Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unfortunately I was stuck watching the game on T.V.

Great attack and defence displayed by the team at both ends of the field, I was very impressed for the teams first game in the competition.

I think it has already been said, but Campbell and Paea both had ordinary games, but we all know what Campbell is capable of and Paea will develop into a great winger.

Prince and Bailey both captained the side well and lead by example. Bailey just doesn't stop working, to see a prop up there with nearly every kick chase is just unheard of.Prince, well he is a master, he has great control over the direction of the game.

Laffranchi and Hilder made nearly 80 tackles between them.

Roger made some good breaks and topped the meters gained with about 180 for the match.

Probably the thing that stood out most for me was the centre/Wing combination of Walker and Webster, the two looked like they had been playing along side each other for a few season, well from where I was sitting any way.

We appear to have a great forward pack that will do the work and lay the platform and there is more then enough skill in the backs to break the line and score tries.

I would like to see Mathers have a shot at full back, when he is fit and use Campbell as a Utility, but have him on the field for alot of the game.

Oops, almost forgot, Clint Amos does a pretty good job as hooker, but I was very very impressed by Friend, man he looked awesome, I think we have a real star in the making there.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Not getting the 2 points left an empty feeling after the game but the boys can hold their heads high. Saints are a class side, with or without Gaz, and we came within a whisker of the win.

Could not have asked for more in their first competative match, they won't be anybody's wipping boys this year!

Bring on Monday night...
    It's Shark Hunting Time!!!

You know, the game aside, what impressed me the most was the crowd.

The members area looked awesome, but there were plenty of other pockets of blue.

From the moment I walked out the door, at my bus stop was a guy in a Titans jersey. The whole way to the stadium, on the train, lunch in the city, there were Titans colours.

And there were plenty of people who were supporting, but didn't have the gear.
    There was a family going to the game, and while they had no supporters gear, one sister berated the other for not wearing blue. There seemed to be plenty of people going along to support the team who just hadn't bought the merchandise yet.

If that's what it's like in Brisbane, I can only imagine how hyped the Coast is.

I was impressed. Still some rough edges to smooth out but considering the occaison, job well done.

I am proud of the boys.

Helen

Great game.

Although it did seem to me that the Titans' speed was being well maintained by St George holding down in the tackles to the max.

Apart from that, the game was anybodies to take, and unfortunately the Dragons had the luck.

The difference between the two teams was literally, one bad ball play goalfront and an interception. The Titans had managed to get the overlap and would likely have scored if not for one inch of finger and a second grab.

We were a tad unlucky with the forward pass from Preston to Bailey, but it was a fair decision.

I was a bit dirty on Paea being taken out while trying to pick up Matty's kick. To me, it didn't look like Paea had any control of the ball. The Dragon player who came from nowhere was not competing for the ball, and only had the intention of taking out the player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a player have to have control of the ball before they can be tackled.

Nevertheless, it was a wonderful game with much promise for the future.
    A few drops here and there, but nothing to be to concerned about going forward.

Junior Titan

We were sitting in the nose bleed seats in the South Western corner...not close to the action but awesome seats to see the plays unfold...couldn't see the cheerleaders close up (damn!) but what a game! Worth every cent!

Gotta agree with those who suggest Presto should be at 5/8, he had them in 6's and 7's each time he had the ball in hand, and I would go so far to say that he didn't get enough ball for him to really settle into the game. IMHO Matty Rogers is the obvious pick for fullback (good enough for a few Wallaby games!), he brings the ball back well, can read the game and can inject himself when he sees a need (ala Lockyer pre 5/8 days). Actually truth be told, he could probably play every position back to lock but enough Rogers worship!

As a debut game, I think we did ourselves proud against a great, albeit minorly depleted Dragons side, with plenty to build on for the next few games. With the scoreline reflecting the effort from both sides, there are only a few niggling things to improve on...dropped ball being amongst them, although nerves could have played a part in that.

As the season progresses and the combinations start to emerge, if we can stay injury free (get well soon, Chrissy Walker!), we've got the personnel and the determination (and dare I say PRIDE!) to make the eight if not the four.

Hold your heads up boys and good luck on Monday!

...got home at midnight on Sunday with fresh kebab juice on my nice white Titans shirt (although can't remember having eaten one!), beer stained jeans, a mammoth headache in the making and a spray from my wife for foolishly thinking she'd find me sexy for all this...gotta love your footy!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    You know, the game aside, what impressed me the most was the crowd.

The members area looked awesome, but there were plenty of other pockets of blue.

From the moment I walked out the door, at my bus stop was a guy in a Titans jersey. The whole way to the stadium, on the train, lunch in the city, there were Titans colours.

And there were plenty of people who were supporting, but didn't have the gear.
    There was a family going to the game, and while they had no supporters gear, one sister berated the other for not wearing blue. There seemed to be plenty of people going along to support the team who just hadn't bought the merchandise yet.

If that's what it's like in Brisbane, I can only imagine how hyped the Coast is.
    Very true from my perspective.

I personally wasnt at the game but my heart was. Great effort by us Titans to get out there and support the new tri colour team!

Great job to all that went

Wink

The whole event was class from start to finish. What a fantastic job done by staff, players and all those wonderful children. Boy I am in love with Blade.
    The atmosphere was unbelievable. Win or Lose I will be following the Titans for a long time.

Great work Carty & The Boys.

Couldn't make it to this game unfortunately but heard it live on Grandstand Rugby League and tuned in to the delayed telecast on 9 (with the volume down) at 4.00 pm at home in Bundy.

Some of you would-be coaches are hard markers, I reckon.

The only better debut into the top comp that I can remember over the past 30 years or so was when the Broncos walloped Manly and they had almost a full strength Maroons team turn out for them.

Let's not forget the rich history and experience of the team that had to fight all the way to beat our blokes by two points, hey?

Fantastic first up effort by our blokes from Carty to the orange boys and everyone in between. They will be a force to be reckoned with and real soon.

Default i dunno mate i might be pushing u for bundys 1st titans supporter

overall it was a good game the new coca cola zero balls have already had bad reviews from alot of player as they have barely any grip i think rogers and scotty prince were our standouts also amighty walker played well and the whole forward back lifted when bails was on also young gavin cooper busted his ass out there making thousands of tackles good to see clint amos having a good game and nathan friend being a particular standout
    GO THE TITANS FOR 2007 AND BEYOND BABY!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr jemo View Post
    i dunno mate i might be pushing u for bundys 1st titans supporter

G'day there young fella and fellow Bundyite.

Now, on what basis are you going to challenge my claim to be Bundy's First Registered Paid Up Titans Supporter?

I paid my Online Supporters Membership by credit card within hours of them first opening their original website to the general public and was in fact recorded as Number 16 in the electronic queue for processing.

This was done on 23rd September 2005.

I received my Titans jumper on 15th March 2006 and have worn it often out and about in Bundy since then.

If you or any other Bundy person can produce proof of beating me to any form of financial membership of the Titans, then I'll happily organise someone to change my Avatar.

All that aside though, I'm rapt that our local area here is gradually assembling a Legion to gather together with all of the other Legions of Titans fans at our Home and Away games.

On team debuts, Melbourne also won their first match, against the Steelers in 1998 in Wollongong, 14-12 (dirty rotten !@#$%^&*).

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

QLD Cup Titan

Great debut by Titans against 1 of the better sides of the NRL.Thought the dragons derserved their win but could have gone either way.Should be another close game for the Titans this week also.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Very very impressed.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon View Post
    At least the mob of Titans fans on the train didn't give me hell for my red jersey.

Jason
    Clearly you weren't in our carriage!