Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Souths Crowds?

Glad to see Souths going well... but I reckon only those who bought tickets to this game should be counted on the PAX tonight.

I reckon Souths will break the ground record at Telstra easily tonight... and if they don't it will be very embrassing... considering Crowe has been giving away 1000 tickets, you get free entry if you buy a ticket to the easter show, you get free entry if your a Bulldogs member...

It's all great for the game don't get me wrong and well done to Souths for doing it and making the game more available to all... but I reckon PAX numbers for any team should be based on those who buy tickets to the game... not who get in free for any reason.

Des you imbecile - Souths have won 20 premierships. Surely that counts for something? We've already been through a bout of killing off "underperforming" teams - it was called "The Superleague War", "Re-unification" and "Rationalisation". And it did irretrievable damage to the game. Gone are Wests, Balmain, St. George and Illawarra as standalone clubs. North Sydney, Hunter, Adelaide, South Queensland and Perth are gone altogether. Norths in particular were dudded. Promised a licence on condition of moving to Gosford, then having that licence revoked when prolonged poor weather conditions delayed the upgrading of the stadium. How fair was that?

I put the quotes around "underperforming" because the criteria set up by the NRL to measure this were rigged. The teams from one half of the league i.e. those owned by News Limited (Brisbane, Warriors, Cronulla, Penrith, Canberra, Melbourne, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Adelaide, Perth) were given an unfair leg-up from their owners (Adelaide and Perth were killed off as an appeasement for killing so many ARL teams). How can it be fair when the mob deciding the criteria are the same mob with a controlling interest in the ownership of half the teams? By far the worst case is the Melbourne Storm - they have next to no membership, and can only afford the team they have thanks to being pumped full of money by News Ltd. If Melbourne were to stop being artificially propped up, they would fold in 10 seconds. The fact Melbourne were set up AFTER it had been announced there would be a reduction in teams was simply cruel to the legion of fans who supported any one of the traditional teams.

Souths, on the other hand, have a huge membership and are backed by a well-funded leagues club, not to mention a huge junior base. And now they are also backed by two rich guys who are obsessed with the team - what possible reason is there to boot them?

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Geez Steel Dragon. If you don't like the posts, dont reply YOU imbecile. I'm only posting thoughts. No need to get nasty. Maybe they should kick the Saints out as well. I'd be happy then just to upset you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Glad to see Souths going well... but I reckon only those who bought tickets to this game should be counted on the PAX tonight.

I reckon Souths will break the ground record at Telstra easily tonight... and if they don't it will be very embrassing... considering Crowe has been giving away 1000 tickets, you get free entry if you buy a ticket to the easter show, you get free entry if your a Bulldogs member...

It's all great for the game don't get me wrong and well done to Souths for doing it and making the game more available to all... but I reckon PAX numbers for any team should be based on those who buy tickets to the game... not who get in free for any reason.

Well I must say that congratulations to the crowd out there last night, broke the crowd record for regular round match at Telstra Stadium and was done with only 2000 tickets given away.... that is really great to see so many genuine supporters coming out and supporting both teams and the atmosphere looked great...

Great to see Souths supported in force and lets hope they can keep the crowds up even after the loss, and GO THE BULLDOGS crowd, they looked great and showed Souths that Telstra isn't just Souths home, it's just as much ours as well...

they have a unique style of play dont they
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

So the Rabbitts finally got a record crowd. YAY. Shame all of their supporters wasted money to go and see the game on the false hope that they were going to win 4 in a row. The Doggies smashed em. I never seen Russell or Peter looking so sad. Their goes our millions. Hahahahaha.

Who do you follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans View Post
    Who do you follow?
    Hehehe. Does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans View Post
    Who do you follow?
    This is the thing about an NRL Forum. I have not made my affiliations known to anybody. I can say what I want and when I want and noboby will ever know who I back. Gotta love anominity.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    This is the thing about an NRL Forum. I have not made my affiliations known to anybody. I can say what I want and when I want and noboby will ever know who I back. Gotta love anominity.LOL
    Why bother to post then? It gives you a little rush?

anonymity??

What a cop out - your words have little credence for me now. How can I respect the opinion of someone who is happy to put the boot into other fans for their allegiances without publically supporting their own...

Everyone here knows I bleed Red and White (closely followed by blue, yellow? and white.) but the point is that I support my team and follow them no matter what - I dont hide behind a refusal to publically support my team whilse kicking others for their choices. I personally dont like the Rabbits but respect thaose that are passionate about them.

You on the other hand have no loyalty to a team that we know off but are willing to lay into others for theirs????

As for Rabbitohs.com - of course a club website is going to have a large amount of members - I was referring to general league websiotes like leagueunlimited.com I would be dissapointed with Souths fans if their websites didnt have more members thatn the Titans given the amount of time they have been around and how popular they supposedly are...

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Rome wasn't re-built in a day. Trust me Rusty and Peter and Souths fans will be very happy with 3 from 4 games.

The Bunnies were reminded that they need to learn how to win the tough games and will not reach their potential if they can not master the critical pressure game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Rome wasn't re-built in a day. Trust me Rusty and Peter and Souths fans will be very happy with 3 from 4 games.

The Bunnies were reminded that they need to learn how to win the tough games and will not reach their potential if they can not master the critical pressure game.
    So true.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Ok Guys and Girls. Since you are all getting so upset about who I barrack for, I will tell you! GO THE BRONCOS! And before the Broncos came into the comp it was the Doggies. Do you all want to know my QRL sides as well? Or when I first started playing league?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink View Post
    anonymity??

What a cop out - your words have little credence for me now. How can I respect the opinion of someone who is happy to put the boot into other fans for their allegiances without publically supporting their own...

Everyone here knows I bleed Red and White (closely followed by blue, yellow? and white.) but the point is that I support my team and follow them no matter what - I dont hide behind a refusal to publically support my team whilse kicking others for their choices. I personally dont like the Rabbits but respect thaose that are passionate about them.

You on the other hand have no loyalty to a team that we know off but are willing to lay into others for theirs????

As for Rabbitohs.com - of course a club website is going to have a large amount of members - I was referring to general league websiotes like leagueunlimited.com I would be dissapointed with Souths fans if their websites didnt have more members thatn the Titans given the amount of time they have been around and how popular they supposedly are...
    Nasty Nasty