Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Lockyer injured-in hospital

KANGAROOS captain Darren Lockyer suffered a foot injury in training today but Australia team officials were non-committal about his future in the Tri Nations rugby league series.

Forward Nathan Hindmarsh also aggravated his knee during the session and his hopes of making a comeback from the injury that forced him out of the NRL finals is slipping away.

Coach Wayne Bennett said he could not know the extent of Lockyer's damage until he underwent scans in a Paris hospital.

Lockyer slipped and fell during a game of touch the end of the session at Surenes Rugby Union Club on the outskirts of the French capital.

He was due to be rested from this weekend's Test against France to allow Bennett to assess other players for the remaining Tri Nations game against Great Britain and the expected series final against New Zealand.

Fiji-born prop Petero Civoniceva could become the first non-Australian to lead the Kangaroos into a Test if given the job against France at Perpignan

foxsports.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    Fiji-born prop Petero Civoniceva could become the first non-Australian to lead the Kangaroos into a Test if given the job against France at Perpignan
    What captaincy experience does Civenoceva have? Prince, Barrett and Gower captain their club sides, and 2 of the 3 will be playing. Why should someone who has never captained at club level become captain of an international side?

This is horrible news! Our fearless leader out of action!

But at least the Kangaroos have the luxury of calling up Trent Barrett. How many other nations have that depth?

I hope Locky is ok and cleared for our Test against Britain in 2 weeks...

I'll be glued to the news...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

He will be right got the next GB test

As for the captaincy issue, Danny Buderus IF Lockyer is not fit is the logical choice given he is the NSW captain wouldn't ya' think :erm: Perhaps he is being bumped down the order for Petero and Tate?

For the one off test against France I assume Danny Buderus and Steve Price are being rested if they are not being mentioned as candidates.

I think Gower, Prince and Barrett would be hindered by the fact that they are not in Bennett's starting 13 on a regular basis.

DeeGan

This from another thread:

While Steve Price is also to be rested against France so he can recover from niggling injuries, fellow prop Petero Civoniceva has put his hand up to play again.
    Cool. Though no mention of Buderus's availablility in the same article.

I imagine he will be reseted with perhaps Gower, Barrett and Prince sharing time in the dummy half position as Ricky Stuart and Allan Langer did in 1994.

DeeGan

Just on Sunrise,

Lockyer is out for up to 3 months and will miss the rest of the Tri-Nations!!!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Just on Sunrise,

Lockyer is out for up to 3 months and will miss the rest of the Tri-Nations!!!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sounds like a lie, it cant be true :')

Titan CEO

oh no this means.....barret will be in...arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yep Barett will be in and tell me when he has ever let a rep team down?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Wats wrong wit Barrett???

ANy news on if they are sending any replacements over

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    Wats wrong wit Barrett???

ANy news on if they are sending any replacements over
    i dont know "wat is wit him"

Replacements: Braith Anasta for Lockyer with one of either; John Skandalis or Steve Menzies replacing Hindmarsh.

Who knows, Matt Sing may replace Hindmarsh given Hindmarsh replaced Timana Tahu

Is there a need with two games to go? Perhaps not though better to be safe than sorry.

DeeGan

That's bad news. I feel for the Broncos fans out there. Training and rep game injuries are shattering... this one was both!

I wish Locky all the best for his recovery. Trent Barrett must be the five eight now, I'm tipping him for man of the match in the next game.

Petro Fridgeandafreezer as test captain?? Club coaches shouldn't be coaching rep teams!

Bring on Big Mal...hopefully he's better at rep coaching than politics.

Unfortunate for Lockyer to miss not only the Tri-Nations, but also the off-season training, which will hinder his start to the season. Barrett will do well as his replacement though. HE WILL SHOW YOU SUPER CRONK

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Barrett will do well as his replacement though. HE WILL SHOW YOU SUPER CRONK
    The only thing that Barrett has proved this year is that he can get drunk and do push ups at a bar