Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default as above...

or just better players keeping him out.. of qld cup centre spot

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I suspect if the Sharks want to rely on bombing Preston to win the match, they're going to be in for a shock.
    He may have had a bad match, but he's a champion player, and he'll be working damn hard on that aspect of his game. He really didn't do too badly from the back, took some great catches, let one bounce he shouldn't have, and spilled the one bomb. His other errors weren't from bombs.

That said, if they want to give him the ball over and over in broken play situations... go for it.
    He is a champion player, no doubts. Even more so when he's in the halves, or coming off the bench showing up tired, sloppy big fellas in defense.

The only thing he'll be getting in broken play is trampled by Birdy in full flight to the line
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man View Post
    or just better players keeping him out.. of qld cup centre spot
    You hit the nail on the head Dan after watching all of the Titans games so far & watching Delaney play for Seagulls last week it will take a big injury toll or massive turn around in form for him to be considered for a return to the NRL, he is playing like someone without confidence & his goal kicking is even worst.
    #itaintweaktospeak

This is a young kid (Delaney) who has picked up and made a tough decision to move away from a close knit family (know his cousin) and he is likely struggling with it. From what I understand his better half is up north now so that might help.

Brett is in our plans in 2007, I wouldn't read too much in to the fact he was on the bench. Keep in mind, he was listed in the 19 man sqaud and was cut by Cartwright when it was confirmed Rogers would play.

The fact he was on the bench would have something to do with the fact he hadn't trained with the team as far as I am concerned.

I will try and source more.

I hope things turn around for him Deegan, as a centre of his size would be a devastating player inside Rogers but as i have said before it's probably only his confidence in his own ability thats causing him a form slump you only had to watch his own reactions to his goal kicking last Sunday playing for Seagulls he wasn't happy at all but he did have a hand in 2 of Petersens tries so hopefully a return to form is near .
    #itaintweaktospeak

Prince determined to play against Sharks
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 7:31 PM
    Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince hasn't missed an NRL match through injury in three years and he's determined to keep it that way.

The Titans play their first home game at Gold Coast Stadium against Cronulla on Monday night but former Kangaroos and Queensland Origin halfback Prince is in doubt with an ankle injury.

Coach John Cartwright will wrap his star playmaker in wool this week before making a decision on Prince's availability on Sunday.

"We're doing everything we can to get him on to the paddock," Cartwright said.

"He's very keen to play being our first home game."

Prince is "90 per cent" certain he'll be fit to play but it could hinge on a precautionary MRI scan on Thursday.

"I'm pretty confident," said the 27-year-old, who rolled his ankle during the Titans' 20-18 loss to St George Illawarra on Sunday.

"I haven't missed a game (through injury) in three years, touch wood.

"I'm 90 per cent sure that I'll play. The 10 per cent is up to the doctor, I reckon. He's got the last say.

"Worst-case scenario, I'll only miss a week but hopefully it doesn't come to that."

Prince last missed an NRL match in 2004 when he was stood down from the Wests Tigers due to representative duties with the Queensland Origin team.

But he hasn't missed a game through injury since 2003 when he suffered the second of two broken legs during his three seasons with Brisbane.

It was a horrific period for Prince, whose father Les was killed in a car accident while travelling to Townsville in March 2001.

Cartwright said the loss of tryscoring machine Chris Walker (broken thumb), sidelined for 6-8 weeks, would be a huge loss for the Titans.

"You've got to have tryscorers to win games and he definitely does that," he said.

Source: AAP

Fingers crossed it all goes well for Prince. Sounds like it isn't too serious, they're just being careful.

I agree with Cartwright about Walker, it's a huge loss. We've got other guys who can find the line, but Walker seemed in freakishly good form, a bit like Amos Roberts for the Panthers a couple years ago. Given a one year contract, broke into first grade and blew everyone off the park.

I see they have named Matt Petersen to replace Walker on the Wing. I thought he too was injured after watching him get carried of at half time on the weekend for the Seagulls. Any reports on his fitness?
    Smithy
    Titan Fan #1
    Bring on 2007

Both Matt Petersen and Scott Prince are in some doubt.

Prince is listed as 50-50 to play - I think he will.

Not to sure about Side Show Bob ... we have options if he is out in any event.

Default Titans go hunting the Shark

Quote Originally Posted by www.gcbulletin.com.au
    24Mar07

TITANS coach John Cartwright is optimistic his side has the attacking ****nal to find a chink in Cronulla's new-look armour under their renowned defensive mentor Ricky Stuart.

The Sharks created a slice of rugby league history in their opening round 18-0 win over Penrith last Saturday night, becoming the first team in seven years to hold the 2003 premiers to nil in a match.

Cronulla's defensive stranglehold had all the hallmarks of former Sydney Roosters coach Stuart, who turned the Tri-Colours into one of the most formidable defensive outfits of the modern era.

But Cartwright, who was assistant to Stuart at the Roosters, said he was confident the Gold Coast could 'ask a lot of questions' of the Sharks defence after creating a good many scoring opportunities in their 20-18 debut loss to St George Illawarra last weekend.

In a major boost to the Titans' attacking flair, chief playmaker Scott Prince is all but guaranteed a start after running freely on his injured left ankle at training under lights at Gold Coast Stadium last night.

"We've worked hard on our defence and obviously so have they as well, they held out Penrith and they've got a lot of tries in them so to hold them out in a premiership game was a big effort," said Cartwright last night.

"But we've worked hard on a few plans we think we can get them.

"I thought at a pinch last week we should have scored six tries (against the Dragons). Three tries were just butchered through schoolboy stuff -- just catch and pass and we would have scored, so hopefully we can resolve those issues.

"Ball control has been a bit of an issue with us through the trials but we throw a lot of football at them, we do ask a lot of questions and with that it can be a bit high risk and that's when you come up with dropped ball.

"But we've got to come up with the right balance there and do it pretty quick."

Prince looked sharp in a ballwork session last night before being given an early mark as a precaution and left to ice his left ankle.

The crafty halfback said with another three days of rehabilitation he was on track to take on the Sharks.

"That's the beauty of it, I think if we were playing tonight I'd be no chance but with another three full days we're on schedule hopefully," said Prince.

"I'll just try and get through the last ball session on Sunday afternoon and we'll know exactly then.

"It felt all right, it was just the first run on it so we'll just see how it pulls up tomorrow but it felt OK out there."

Former international prop Brad Meyers is also on the comeback trail from an ankle injury which kept him sidelined for round one after training with the squad last night.

However, Cartwright said it was unlikely he would make Meyers a late inclusion on Monday night.

"The doctors have given him pretty well the all-clear, we were thinking maybe hold him back until next week, he was just there as a precaution for Michael Henderson who has had a few headaches after that head clash he had with Ryles last week.

"The doc said he'd be right if we needed him but we're thinking about bringing him back next week against the Dogs."
    Some very positive news about Prince.

Go Titans
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 24-03-07 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Titans media release
    Written by: Deegan Lewis

Gold Coast Titans v Cronulla Sharks
    Monday March 26, 2007 @ Carrara Stadium
    Head to Head: First Match
    Referee: Shayne Hayne

Gold Coast Titans
    Coach
    : John Cartwright

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Lelea Paea
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Jake Webster
    5. Matthew Petersen
    6. Matt Hilder
    7. Scott Prince ?
    8. Luke Bailey ?
    9. Clint Amos
    10. Kris Kahler
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Gavin Cooper
    13. Luke Swain
    14. Josh Graham
    15. Michael Henderson
    16. Mark Minichiello
    17. Nathan Friend

Injuries: Luke O’Dwyer – ankle, indefinite; Richie Mathers – knee, Rd 3, Chris Walker – thumb, indefinite.

Cronulla Sharks
    Coach
    : Ricky Stuart

1. Brett Kearney
    2. Fraser Anderson
    3. Ben Pomeroy
    4. Josh Hannay
    5. Luke Covell
    6. Adam Dykes
    7. Brett Kimmorley
    8. Ben Ross
    9. Kevin Kingston
    10. Luke Douglas
    11. Reece Williams
    12. Lance Thompson
    13. Greg Bird
    14. Craig Stapleton
    15. Jacob Selmes
    16. Cameron Ciraldo
    17. Isaac De Gois

Injuries: Paul Gallen – ankle, Rd 3.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans make their long awaited home debut on Monday night taking on the Cronulla Sharks in a match that will pit Coach John Cartwright up against former mentor, good friend and current Australian coach Ricky Stuart.

Before being appointed coach of the Jetstar Titans, Cartwright spent four seasons as assistant to Ricky Stuart at the Sydney Roosters in what proved to be a successful pairing. In four seasons together they steered the Roosters to three Grand Final appearances with one premiership coming in 2002.

“It's going to be a strange feeling actually because we've had so much time together and we'll be sitting in opposite change rooms on opposite sides doing our best," said Stuart.

"I spoke to him after his game last weekend and I could tell that disappointment in his voice, and that only means they'll be even more enthusiastic to get a win and he'll certainly have them pumped up."

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans lead up to the game has been less than ideal with co-captain Scott Prince in doubt for much of the week with an ankle injury suffered during the 20-18 defeat at the hands of St George Illawarra in round one.

Fortunately for Titans fans Prince has been cleared to play at Carrara after undergoing a precautionary MRI scan on Tuesday.

Prince has not missed a game in three years through injury and was always confident he would be able to line-up against a rejuvenated Brett Kimmorley who was instrumental in leading Cronulla to victory last weekend.

Matthew Petersen comes in to the Titans line-up to replace the injured Chris Walker who scored fourteen of the team’s eighteen points in round one. Walker has a broken thumb and will be out for an indefinite period.
    "You've got to have try scorers to win games and he definitely does that," Cartwright said on the loss of the former Origin star.

Petersen was in sensational form during last weekends Queensland Cup curtain raiser at Suncorp scoring three tries in a thirty minute blitz against a Melbourne Storm stacked Norths Devils outfit.

The only other change from last weekend’s team is former Perth Force and Melbourne Storm centre Josh Graham coming on to the bench for the injured James Stosic.

Cronulla head in to round two full of confidence after their clinical display over Penrith that saw the Sharks win 18-0. The win was a great start to the Ricky Stuart era and ended a ten match losing run for the club.

“We have been working hard on our defence and I think you saw that in the game,” says Stuart.

“We came up with some big hits and scrambled well. It was a good first up effort and something we can build on.”

Form Guide

• Cronulla have lost their past five matches on the road
    • Cronulla have conceded only three tries in their past three games including the 2007 trials
    • The Sharks have won only one of their past eight night matches
    • Gold Coast defeated Penrith 28-6 in their only game played at Carrara during the pre-season
    • Cronulla have lost only once in fourteen games against Gold Coast teams
    • Cronulla have won seven from eight at Carrara Stadium

Tickets

Monday night’s game is likely to be sold out though there are still some good tickets left to this historic game.

The Gold Coast Titans are looking forward to having a vocal home crowd behind them as they chace their maiden win in the NRL competition. The players were blown away by the atmosphere created in the last trial match played here and cannot wait to run out on Monday night in front of what should be a full house when the NRL returns to Carrara!

Tickets can be purchased through Ticketek at www.ticketek.com.au or by calling 13 28 49.

wats the go with prince n peterson?

Both will play.

3 hours away
    heading to local soon
    FKN PUMPED
    LETS GO TITANS LETS GO
    nananaana nananaana hay hay hay GOOD BYE

where can i hear the game broadcast online?