Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titansroostersfan View Post
    the game will be on nrl site tomorrow going to watch the game.

Just have to wait till tomorrow

geez what a night for the titans and there name first on the trophey they where playing for.
    I got game taped for me

Congratulations To The Gold Coast Titans On Their First NRL Win..

What a great game... perhaps not the most greatest win you'll ever see, but it's a win at home in Game 1... fantastic win... and it's great to see the celebration and the massive crowds screaming and cheering...

I must say a big congrats to Bailey and Prince for leading the side so well, to all the team for never giving up and never giving in and to the fans for creating such an atmosphere and getting the team home.

There are plenty of improvements to be made, but those are for tomorrow, tonight we should all celebrate the Titans first win in the NRL, and may there be many more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Congratulations To The Gold Coast Titans On Their First NRL Win..

What a great game... perhaps not the most greatest win you'll ever see, but it's a win at home in Game 1... fantastic win... and it's great to see the celebration and the massive crowds screaming and cheering...
    Cant wait for Round 8 when they take on the Cowboys ( Hope they have their current form leading into it )

Junior Titan

Hello Paddy.

Quote Originally Posted by corbally View Post
    Hello Paddy.
    Hey corbally Whats up?

Default Titans Stats - Round 2

Top Players

Preston Campbell - 10 Points...1 Try....3 Goals...2 Line Break...3 tackles...147 metres.

Scott Prince- 14 tackles...5 missed tackles...66 metre

Luke Bailey-31 tackles...3 missed...13 hitups...1 offload...162 metres

Matt Petersen- 4 points..1 try..1 line break..10 tackles..79 metres

Laffranchi- 40 tackles...7 hitups..2 offloads..119 metres
    Last edited by titansroostersfan; 26-03-07 at 09:11 PM.

Tackles 290
    Line Break 5
    Hit Ups 61
    Missed Tackles 34
    Errors 10

Great stuff by the titans

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Poida View Post
    Hey corbally Whats up?

Just finished watching Titans win Since the SIDHE forums are kinda dead, i decided to come on here.

AWESOME win by the Titans!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Bring on next week!!!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Congrats Titans. A good game, maybe could have been a little better had Shane Hayne buggered off a bit. Don't get me wrong, not blaming the ref for the loss at all, I thought both teams could be dirty on his inconsistency.

Both teams can learn a lot from this match and I believe both will be better for the game.

Might say more tomorrow, still a bit cranky. But if I had to be beaten by anyone, I'm glad it was the Titans. Now with that match out of the way, I can ride both on the edge of my seat.

Once again, good win Titans. Fully deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Congrats Titans. A good game, maybe could have been a little better had Shane Hayne buggered off a bit. Don't get me wrong, not blaming the ref for the loss at all, I thought both teams could be dirty on his inconsistency.
    He was pretty shabby tonight, luckily enough though his bad calls evened out between both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post

Both teams can learn a lot from this match and I believe both will be better for the game.

Might say more tomorrow, still a bit cranky. But if I had to be beaten by anyone, I'm glad it was the Titans. Now with that match out of the way, I can ride both on the edge of my seat.

Once again, good win Titans. Fully deserved.
    Onya Sharkey........Yep well done Titans!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Here it is... a piece of history, one of the first news reports of the GC's maiden NRL win....

Titans bag maiden win

The NRL's newest franchise has taken just two rounds to open their account, with the Gold Coast Titans coming from behind to beat the Sharks 18-16 in a thriller at Carrara Stadium on Monday evening.

Down 16-6 with 30 minutes remaining, Wests Tigers recruit Scott Prince and former Shark Preston Campbell combined to steer the Titans home in their first NRL match on the Gold Coast.

Prince and five-eighth Matt Hilder put Mark Minichiello over in the 57th minute and then Prince's short pass to Campbell saw the little full-back force his way over with six minutes remaining.

Campell made it three conversions from three to put the Titans in front and ultimately give them the win.

The Sharks led 10-6 at half-time in "the battle of the beaches" after scoring just seconds before the break.

They had opened proceedings inside the first minute, capitalising on a mistake from Campbell who tried to see a kick over the sideline.

Instead he watched on helplessly as Luke Covell toed the ball through for Reece Williams who scored.

The Titans bounced back in the 17th minute with a try to winger Matt Petersen, making his NRL debut for the club in the absence of the injured Chris Walker.

Campbell tied up the scores but the Sharks ensured a lead at the break when North Queensland recruit Josh Hannay bamboozled Titans opposite Mat Rogers.

Deft footwork allowed Hannay to get a pass away to winger Fraser Anderson who crossed in the corner.

The Sharks extended their lead in the 50th minute with Anderson making the break which resulted in Williams going in under the posts for his second try.

But Titans coach John Cartwright had the last laugh against Ricky Stuart, his former mentor at the Sydney Roosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    He was pretty shabby tonight, luckily enough though his bad calls evened out between both teams.
    Oh, no doubt. I mean I was on spewing when it went against the Sharks, but after the emotions settled and I took off the Sharks hat I could see it went both ways. But Shane is a knob at the best of times so what can ya expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny
    Onya Sharkey........Yep well done Titans!
    I can be a sore loser if ya get to me within 10 mins of the game, but after a breather, and the emotions have settled, ya gotta realise you can't win 'em all and if your out done your out done. And thats what we were tonight. Full credit to the Titans. Like I said, both teams will learn a lot from this match and be better for it. Can't wait till the next time we meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I have a bit to do tonight which will include celebrating history though hats off to the Cronulla Sharks and in particular Lance Thompson who must be close to an Origin birth.

This was a quality throw back football game with neither side giving too much.

Cronulla will compete for a top eight spot on the back of their last two games - no doubt in my mind. They have the makings of a very good football side.