Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TITANMAN
    Bro, Lyon is kicking ass in ESL, Ma'a Nonu is the victim of looking and playing exactly like All Black captain Tana Umaga, so he'll be amped for some international recognition, Whatever happens we have a year and a half to recruit quality players.....
    I'm sure Lyon would prefer Australia to England, (well, not sydney,) and he is reportedly genuinely interested in coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idoit
    Richard Villasanti
    That is wrong for sooo many reasons....

I beleive we need a no.7 the can offer size, stability and structure. With Preston at 6 it is not to disimilar to the Tigers now. A 7 that is structured and a 6 that doesnt know what he is doing till he does it.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

"That is wrong for sooo many reasons...."
    Name one. He is hard-hitting and made the Australian team a couple years back. Of course we need a good number seven but if your forwards aren't good enough you'll end up like the storm.

Name one - IMO, Quality - he doesnt have it.

He doesnt have the onfield\off field ethic I think we should be looking to develop.

Pick players from Queensland Cup. We've got 3 feeder clubs, for christs sake. Aseri Laing, Reggie Cressbrook, Ali Brown, Ricky Bird, Steele Retchless, Tim Maccan, Nat Barnes etc.

"Name one - IMO, Quality - he doesnt have it.

He doesnt have the onfield\off field ethic I think we should be looking to develop."

I see. And you know this- how?

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idoit
    Pick players from Queensland Cup. We've got 3 feeder clubs, for christs sake. Aseri Laing, Reggie Cressbrook, Ali Brown, Ricky Bird, Steele Retchless, Tim Maccan, Nat Barnes etc.

yeah there is Plenty of Queensland talent floating around out there

Umm watching him play......

I fully agree. Villasanti would be the last player id look at for my team.

Sure he can put a good hit on, but he isnt an 80 minute. Actually, ill correct myself. He isnt a 30 minute player. He isnt one of the most fittest players to lace the boot.
    Iosia Soliola

Debut: Round 1, 2005 vs South Sydney
    First Grade Games: 40
    Career First Grade Try's: 14
    Career First Grade Points: 56
    International Caps: 5 tests for New Zealand
    International Try's: 4
    International Points: 16

The Iosia Soliola Hitlist: Ashley Harrison, Paul Gallen, Beau Scott, Joel Reddy, Tame Tupou, Awen Guttenbeil, Ben Hannant, Chris Armit, Adam Dykes, Greg Inglis, Justin Poore, Stuart Fieldon, Nathan Hindmarsh

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    That is wrong for sooo many reasons....

I beleive we need a no.7 the can offer size, stability and structure. With Preston at 6 it is not to disimilar to the Tigers now. A 7 that is structured and a 6 that doesnt know what he is doing till he does it.
    I think Preston may have signed with the preferance of playing number 7. Thats where he won Dally M, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans were actually in the market for a quality 5/8

True - even more important that they have a solid Barrett/Anaasta type 5\8 then. I think Presto is better at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    True - even more important that they have a solid Barrett/Anaasta type 5\8 then. I think Presto is better at 7.
    Exactly. Unfortunatley come 2007 I think they may well be a rare comodity, I think it will be more likely that we see Preston go to 6 with another 7 being recruited.

A guy that wouldn't surprise me to see end up with the Coast is Scott Hill, I'm unsure of his contract situation, but I think the Coast would have a better chance of picking up a guy like him rather than guys like Anasta and Barrett. Hill would be a good leader to build a side around and most definitely could develop an excellent combo with Presto. He would be an equally good purchase because he can double as a forward and if the Titans pick up a young guy that can play half or 5/8 like Jamie Soward, that can be used in the forward rotation with Soward coming on to rest a forward and Hill moving to the back of the pack. That sort of method could prove to be very effective for the Titans.

Hill would be a great foil for Preston - though I wasnt suggesting buy Anasta or Barrett (as good as that may be) just that type of player is what is needed.

Yeah I realise you weren't suggesting them, but the mould of a guy like that would be awesome. Some one who has the ability to both run and pass and take some brunt off the forwards if required.

Definately - especially when you see how run down Lockyer is becoming havinng to defend in the front line. He needs to be moved back to fullback.

Any other 5\8 options out there?