenders out."

Trailing 6-2 after half time, the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans went in to the sheds having completed thirty more tackles than their opponent.

Gavin Badger penalised Mark Minichiello seven minutes in to the second half for an infringement at the play the ball and the following set of six saw Trent Cutler cross in the left hand corner to extend the Bulldogs lead. After the conversion, the Bulldogs led 12-2 with thirty minutes to play.

Inspirational prop Mark O'Meley scored his first try of the season crashing over next to the goal posts at the sixty-minute mark. After some earlier handling errors, O'Meley asserted himself on the game with strong running and heavy hitting on the Titans forward pack.

"It was inspirational with him leading the way like that. We needed something, and he supplied it," said fellow Bulldog Willie Mason who was also at his damaging best.

Matt Petersen scored a try with nine minutes to play, which gave some hope to late fight back by the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans. Anthony Laffranchi was pulled down five metres from the try line and squeezed the ball out to Petersen who strolled over for his second try of the season.

Trent Cutler crossed in the dying stages bagging his double for the day capping what was a good performance from the Bulldog winger.

Canterbury coach Steve Folkes was relieved to get their maiden win for 2007 though acknowledged his side still had room to improve.

"We got the two points but it wasn't pretty," Folkes said. "Kevin Moore (Bulldogs assistant coach) rated it in the top five most boring games.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are on the road again in round four taking on the Penrith Panthers who are in good forming coming off back to back wins over Brisbane and Canterbury.

Canterbury Bulldogs (22) Tries: Willie Tonga, Trent Cutler (2), Mark O'Meley Goals: Hazem El Masri (3/4) def. Gold Coast Titans (6) Tries: Matt Petersen Goals: Preston Campbell (1/2)

Bulldogs forwards just simply out played the Titans forwards thats the reason they lost. Apart from all the drop ball

Spot on Rabbitoh.. I am happy because my side finally registered a win, but in the end it was a match with about as much excitement as a broken balloon and really the Bulldogs were just more experienced and at home... they won from that.

The whistle DIEHARD aren't actually whistles as such, they are sort of wind making things that were being sold at the ground yesterday... they make a really high pitched sound, but I saw them and thought the same thing.

As for the game, great grinding game by the Bulldogs... I was so pleased to see our defense improve and our wide ball plays happening... we have some pace out there so we should use it. The forwards were great and I must say I thought Willie and Shrek had equally great games. In the end we grinded a win and were just too experienced for the Titans...

I thought Cutler had a fantastic game and supported well... Hughes helped the structure at Hooker and Tonga was making some good breaks, with Patten and El Masri being their regular awesome selves.

For the Titans credit to Bailey who worked like a horse, Friend looked good and Petersen was strong in patches, making lots of breaks. I know it was a loss, but Titans fans, there was still some good signs in terms of defense out of it, they could have crumbled further in that 2nd half but they stopped numerous chances for the tryline.

As for Tonga's try, well I reckon like the commentators after watching the replay and being at the game, that he was trying to get the pass from Ryan, Prince ran into him and therefore it's not obstruction... I mean if a player can't run to get a ball from another player in the line, what will happen to the game.

As for O'Meley, yes having seen the replay last night, it wasn't pretty and he deserve a week for it... and he will get one sadly... it was unfortunate but not pretty... as for whether the Titans would have won had he not done it, highly doubtful.... I think on the day the Bulldogs were the better side and got the win they deserved.... but rest assured, the Titans will be back and Penrith better not slack off or expect a hiding on Sunday...

It also helps when one of your forwards knees the opposition halfback in the head.

O'Meley should be rubbed out for at least as many games as his mate SBW. I hope he contests the charge and has it upheld

From www.foxsports.com.au

Ogre charged with kneeing

April 02, 2007 BULLDOGS prop Mark O'Meley has been charged with kneeing an opponent during the club's win over Gold Coast yesterday.

O'Meley is facing a grade-one dropping knees charge after the match review committee took exception at his late attempt to prevent Titans captain Scott Prince from scoring at Telstra Stadium.

The charge carries a one-game ban for an early guilty plea, or two weeks if O'Meley unsuccessfully fights the charge at the NRL judiciary.

The Bulldogs are unable to seek a downgrade of the charge as it is was given the lowest possible grading.

The incident occurred in the 53rd minute of the Bulldogs' 22-6 win, Prince stopped just short of the line as he attempted to reach out to score.

Penrith full back Rhys Wesser and North Queensland lock Justin Smith were also charged, but both can escape punishment with early guilty pleas.

Wesser was charged with grade one contrary conduct for lashing out at Justin Hodges with his leg as the Brisbane centre crossed for one of his four tries.

Smith was charged over a grapple tackle in his side's win over St George-Illawarra.

Dragons prop Justin Poore escaped punishment for his tackle that left Cowboys prop Carl Webb with a broken jaw.

Television replays appeared to show Poore's shoulder coming into contact with Webb's head.

AAP