Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Queensland Origin Tickets Reoffered

A CHECK of orders placed by the public on the Ticketek website for tickets to the two Harvey Norman State of Origin matches at Suncorp Stadium has revealed a considerable number of breaches of the agreed Conditions of Sale.

Persons who breached these conditions are being notified by Ticketek of the cancellation of their orders.

These breaches include exceeding the limit of six tickets to each event, using a debit or credit card more than once and using a card in a different name to the Ticketek account holder.

The relevant tickets will be reinstated on the Ticketek system and offered again to the public.

Adequate notice of this release date will be given on the QRL website ? www.qrl.com.au

Managing Director of the Queensland Rugby League Ross Livermore warned that persons who have placed an order which has been processed, either successfully or unsuccessfully, are precluded from ordering any further tickets.

www.qrl.com.au

They made hot cakes sell more like last week's bread!

Sadly I still haven't been to an origin match. As a blues supporter i'd rather do that in Sydney. Looks like i'll have plenty of time to get game 2 tickets if I decide to do that!

It is one of my dreams to go to an origin at Suncorp - in my Blues jersey! But you !@#$%^&* Queenslanders snap up the tickets every year before I have a chance to get one.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    using a card in a different name to the Ticketek account holder.

I didn't know that rule.

I wonder how many people used their partner's/family member's Credit Card to make the booking on their account. They'll be disappointed.

yah i may still be able to come over for origin 1 and meet up with some of u at either the broncs titans or cowboys game as well

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    I didn't know that rule.

I wonder how many people used their partner's/family member's Credit Card to make the booking on their account. They'll be disappointed.
    I didn't know that one either. The limit to game 1 last year was 8 tickets, I got 8 on another person's credit card, and was planning to do the same for game 2 as me and boys decided last night we'd go again. I might have to be a bit careful this time round, I'd never hear the end of it from my mates if our guaranteed SOO tickets never arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan One Clubman

When are tickets for game II on sale? Me and some mates might also make the trek up. I think I was suppose to get a letter from the Raiders telling me when our exclusive booking period is..

SOO II tickets went on sale March 29 to general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

if any one can help me get deinfaltey 1 maybe 3 origin tickets to game 1 canthey pm, me

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    SOO II tickets went on sale March 29 to general public.
    It's interesting to note that Qld sold 104,000 seats in 24 hours. A week into sales for the Sydney game, there's still plenty of seats available in every category.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

For game one the 6 ticket rule at suncorp is s**t,i have 2 tickets as with family and gf there is 9 of us, i'll be in a blues jersey with my queensland gf, (no dad to protect me against the violent queenslanders.) lol

very happy i got ticks though, i got tickets to game 2 last year, but they were up the back and obscured view, so hopefully being closer will be a better atmosphere.

Scalped Tickets Cancelled

THE Queensland Police Service and the Queensland Rugby League today issued a stark reminder to persons thinking of scalping tickets to State of Origin matches in Queensland.

A person who purchased six tickets to the first Origin match in May has had these cancelled following an endeavour to scalp them on the eBay auction site.

This action follows the introduction last year of Anti Scalping Legislation by the Queensland Government.

?Not only has this person done his money cold, he won?t see the game and is leaving himself open to prosecution under the Legislation.? QRL Managing Director, Ross Livermore said today.

He said persons who have purchased tickets to the Origin matches do so under the conditions determined by the League and spelt out clearly on the ticketing agent?s website.

?I would encourage any person who is thinking of selling a ticket to again read those conditions before proceeding. It can become an expensive exercise," Livermore said.

Members of the public need to be aware of the requirements, which will eliminate the risk of prosecution and the cancellation of tickets without compensation.

Conditions regarding the on-sale of tickets are provided at the time of the original purchase and further information is provided on respective venue websites. Warnings are also posted on certain on-line internet auction websites.

Partnerships formed between police, event organisers, ticket agents and on-line internet auction organisations are combating ticket scalping. This joint approach involves providing public awareness of the legislation requirements.

Police continue to successfully use the recent legislative changes to investigate and enforce alleged ticket scalping offences to events at major sporting and entertainment facilities.

Members of the public should exercise caution when purchasing tickets, other than from the original point of sale.

For more information regarding ticket scalping refer to website www.msfa.qld.gov.au

Any tickets cancelled because of breaches of the Conditions of Sale will be donated to a charity of the League?s choosing.

www.qrl.com.au

yah im going to origin 1 now got me ticket we should have a gathering and maybe meal before the game if ppl are intersted

Charity Picks Up Scalped Tickets

YOUNG people and carers from the Down Syndrome Association of Queensland have been the beneficiaries of a combined Queensland Rugby League and Queensland Government crackdown on online scalping.

Selected as the QRL charity of choice, the DSAQ will take the seats of any cancelled tickets when State of Origin I kicks off at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night, Wednesday May 23.

The expedition to the famous Cauldron is set to further bond the tight-knit organisation, which has over 1000 members around the State, but only three part-time staff at its humble Stafford base.

?This will be a great buzz for many of our members. We?ve got some true rugby league fanatics among the group,? president Sandra Mayberry said.

?I?m not sure I should say this, but we will actually have a good mix of Queensland fans and New South Wales fans. Even among families we have parents going for one team and children barracking for the other.?

With a charter to empower Queenslanders with Down Syndrome as valued and contributing members of the community, DSAQ has existed since 1976.

The organisation runs several programs to assist with participation in the workforce and other community activities, such as sport.

The DSAQ?s ?Club Rainbow?, which helps young members form friendships and make informed life choices, was backed in its inception by the Brisbane Broncos.

Of the current Queensland Maroons team, debutant Neville Costigan has a younger brother, John, who lives with Down Syndrome.

This marks the third year the QRL has invalidated tickets connected with online scalping and donated the seats to a community organisation. Previous recipients were the Starlight Foundation and Make A Wish Foundation.

www.qrl.com.au

Every year I ring tickettek and never ever get through to the operators. I was on the phone from 9 till 4 and still miss out. Every freakin year.