Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 2: Gold Coast Titans vs Cronulla Sharks

Gold Coast Titans Vs Cronulla Sharks
    Monday 26th March, 7:30 pm; Carrara Stadium

Referee: Shayne Hayne

Team Notes:

Titans

- Chris Walker is out with a fractured thumb, meaning Matt Petersen makes his debut on the wing

- James Stosic is out with a foot injury with former Western Force centre Josh Graham making his Titans debut from the bench.

Sharks

- Ricky Stuart has an unchanged lineup to the team that beat the Panthers last weekend.

Teams:

Titans

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Lelea Paea
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Jake Webster
    5. Matthew Petersen
    6. Matthew Hilder
    7. Scott Prince (c)
    8. Luke Bailey (c)
    9. Clint Amos
    10. Kris Kahler
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Gavin Cooper
    13. Luke Swain
    Interchange
    14. Josh Graham
    15. Michael Henderson
    16. Mark Minichiello
    17. Nathan Friend

Sharks
    1 Brett Kearney
    2 Fraser Anderson
    3 Ben Pomeroy
    4 Josh Hannay
    5 Luke Covell
    6 Adam Dykes
    7 Brett Kimmorley (c)
    8 Ben Ross
    9 Kevin Kingston
    10 Luke Douglas
    11 Reece Williams
    12 Lance Thompson
    13 Greg Bird
    Interchange
    14 Craig Stapleton
    15 Jacob Selmes
    16 Cameron Ciraldo
    17 Isaac De Gois
    19 Dustin Cooper

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***
    Last edited by Queenslander; 20-03-07 at 07:58 PM.

Titans media release

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans V Cronulla

Injury has forced Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright to make several changes ahead of Monday night’s Round two clash against Cronulla at Gold Coast Stadium Carrara.

Chris Walker who starred for the Jetstar Titans with a personal haul of twelve points including two tries has undergone surgery today after fracturing a bone in his thumb late in the contest. His place will be taken by Mathew Petersen who scored three tries during a thirty minute burst for Queensland Cup side Tweed Heads Seagulls in the Curtain Raiser to the Titans debut.

Petersen was stretchered from the field after injuring his ankle, however has made a remarkable recovery to win his place in the starting line-up.

Josh Graham has replaced James Stosic on the bench with Stosic ruled out with a foot injury.

Graham was impressive during the Burleigh Bears Queensland Cup opener scoring a try and playing a vital role in several others.

John Cartwright will hold a media conference to discuss the team from 10.00am Tomorrow morning Wednesday 21st March 2007 at the Titans Recreation room Runaway Bay sports Super centre.

The Team

1. Preston Campbell

2. Lelea Paea

3. Mat Rogers

4. Jake Webster

5. Matthew Petersen

6. Matthew Hilder

7. Scott Prince

8. Luke Bailey

9. Clint Amos

10. Kris Kahler

11. Anthony Laffranchi

12. Gavin Cooper

13. Luke Swain

14. Josh Graham

15. Michael Henderson

16. Mark Minichiello

17. Nathan Friend

Coach: John Cartwright

It's very disappointing that Chris Walker is out. He was one of the players who was impressive to watch and really looked like doing some damage to the opposition. Such is football I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by aspher View Post
    It's very disappointing that Chris Walker is out. He was one of the players who was impressive to watch and really looked like doing some damage to the opposition. Such is football I guess.
    I agree aspher. But wasn't it great to see the TITANS finally in action. The comeback in the second half was sensational. A few mistakes but that can be expected. It is going to be a long season and if they keep on playng the way they did maybe we might see a top eight finish. Got The Titans! You made us all proud on your debut.

I dont see the reason of having 2 hookers in the side with Preston.

Friend needs to start in my opinion, and Preston needs to be at 5/8.

Hilder is more of a lock.

My side would look more like this

1. Rogers
    2. Paea - needs to be there, cant drop him after 1 bad game
    3. Delany
    4. Webster
    5. Peterson
    6. Preston
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10 Henderson
    11 Lanfraci
    12 Minochello
    13 Hilder

14 Swain
    15 Cooper
    16 Graham
    17 Kahler
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I agree aspher. But wasn't it great to see the TITANS finally in action. The comeback in the second half was sensational. A few mistakes but that can be expected. It is going to be a long season and if they keep on playng the way they did maybe we might see a top eight finish. Got The Titans! You made us all proud on your debut.
    It certainly was. Even though the Titans are my second team (Dragons being the first), it was still awesome to see the boys run out to the screaming crowd. I enjoyed the game immensely and even though neither team were at their best, it was very promising times.

Really looking forward to seeing how Josh Graham goes. I thought we missed a bit of punch from the backline in the first match and his size and speed will go along way to addressing that. It's too bad it had to come through injury to Chris Walker who had a tremendous match on Sunday. I reckon this is one that we can definitely get. Carn the Titans!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

While I think Preston is best in the halves, i'm willing to see how he goes over the first few rounds down the back.

He really did tear up the Dragons defence, yet I felt he didn't get as involved as he normally would. Hopefully as he gets used to the position, we'll see him involved more. He seemed quite vocal in the back, directing the defenders to plug holes.

Very disappointed about Walker. Hopefully he'll be back soon, not just his goal kicking, but boy can he get over the line!

Still, a good lineup. I'm doubting I can make this game. Monday nights are a bit out for me. I can get there, but it's gonna be damn late by the time I get home.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I have to agree with coaster, Friend diffently needs to start, he was making things happen against the dragons and i think that defensivley and under the high ball rogers would do much better than preston did and will do, still early days and campell is more than capable of playing at the back, just as much as hilder is at playing 5/8.

would of moved rogers to fb with presto going to 5/8, hilder didnt really offer any attacking flare, just really more D
    luv to see the presto prince combo more often looked good when they joined up for bit of it
    maybe move webster to wing n bring in another center, plea wasnt convicing for me

anyway cant bloody wait till this game

on another note
    cant wait to see grahman play
    big solid kid

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

i'd have friend as starting hooker. he looked great when out there on the weekend.

got tickets to this game, should be awesome. plus, i can walk home this time.

I'm happy with the team as some of the guys may have had a few butterflys but deserve a 2nd chance.
    Have i missed something as i watched the Seagulls play & saw Petersen play i blinder scoring 3 tries but he was carried off with what looked like a foot problem so i'm wondering how he's playing next round ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

on the news scotty sattler says peterson is good for monday replacing walker,big boots to fill but hes a good player,i hope presto converts 100% of kicks like chris walker has been.

Good looking side once again. Id have:

-Henderson starting ahead of Kahler (more of a 2nd rower).
    -Webster and Paea to switch postions.
    -Parfitt to FB
    -Campbell to 5-8

I think our bench looks a bit small as well. Chuck Conn on for Graham