Titan One Clubman

Default NRL changes draw to help Souths

NRL changes draw to help Souths
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 4:47 PM

The NRL have switched South Sydney's scheduled Monday night football clash with Newcastle in round five to a Sunday, saving the Rabbitohs from missing their international players.

In a move sure to draw criticism, the NRL have moved the Rabbitohs-Knights game to a Sunday clash at Bluetongue Stadium with Canberra and the Sydney Roosters to now play on Monday night at the nation's capital.

South Sydney had complained to the NRL about the scheduling as international rugby league rules prevent players from turning out for their clubs in the five days before a Test match.

A Monday game would be five days ahead of the April 20 `Anzac Test' in Brisbane, which would have ruled out the Rabbitohs New Zealand Test players including new signings Roy Asotasi, David Kidwell and Nigel Vagana.

However, the move now allows the Rabbitohs to play all their Kiwi stars.

But it won't please the Roosters, who also boast Kiwi player Iosia Soliola and possible Australian Test players Anthony Minichiello and Anthony Tupou.

Other schedule changes include both round three Friday night clashes to start half an hour later with an 8pm kick off.

Melbourne's Sunday game with New Zealand Warriors in the same round will start at midday to save a clash with the world swimming titles being held next to Olympic Park.

Source: AAP
    -------------------------------
    This comes just a few weeks after we told that that we did not wan this move as the Roosters match is one of our drawcards, and Sunday afternoons are where we get our biggest crowd.. Now instead of a Sunday Afternoon we have to go in on a Monday night FOR THE SECOND HOME GAME IN A ROW

They know this will impact a our crowds and a lower crowd willmake us look worse. The Rabbitohs have been a sh!thouse side since they got back into the competition and now they buy a few players and are given special treatment???? What a load of crap...

Anyone else still think I'm crazy about people wanting us to move to the Central Coast..

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    NRL changes draw to help Souths
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 4:47 PM

The NRL have switched South Sydney's scheduled Monday night football clash with Newcastle in round five to a Sunday, saving the Rabbitohs from missing their international players.

In a move sure to draw criticism, the NRL have moved the Rabbitohs-Knights game to a Sunday clash at Bluetongue Stadium with Canberra and the Sydney Roosters to now play on Monday night at the nation's capital.

South Sydney had complained to the NRL about the scheduling as international rugby league rules prevent players from turning out for their clubs in the five days before a Test match.

A Monday game would be five days ahead of the April 20 `Anzac Test' in Brisbane, which would have ruled out the Rabbitohs New Zealand Test players including new signings Roy Asotasi, David Kidwell and Nigel Vagana.

However, the move now allows the Rabbitohs to play all their Kiwi stars.

But it won't please the Roosters, who also boast Kiwi player Iosia Soliola and possible Australian Test players Anthony Minichiello and Anthony Tupou.

Other schedule changes include both round three Friday night clashes to start half an hour later with an 8pm kick off.

Melbourne's Sunday game with New Zealand Warriors in the same round will start at midday to save a clash with the world swimming titles being held next to Olympic Park.

Source: AAP
    -------------------------------
    This comes just a few weeks after we told that that we did not wan this move as the Roosters match is one of our drawcards, and Sunday afternoons are where we get our biggest crowd.. Now instead of a Sunday Afternoon we have to go in on a Monday night FOR THE SECOND HOME GAME IN A ROW

They know this will impact a our crowds and a lower crowd willmake us look worse. The Rabbitohs have been a sh!thouse side since they got back into the competition and now they buy a few players and are given special treatment???? What a load of crap...

Anyone else still think I'm crazy about people wanting us to move to the Central Coast..
    haha, thats pretty rough. These are thing Souths will have to get used to if they want to continue buying up every half decent kiwi league player.

There is an article on fox sports I think with Furner saying about the Cowboys getting their home games at night cause its hot there, and talking of the Raiders requesting Sunday arvo games cause its cold here of a night time.

With both Roosters and Raiders not wanting this move, Souths and Knights should have been told tough luck, thats the draw. Either deny your players or play without 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I personally dislike the idea of Monday night games, I am not looking forward to them during the Broncos season........

Why not just move the Monday game to the Sunday....oh wait that would not please Foxtel and Bundy Rum :noidea: Fans will be talking with their feet this year, I cannot see this concept succeeding outside of Sydney.

BRING BACK AT LEAST 4 SUNDAY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titan One Clubman

I swear I gave this thread a different title

Anyway I understand why a mod changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    I swear I gave this thread a different title

Anyway I understand why a mod changed it.
    Good whilst I agree with the previous title....it just isn't good for the kids

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I dunno queenslander i feel that monday night football will be a huge success, although they won't draw massive crowds they will still draw decent numbers, i mean who can complain with 4 days of football, also mean you can mimiumum(with the money) see 4 games live, one on each night compared to the old 3 games.

Still i can see your argument, so we will just have to wait to see crowd fiqures etc etc.

I think Monday nights games will be great to watch but not so for some players who may only have 4 or 5 days before they have to play again but for TV it'll be fantastic & then it's only 4 days before the next round begins again!!!
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE
    I think Monday nights games will be great to watch but not so for some players who may only have 4 or 5 days before they have to play again but for TV it'll be fantastic & then it's only 4 days before the next round begins again!!!
    Pretty sure the NRL made it so teams who played Monday won't have to back up until Saturday the following round at the earliest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I guess the bunnies complained because losing rep players isn't something they're used to, whereas everyone else has just had to deal with it.

Still, byes and such were always worked so that those teams with a heavy load in origin wouldn't be affected so badly, so maybe this is a similar thing.

I don't mind the idea of monday night football, although I don't have, and won't get, fox, and going to games isn't really going to be an option.
    When the odd game has been played on a public holiday, i've been frustrated waiting for the last result, especially when playing fantasy nrl type games!