Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Definately - especially when you see how run down Lockyer is becoming havinng to defend in the front line. He needs to be moved back to fullback.

Any other 5\8 options out there?
    Yeh Lockyer is a rubbish 5/8 IMO. I believe Benji Marshall is off contract, he is a another one, even someone like Karmichael Hunt, who I believe is a better 5/8 than a fullback. Possibly Adam Dykes after his recent release from the Sharks, ummm I dunno if there is anyone else.

Hunt would mature into a very solid 5\8, especially when he matures physically a little. I beleive Bennett's refusal to move Lockyer back shows that he is falling off a little. Seems like he doesnt want to admit a mistake.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    Exactly. Unfortunatley come 2007 I think they may well be a rare comodity, I think it will be more likely that we see Preston go to 6 with another 7 being recruited.

A guy that wouldn't surprise me to see end up with the Coast is Scott Hill, I'm unsure of his contract situation, but I think the Coast would have a better chance of picking up a guy like him rather than guys like Anasta and Barrett. Hill would be a good leader to build a side around and most definitely could develop an excellent combo with Presto. He would be an equally good purchase because he can double as a forward and if the Titans pick up a young guy that can play half or 5/8 like Jamie Soward, that can be used in the forward rotation with Soward coming on to rest a forward and Hill moving to the back of the pack. That sort of method could prove to be very effective for the Titans.
    Firstly, after his last performance I wouldn't want Hill in my team ... 3 errors 3 tries conceeded. I was told to tell him to retire at the end of the game but I just chose not to speak with him and talk to Smith, Webster, Geyer and Inglis instead.
    Secondly, Hill is very injury prone and as he is getting on in years I'm not sure he would be a sensible buy and this leads into my final point. If I recall correctly he signed a unique contract where by he had to play a certain percentage of games in the season just gone and next season to have a third year option avaiable. Thus I believe if he is forced to miss a sizeble chunk of 2006 through injury then he may be unsigned for 2007. Otherwise he will be with the Storm until the end of 07.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Hunt would mature into a very solid 5\8, especially when he matures physically a little. I beleive Bennett's refusal to move Lockyer back shows that he is falling off a little. Seems like he doesnt want to admit a mistake.
    Exactly, atm Hunts best quality is that he's still got growing to do, in a few years time, he could be built like a Barrett or Anasta and if he is, that will be a huge plus for his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Christabella
    Firstly, after his last performance I wouldn't want Hill in my team ... 3 errors 3 tries conceeded. I was told to tell him to retire at the end of the game but I just chose not to speak with him and talk to Smith, Webster, Geyer and Inglis instead.
    Secondly, Hill is very injury prone and as he is getting on in years I'm not sure he would be a sensible buy and this leads into my final point. If I recall correctly he signed a unique contract where by he had to play a certain percentage of games in the season just gone and next season to have a third year option avaiable. Thus I believe if he is forced to miss a sizeble chunk of 2006 through injury then he may be unsigned for 2007. Otherwise he will be with the Storm until the end of 07.
    Thank you she that is educated in contracts

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    Thank you she that is educated in contracts
    LOL well don't quote me on that but I do recall something unsual about Hill's contract.

Jamie Lyon so he doesn't end up at Manly

Steven Turner from Melbourne if he is recoveredfrom his knee surgery.

He has been stuck behind Wesser, Slater and now Inglis for the last three years, but he is a top class fullback when fit.
    Titans Fan on both sides of the world

Scott Prince would be my choice. he and preston could light up the comp

Junior Titan

Default Benji

maybe benji marshall. i could imagine him with the titans logo when he is doin his step.

I'm pretty sure Prince and Benji Marshall will be tigers for a long time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idoit
    Pick players from Queensland Cup. We've got 3 feeder clubs, for christs sake. Aseri Laing, Reggie Cressbrook, Ali Brown, Ricky Bird, Steele Retchless, Tim Maccan, Nat Barnes etc.
    I wouldnt mind seeing Aseri Laing have another crack in the NRL. From what i recall, he was quite damaging back when he played for the Magpies.

Though, with Matt Peterson and Brian Carney already on the wing, i doubt he will get a look unless Injury occurs.
    Iosia Soliola

Debut: Round 1, 2005 vs South Sydney
    First Grade Games: 40
    Career First Grade Try's: 14
    Career First Grade Points: 56
    International Caps: 5 tests for New Zealand
    International Try's: 4
    International Points: 16

The Iosia Soliola Hitlist: Ashley Harrison, Paul Gallen, Beau Scott, Joel Reddy, Tame Tupou, Awen Guttenbeil, Ben Hannant, Chris Armit, Adam Dykes, Greg Inglis, Justin Poore, Stuart Fieldon, Nathan Hindmarsh

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    I'm pretty sure Prince and Benji Marshall will be tigers for a long time yet.
    I would not be so certain.

The Tigers just renewed Hodgo's contract and I do remember reading Prince is not ready to commit just yet to anything.

I feel one of the halves (Prince more than likely) will be lost from the Tigers at the end of the 2006 season. Money talks, and both will attract plenty of attention which the Tigers may not be able to match.

Prince back to Brisvegas perhaps??

Heard it here first...

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

i think with bailey,friend and laffranchi the titans are on the right track to lure a half like tim smith or scott prince,they need to recruit a strong forward pack to have any chance of securing a good half's services and with gilly and carty there at the helm they should be a fearsome pack at that.jamie lyon would be a great signing as well.
    don't agree hunt's a 5\8 prospect i'd put him in the centres,he needs to be hitting holes and getting 1 on 1 with blokes not creating em.