Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Titans: What did you think of our debut?

Titans: What did you think of our debut?

Post your thoughts here!

I have never been so nervous before a game before.

I couldnt make Brisbane, but got it live on NBN, but only the tv in my bedroom gets that so i was cramped in the bedroom with my esky.

I thought they looked great, still allot of room to improve, some positonal changes are needed, but it was right there to win.

They will get better and better, i wont miss next Mondays match or any other, this will be a great year for us, but we need to win this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Promising signs. There were errors, and times when players were just throwing the ball around to keep it alive, but nothing that differs from pretty much every other footy team around. The comeback showed the team has fight, and it was really only unlucky that they didn't come away with a win (Walker's penalty basically). I really looking forward to seeing how they go next week.

I had an end on view at Suncorp and I thought that there were plenty of good signs. What took me by surprise was how big the Dragons were compared to the Titans. The Dragons seemed to be opportunists feeding off Titans mistakes which we invaribly gave them. Other than the handling errors I thought it was a magnificent first up effort and the game against the Sharks should be a beauty. Can't wait!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I thought the debut was awesome. A couple of dropped balls cost us a few tries and I think thats where the game was lost. But after a few more weeks when match fitness and player form is up, I think we'll be hard to beat.

Originally I had seats behind the southern goal posts, but luckly my parents had spare seats beside them on the Western grandstand. To sit with fellow titans fans in a sea of blue and gold was simply amazing. It was something special to be there....it is very hard to describe.

The game was a fitting start to the club, a win would have been the cherry on top of the icing on the cake however the titans will win alot of games this year I am sure.

Like I said this game was special and one of the best rugby league experiences that I have ever had.

As I said in the game thread, the Titans performed very well, and really showed to all the fans out there that they don't deserve to be 2nd favourites for the spoon. They will be title contenders if they play like that for the rest of the season.

It was awesome, very glad I was there!
    Had front row just behind the try line, and Walker scored the first try right infront of us.

I think we played pretty well for the most part. Dropped ball was a frustration, and a few defensive errors let the dragons in.

We seemed to lack some venom in defence with Bailey off the field, I don't know if he just put in, or his presence lifted the rest of the pack. And how about the break with Preston? Looked like Bailey was looking to secure a spot on the wing!

I wasn't disappointed in anyone's game. Few mistakes, but we saw that across the board this weekend.

Titans played a decent game.

There were some silly handling and passing errors that need to be eliminated from their game if they are going to be a contender for the premiership in 2007.

Players played their respective roll well. Prince and Bailey played a superb game leading from the front 100% of the time.

Campbell seemed to make some unnessecary errors that couldve been avoided by making a better option. I.E. Flick pass or get tackled?

Overall, I would rate their game good but not great. Improvements to be made for the future of the Gold Coast. They bring a great intensity to the game that I havent seen for a very long time. Great tackling techniques round and good plays that were put on show. 6/10, which is a good effort for a first NRL game. Compare this to a Cowboys 7/10.

Cartwright has done a great job with the Titans and I am really looking forward to the future.

Go Titans!

In sheer awe of how spectacular it was too see the boys on the field.

All the shocks, moans and cheers... Ahh, its great to have rugby league back on the coast.

I can tell you one thing though, I was devastated when Paea didn't hold onto the ball in the dieing stages. We have a lot of improving to do but at the same time showed heaps of potential as well.

Good on ya boys!

Bring on Carrara!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It was awesome, very glad I was there!
    Had front row just behind the try line, and Walker scored the first try right infront of us.

Haha Steve are you in that poster in Monday's Bulletin?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
    Haha Steve are you in that poster in Monday's Bulletin?
    I haven't seen any poster, I guess we get the Bulletin in Brisbane, but I don't buy it?

Does it have a hideous bald guy in a Titans jersey?

First of all, let me just say how absolutely BRILLIANT it was to see so many Titans supporters turn out for the game! I knew there would be heaps of us, but I was still amazed at how many there actually were at Suncorp!
    As for the game itself, I don't think anybody could be disappointed with how the team played. Yes, there were handling errors, and ultimately they cost us the game. But you have to expect that there will be some teething problems early on. Every club goes through it early in the season. You always have new players that you have to get used to, and they have to get used to you. Hey, we have an entirely new club here folks! It's not just a few new players to break in. It's the entire team! When you take that into consideration, you have to agree that the Titans played an amazing game! They did themselves, and each and every one of us, PROUD! Once everything gels, we will have an absolutely brilliant team here folks. I think the Titans are gonna surprise the entire NRL with how far they can take this in their debut year.
    And who else agrees with me about what an amazing feeling it was to watch the guys run onto the field for the first time! I swear, I got chills! And the roar of the crowd! God, it was incredible! It's a rugby league moment I will never forget!

So, in summation, with the possible exception of the final scoreline (lol), we could not have asked for a better debut! Go the Titans!

Oops, one thing I forget to mention: I was looking for Diehard's flag but couldn't see it anywhere. Was the flag there, Diehard?

I agree with Wolfpak about the noise of the crowd! It was fantastic!

Good to hear during the game too, and not just when they were on the attack, but when defending on the line, the crowd got right behind them. Many crowds go silent when the team looks in trouble, but that's when they need the most support.