Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

tbh i cant wait for mathers to get into the team
    i rkn we will be so much better with him at fullback catching the bombs n standing behind the line and then with presto at 5/8, u could see the prince n presto combo shaping up, rkn it be deadly
    friend was one of our best i rkn
    good comeback game
    plea wasnt convicing for me
    maybe webster wing n get deleany in or someone
    i would of thought they would of put rogers fullback for this game aswell
    pretty surpirsed they left presto back there

but yeh i was pump for the game
    all my m8s n **** dragon fans gave it to me ahah
    prince was one of our best aswell, just solid
    presto loked like scoring everytime he got the ball, luv this guy but did try to force stuff when he didnt need to
    walker was off n on, good finisher, but sometimes does dumb things
    plea didnt do it for me
    webster solid built player with speed n ball handing skills, him n roger did well
    rogers good return showed he still had it
    hilder didnt really see much from himonly in defence, not really a attacking 5/8
    forward pack were all good
    friend best of the bench but amos was pretty good aswell not taking away from him

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

The amount of titans merch being worn was mindblowing.

Good to see so much support right from the get go.

I had a ball. I talked my whole family into going. My dad's a longtime broncos supporter (from the beginning), but by the end of the game he was very very vocal in his titans cheering (to the point he wouldn't shut up lol).

I was seated right on halfway, up in the upper east stand. I love watching from a height, you get such a good overview of the game. Not a fan of the sun though haha.

The pre-match entertainment was well and truely weird. Very americanised sorta stuff. But who cares, the footy was great.

Got shivers when we ran out. Game was veryyy entertaining, albeit the result was stinging in it's agonisingly closeness.

Also, to DIEHARD, i got your sms but i was outta credit! anyway, i was on the train back home when i read it so yeah.

And i can gladly say i have tickets to the sharks clash. aww yeah.

Default How good was Sunday

Good game lots of Drinks and awesome atmosphere both at the ground, the caxton and the train after the game. Was struggling yesterday though.

Im not looking forward to titans vs manly game i know that.

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

I was impressed by the side... very impressed...

They never gave up, never gave in and always were giving 100%.. they looked good in attack, solid in defense and over time, the combinations will gel more and the side will go stronger.

I must say I reckon we move Richie to fullback and Preston to Hooker or back to 5/8th... as I just don't see Preston as GC's number 1.. he needs to have the ball in his hands more to make a difference. I would have Hilder at 6 though.. he lost no fans on Sunday.

The real key is going to be depth with Walker out, which is a big loss and a few niggles... but really I can't see the Titans getting the spoon, they are too good for that and proved it on Sunday...

Also the team finally played it's first NRL game and win, lose or draw, you can't beat that feeling..

Good debut. Everyone played well together. Campbell had a shocker. Paea ...well hmmmm. Bring up Mathers once he is fit tbh. Good defensive display overall.

How did Preston have a shocker? He dropped a couple of bombs, thats it really. He isn't a fullback, so it isn't his fault he can't catch bombs that well. When he had the ball in hand, he looked dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzalez View Post
    Good debut. Everyone played well together. Campbell had a shocker. Paea ...well hmmmm. Bring up Mathers once he is fit tbh. Good defensive display overall.
    Campbell had a great game apart from a couple of dropped balls & he wasn't the only one who spilt the pill.
    Agree that the defence was awesome for most of the match but what was really pleasing was after the 2 quick tries after halftime the boys could have dropped their heads & copped a flogging which i think a lot of people were expecting but the guys came back which coincided with Bull Bailey returning to the field & he led from the front & i thought Bailey,Cooper, Henderson & Swain were outstanding in defence & hit ups.I also thought Hilder was great in defence but not too sure about him in attack.

Anyway the crowd & atmosphere were fantastic & it was great to see Chris Knell walking through where the members were sitting & making sure everything was o.k, well done mate .
    #itaintweaktospeak

Talking

Sat with all the members nxt to the tunnel with all our flags and hats.I swear i turned around a hundred times when we all cheered to see the amazing spectacle of all the blue and gold.That was my 3rd game and the most nervous ive been.Loved the effort and told the guy next to me before kick off that walker was going to have a sceamer,he'll be missed hes awesome.Im loving this team!!!top 8 for sure.See you at carrara stand 2

Junior Titan

I thought game was ok and great atmosphere at the ground. I thought we were much fitter than the Dragons and didnt they stall for time on a few occasions. If I was coach I would throw Preston back to 5/8 as I don't think Hilder is a good attacking 5/8. I would bring Nathan Friend into hooker as I thought he did great when he came on. Anyway only 1st game plenty more to go..

Junior Titan

After a massive St Pats day Saturday I jumped on a 6am flight Sunday to Brisbane and couldn't believe how much titans colours were around. This being my first trip up North for a while I was happy with the support.. I left my ticket for members merchandise at home and felt out of place just sitting with all the members in my normal clobber. After a 6am Flight back to Sydney Monday morning was struggling at work last night. I want to make it Monday night but might be a late scratching. Not happy about it.. I had a great day Sunday and hopefully a win this monday will be better..

Awesome debut for us. I think if we can cut out a few of our errors then we can make the 8. The back three made something like 13 between them, so id switch Parfitt to FB (mathers when he returns), and give Deleney or Graham a shot in the centres with Webster on the wing. Also, I think Kahler is more of a backrower. He had a few big hits put on him, and needs to run a bit wider.

Presto...very up and down game. Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball, but lets too many balls hit the the ground and is better ant 5-8 or hooker.

Very impressed with the two hookers, Amos in paricular looks like a great find (very creative). Prince was excellant, found some of his '05 form, and Rogers looks the goods at centre. Originally, i would have wanted him at fullback, but he showed his quality in defence, made a few breaks, and set up the winger a few times as well. After his display, im pretty happy leaving him at centre and giving mathers the FB role.

Lots of promise shown, our defence was great and attack looked flashy at times, except for the many errors. However, that's to be expected this early in the season, and should change as the season progresses. We will only get better imo.
    Last edited by jake86; 20-03-07 at 11:43 PM.

Debut was pretty good although Preston played pretty bad at fullback despite a few busts he made. He will get used to it in time I guess.
    Good performance though despite a 2 point loss

I'm so impressed by just about everything I saw in the eighty minutes the Titans were on the field.
    I think everyone should be congratulated on a stunning entry into the NRL.

The game was awesome The Titans team has every reason to be proud of their efforts.

The Titans are here to stay.

Really well done.

I was seated about halfway up the first tier dead in line with the black dot at the Caxton Street (northern) end of the ground. To be honest, I thought it was a rather scrappy game, but it really lit up in the last 20.

Some good signs for the Mighty Dragons, Williams went well on debut, Creagh was unstoppable (yet couldn't poll a Dally M vote from Ben Ikin - he really does hate the Dragons), The Germ finally gave us a decent dummy half, Cellmate had a strong game and kicked well, Cooper stepped up in Gaz's absence, both in attack and defence (great tackle on Prince to secure the win), Ryles finally pulled his head in and played footy instead of niggling and arguing with the ref, and Ben Hornby was, well, Ben Hornby. Oh and don't forget Paea, who seemed to have donned the wrong colour jersey.

Plenty of positives for the Might Titans as well. Great crowd support, and lots of kiddies, two things I remember being rather absent in the previous incarnation of the Coast. Prince was a great general, as usual, Chris Walker had a blinder and kicked superbly (if he keeps going like that, he might be able to help NSW win again ), Matty Rogers was very solid, Bull was Bull i.e ran and tackled all day, Campbell was brilliant with the ball, pretty poor without it. The team in general played some lovely enterprising attacking football. Keep that up, and eliminate the errors, and there'll be plenty of wins coming the Titans way this year.

The worst bit of the day was trying to stop my seven month old daughter crawling over my shoulder to the people in the row behind (whom I'd never seen before) or pulling the hair of the people in the row in front. But she did seem to really like those blue jerseys, so maybe we have another Titans fan in the making.

One thing I found though, despite all my talk in the off season, the passion for the red and white doesn't go away that easily. While I would not have been disappointed had the Titans won, I guess 18 years of pouring far too much emotion into following the Steelers and the Dragons has had an irreversible effect. I guess the real test will come when, as I hope, the Dragons meet the Titans in the Big One.

Jason

p.s. OH WHEN THE SAINTS, GO MARCHING IN...
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Sunday was good, until I had to accompany my sister south on the train to Robina, and then turn around and head back to Brissy at 10:00 at night (thanks to a breakdown leading to a train delay). I was forced to walk home from Yeerongpilly station to Moorooka, because the last Beenleigh train had already gone. Not fun, at 11:15pm. The place is absolutely dead (industrial estate). At least the mob of Titans fans on the train didn't give me hell for my red jersey.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky